Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Vaughan
Trash
Trash

Cut Down Alice Cooper "Old School Reissue"

Post by Vaughan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Hey guys. Alice fan here.

I've been wanting to buy the Old School box set, but my pockets aren't deep enough! But when I was checking today I saw it's being reissued in a cut down version for 27 quid!

I'm sure you all know about it - but in case not.... The inserts seem missing. Not sure what the booklet will be. Obviously the form factor is different (though for me better, easier to store). I have no interest in the missing vinyl either. So this is perfect for me!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA300_.jpg

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-School-Alic ... 850&sr=1-1

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Cut Down Alice Cooper "Old School Reissue"

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

>I'm sure you all know about it

Yes, we did but thanks anyway. Go to http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... 3&start=60 and you will find the previous posts. I appreciate that you're new but do take the time to read as many previous threads as you can before posting information. Thanks.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Vaughan, thank you very much for that information it is great to know that this is getting re-issued at an affordable price. Thank you very much for posting that information and welcome to our little forum on the world of Alice, I'm sure that you will enjoy getting to know the other members and their special little ways.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 pm

very interesting I see no US date yet. I already have the set. wouldn't mind a second set of just the discs though.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:26 pm

I hadn't read this in the other thread so thanks for posting up.

Good to see an affordable version being released for some of the less well-off fans :)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Vaughan
Trash
Trash

Post by Vaughan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Apologies for not doing a search. I did look through the thread titles, but didn't see anything.

To be honest my head nearly exploded when I saw this, hence my excitement. I've gotten close to buying the original release a few times, but in the end have backed off. To see this at this price point is just the greatest news.

I've pre-ordered mine, and really look forward to truly giving this set a go.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Good stuff, it looks extremely good value!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm

It was news to me as well, and great news too. I found the original issue outragiosly pricy.
Andy, I don't think it's fair to expect people to run though a lot of previous posts to see if a question has been answered earlier. I mean the original Old School thread is four pages with lots of the usual arguments about who said what and why.
Vaughan's question was easily answered by those who knew, much easier than for him to look through all the small talk.
When the re-issue hits the shelfes, I think I'll grab one too.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

>Andy, I don't think it's fair to expect people to run though a lot of previous posts to see if a question has been answered earlier.

So what happens to all the interesting information that is stored on this site? Why should the owner of the site spend time and money storing it? Why should people have to read the same old information over and over again and see the same questions being asked over and over again? Why should the owner of the site go to the trouble of announcing news on the "News" page is people are going to ignore it.

> I mean the original Old School thread is four pages with lots of the usual arguments about who said what and why.

So what? If you are new to a forum, it surely makes more sense and is actually more respectful (not that Vaughan was disrespectful) to spend a little time reading some (not all) the posts before indiscriminately posting. It is more considerate that way. As for not being aware of this, you actually have less of an excuse than Vaughan because he is new and you are not, so it's a shame you missed the information that mestreech posted.

>Vaughan's question was easily answered by those who knew, much easier than for him to look through all the small talk.

So you're saying it's acceptable for different people to endlessly ask the same question over and over again. Does that sound fair? Maybe the site owner should remove all previous threads, have no news and remove all the other pages that have information on them if no - one is going to read them, which would certainly save time and money. Maybe you would prefer that?

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 pm

^^Ah, relax. It's not that serious. People talked 3 days about it and then the thread was dead. I never saw it (and probably never would). So, thanks to Vaughan, I now know that there will be a reissue. Thanks for posting.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 am

AMUK have you or anybody heard anything about a US date..?
Or will I have to import this if I want it.?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 am

>AMUK have you or anybody heard anything about a US date..?

Nothing specific.

Vaughan
Trash
Trash

Post by Vaughan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am

Hey guys. I certainly didn't intend to start any trouble over this thread, it was a genuine attempt to let anyone who didn't already know that a cheaper version of Old School was hitting the market.

As I said, I did look at previous thread titles, and didn't see anything that specifically addressed it, so I created a new thread.

I don't see how creating it would create more costs for the board owner, all posts are kept in a database, and text is text. And if anyone else runs a board search for "Old School" surely they would find both threads? I did, once I'd been told, go look at the other thread, but it still didn't really go into this new release.

Anyway, the more people know about this release the better. The original box is very nice, but the price point was/is out of this world. This set is much more reasonable - it's saving me £250!!!

