Damned if you do

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Damned if you do

Post by recoop » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 pm

NowI don't like this track, of L and W,as it stands but i started to wonder whether I would have liked it if it had been delivered with heavy rock chords and with a gruff voice(and then I started to think Lemmy could make a good vox of this-and his image fits)...I would love to hear someone produce a heavy rock cover-power chord heaven perhaps-what do others think-could this track be given a rock overhaul?(Im sure one or two guitarists on this site could rock it up)-what do you think?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Damned if you do

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 am

I think you can re-work anything to make it a style you would like. the fact is,alice doesn't always give you the same ol same ol. when I want heavy alice,it's "raise your fist and yell" or "eyes" for me. But,yeah a heavy "damned" would have been cool too!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 am

I remember when I first heard this song I liked the fact that Alice's voice was different from what we were used to, I liked the country rock twang of this and Ubangi stomp as it showed his versatility. But as Scotty just pointed out you can re-work any song to anyway you like.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Interesting post, Recoop-I like LAW more than I did then in 1977 as it just wasn't heavy enough for me then, although I thought Alice's vocal was kind of funny-sounded like he was trying so hard to explain and was running out of breath! Lemmy WOULD do a good cover of this as it does fit him-he is what he is, take it or leave it. Good musician and seems down to earth. Has anyone met him?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:25 am

I love the track myself. But I also think that Lemmy could do a great version of this song. Lyrically, it does sound like something that Motorhead could produce. And Lemmy's voice could give it that rock n' roll aggression.

Would be pretty cool to hear a Motorhead version of DIYD. However, I really love Alice's original song. So catchy.
Last edited by Desperado22 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:36 am

Don't like the track but absolutely LOVE 'My God', 'It's hot tonight' and 'No more love..' off that underrated album.