Roadie soundtrack versions

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Roadie soundtrack versions

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 am

Although I'm a big Todd R.\Utopia fan, I felt the re-recordings of "Pain" & "Road Rats" was very weak. No comparison to the original recordings. Any other opinions?

Paul
Killer
Killer

Re: Roadie soundtrack versions

Post by Paul » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:48 am

I love the Lace and Whiskey version of Road Rats (best track on that album) but can't stand the Roadie soundtrack version. Weak and insipid.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Certainly agree with both of you-as is usually the case, the originals trump the remakes. Those cheesy keyboards...Oh, the pain!! :(
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Agreed that these re-records are nowhere near as good as the FtF versions but I have to say I liked the fact that these alternates exsisted.

I played all of Alice's albums until the grooves wore out so it was great to have alternate versions. I made compilation tapes over and over again of all non-lp material. All those b-sides, soundtrack cuts and tv appearances were like my own customized Alice record.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Agreed that these re-records are nowhere near as good as the FtF versions but I have to say I liked the fact that these alternates exsisted.

I played all of Alice's albums until the grooves wore out so it was great to have alternate versions. I made compilation tapes over and over again of all non-lp material. All those b-sides, soundtrack cuts and tv appearances were like my own customized Alice record.
I did this too-if an album wasn't to my liking (very few) or on it's last legs, would record the stuff I liked and also would record covers. In fact, listened to one yesterday with the cuts I liked from THE ALICE COOPER SHOW and the 1975 LA bootleg of WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE along with "The Garden" (Guns and Roses with Alice), "Under My Wheels" by Hanoi Rocks, "Only Women Bleed" by Lita Ford, "I'm Eighteen" by Creed, "School's Out" by Soul Asylum and Sensational Alex Harvey Band and "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Megadeth and (God Help Us!) Pat Boone :bam: !
"I need everything the world owes me..."

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 pm

I tried hard to keep an open mind, it's very hard to be objective to hearing an alternate version of a song as beloved as 'pain'. I think the roadie version of Road rats is very poor, very cheesy, however the version of 'Pain' isn't that bad, not as good as the original but a nice alternative.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm

>Agreed that these re-records are nowhere near as good as the FtF versions

Obviously, you know that "Road Rats" is actually on "Lace And Whiskey", or rather, I'm assuming that you do.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:04 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Agreed that these re-records are nowhere near as good as the FtF versions

Obviously, you know that "Road Rats" is actually on "Lace And Whiskey", or rather, I'm assuming that you do.
As stated by Paul, 2nd post in this thread.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 pm

In my honest opinion, I like the Roadie version of Road Rats better than the album version. :blush:
"I'm just another case…”

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm

>As stated by Paul, 2nd post in this thread.

Exactly, which is why it is weird that the (honest and innocent, I'm sure) mistake was made.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:18 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Agreed that these re-records are nowhere near as good as the FtF versions

yeah, temporary brain cramp - it happens.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:15 am

A decent soundtrack overall for what it is. I would like to see Alice do a silly Movie like this again. The days of a bunch of rock stars getting together to make a film doesn't happen a lot anymore. A bunch in the 80's.