Anyway - still trying to get my head around how this board works. Are we saying that if - say - a reissue of Muscle of Love comes out, it wouldn't get its own thread, but should be mentioned only in a precious Muscle of Love topic?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:03 pm

>I certainly didn't intend to start any trouble over this thread,

It isn't your fault. It was someone else who tried to make a bigger deal of my intervention.

>As I said, it was a genuine attempt to let anyone who didn't already know

Yes and at least you acknowledged that it might not be new information which is a lot more than some people do. Again, it isn't your fault.

>As I said, I did look at previous thread titles, and didn't see anything that specifically addressed it, so I created a new thread.

Well, they don't have to be exactly the same as the subject you're raising. That's why it's worth reading the actual posts not just the name of a subject.

>I don't see how creating it would create more costs for the board owner, all posts are kept in a database, and text is text.

I understand that, but for all you know, there might be bandwith issues.

>And if anyone else runs a board search for "Old School" surely they would find both threads?

How does it make sense to have the same information in more than one place, though?

>I did, once I'd been told, go look at the other thread, but it still didn't really go into this new release.

Well, in that case neither did your post. The point is if you had read it, you would have seen the information you posted was already mentioned (and less than a month ago as well).

>Anyway, the more people know about this release the better. The original box is very nice, but the price point was/is out of this world.

Maybe, maybe not. Again, that was already discussed.

>Anyway - still trying to get my head around how this board works.

A good place to start is the "READ THIS FIRST" section?

> Are we saying that if - say - a reissue of Muscle of Love comes out, it wouldn't get its own thread, but should be mentioned only in a precious Muscle of Love topic?

Well obviously, you'd need to use some common sense. It depends on the subject and how long ago it was. No - one would expect you to revive a discussion that ended many weeks ago but in this case, the subject you raised was raised less than a month ago - that's my point. As I keep saying, that's why it's always worth reading as much as possible before anyone send in their first post.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Vaughan wrote:Hey guys. I certainly didn't intend to start any trouble over this thread, it was a genuine attempt to let anyone who didn't already know that a cheaper version of Old School was hitting the market.

Anyway - still trying to get my head around how this board works. Are we saying that if - say - a reissue of Muscle of Love comes out, it wouldn't get its own thread, but should be mentioned only in a precious Muscle of Love topic?
No worries Vaughan, no one has an issue - only amuk will chirp about what he deems to be appropriate threads or not. He doesn't run this board - he only acts like he does.

Keep posting and don't bother getting into any sparring match with amuk, he always insists on having last word . Watch, he's even going to respond to this comment, he will not be able to not respond. I guarantee it.

Model Citizen
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Model Citizen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 am

Amen, personally I'd rather read an occasional duplicate thread than hundreds of threads derailed by needless patronizing & policing. :nono:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm

This was posted over on the Steve Hoffman forum:

From Second Disc

On Halloween, Universal are to release a new four-CD stripped-down version of ALICE COOPER's Old School Desk Edition. Alice Cooper's Old School: 1964-1974 Special Edition is the incredible true story of the Alice Cooper group. A career-spanning four-CD and eAlbum set taking you inside one of rock's great bands in a unique full-length school yearbook and an array of amazing audio rarities direct from the depths of the band's own vaults and personal collections, with unearthed gems also generously provided by family, friends, road crew, and long-time fans. Housed in a very apt mini school desk design, this set features four discs crammed with demos, pre-production and rehearsal recordings of classic Alice Cooper tracks, radio spots, interview anecdotes, plus a full live show captured on the 1971 Killer tour - Live in St Louis - along with a 60-page yearbook charting the incredible rise of Alice Cooper complete with many rare photos.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... -yearbook/
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Does anyone know if this has an official relelase date?

It was listed as an import on Amazon.com (US) as being released on November 6th, but now is listed as "temporarily out of stock".

The following import site has it being released on December 4th now and they have it at a great price... $30.29.

http://www.importcds.com/Music/2511923/ ... -School-CD

Does anyone know if this is going to be available only as an import in the US or can I expect a non-import version with a similar/better price?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:33 pm

>Does anyone know if this has an official relelase date?

The last I heard was that it had been put back for a short time but that may have changed.

> can I expect a non-import version

As far as I know, yes but that too may have changed.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 pm

I had pre-ordered direct from the Universal Music store. They originally said Oct 29, then Nov 12.
They told me last week it should now be Nov 19 (in the UK at least)...