Only release to Europe ?

If it's a true release, please i wanr it in America too

http://graphikdesigns.free.fr/alice_coo ... d_1981.jpg

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Special Forces in Paris DVD

Post by Si » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

It's an old bootleg, and not complete either if I recall.
The film has never been officially released anywhere.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 pm

I posted about this several weeks ago and got some very helpful comments about where to get a copy of it online.

Vaughan
Trash
Trash

Post by Vaughan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm

I have a copy I got online.... wow is this BAD. Cooper looks ill, and whoever persuaded him the Clones segment was a good idea ought to have been shot.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 am

nothing going on in that video makes any sense,LOL!!! do I enjoy it though?...yes I do!!

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 am

There is a far better source than the one the OP posted about .

I think its a great video

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:40 am

I wish this would get remastered and restored. Ive only seen the cut version. Some moron cut out who do you think se are and your a movie uggg.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Vaughan wrote:I have a copy I got online.... wow is this BAD. Cooper looks ill, and whoever persuaded him the Clones segment was a good idea ought to have been shot.
To me the Clones segment of the Paris Special is one of the greatest visuals Alice ever made! Knowing Alice's love for Dali, this segment would have made Dali very proud. It's just weird and weird in a great way!

To me that one segment shows what Alice was capable of when getting away from the horror image. The Vicious Rumors segment on that special is Alice at his most ruthless and weird. To me that is much more Alice Cooper than the awfulness of the video Poison.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:58 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Vaughan wrote:I have a copy I got online.... wow is this BAD. Cooper looks ill, and whoever persuaded him the Clones segment was a good idea ought to have been shot.
To me the Clones segment of the Paris Special is one of the greatest visuals Alice ever made! Knowing Alice's love for Dali, this segment would have made Dali very proud. It's just weird and weird in a great way!

To me that one segment shows what Alice was capable of when getting away from the horror image. The Vicious Rumors segment on that special is Alice at his most ruthless and weird. To me that is much more Alice Cooper than the awfulness of the video Poison.
Indeed and I agree. For me this is the most authentic and interesting Alice Cooper in his solo years.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank God for the bootleggers!! So much Rock n Roll saved.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:11 pm

For me this video is a curio. He looks like Hilda Ogden(Coronation Street 1970s) in a Baco foil suit in Clones! Really do not think the boy was well. There is some entertainment in it but for me its like watching something that is a bit sad or disturbing. Some love it though and that is fine. I will stick with my memory of the SF tour.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:44 pm

From pitkin88:
"Thank God for the bootleggers!! So much Rock n Roll saved."

I suspect the master - tape still exists, so not that much saving would have been necessary.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:28 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Thank God for the bootleggers!! So much Rock n Roll saved."

I suspect the master - tape still exists, so not that much saving would have been necessary.

Until that surfaces be thankful for what you have.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:40 pm

From pitkin88:
"Until that surfaces be thankful for what you have."

That may be true but that's different to your original post which implied someone had preserved it.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:23 pm

mr.barlow wrote:

Vicious rumors segment to me looks like a big ol cry for help. Look at how he cant get the fake thumb in his mouth. Wow. I didnt find it scary i found it sad. But i still think it should be released cos this is a document of how bad he became and even at this point he still won the battle with drugs. Thats a testament all its own. Same reason for releasing alice cooper and friends. It may not be his proudest moments but he over came all of that and others can too.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Keith1980 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:

Vicious rumors segment to me looks like a big ol cry for help. Look at how he cant get the fake thumb in his mouth. Wow. I didnt find it scary i found it sad. But i still think it should be released cos this is a document of how bad he became and even at this point he still won the battle with drugs. Thats a testament all its own. Same reason for releasing alice cooper and friends. It may not be his proudest moments but he over came all of that and others can too.
The whole Special Forces character was meant to be disturbing and strange. The classic charcter schtick had grown tired by 1980 and Alice was trying to get his edge back. I think he succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

To me 1980-1983 were Alice at his most creative. It showed what he was capacle of as an artist outside the trappings of the classic "horror" character. It was Alice at his most artistic and more importantly surrealistic.

The Paris Special captures a lot of that. The visual for Clones is by far one of the greatest things Alice ever did--it captures the original intent of Alice Cooper--being weird, surreal and disturbing. It sure beats the dancing chickens! The Vicious Rumors segment to me IS the most disturbing visual Alice has ever done to date. Also, I will guarantee that he was never supposed to suck the thumb of the fake hand. The point was to have the viewer anticipate he was going to suck the thumb--and then not do it. To me those few seconds make the whole thing. It stuck with you--so obviously it worked. It's Alice at his best. You may find it "sad" but it was far from a cry for help. Again, the whole intent for the Special Forces character and tour was to again show the world Alice had an edge. He went back to his roots so to speak. Just downright nasty!

1980-1983 is my favorite Alice era. The Special Foces character was beyond a doubt one of the most outlandish entities to ever be on a stage. It was great to see him try different things and those albums hold up better than a lot of his catalog. Dada is his masterpiece and in my opinion there is nothing else in his career that comes close to topping it.

I'm hoping as time goes on that that era gets the respect it deserves. I also hope we get a proper releases of a SF show and the Paris Special. Even though Alice was really messed up at the time he was also at his mst ruthless and authentic. 1981 was the closest Alice ever came to capturing the original energy and artistic sense of the original band. I would say he took Alice to a whole new level.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Well said Mr Barlow.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:23 am

Re-watch the special. Cos he does suck the thumb he trys to put it in is mouth like 3 times and misses and gets it finaly. I know his character has edge and he trys pushing the envelope but that segment doesnt look at all like an act some of that song does and its a really thin line between acting and seriously messed up and i think that song captures it. 18 hes trying to slap the hand off and misses that could be another line but the thumb sucking to me comes across like hes in bad shape. Not cos he was sucking a thumb but cos he couldnt get it in his mouth.

Ivd just wat hed it again its on dailymotion its almost the full show. It cuts out who do you think we are And im a movie

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f1mtq

Just after the 35 min mark

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:46 am

The thumb bit was about building anticipation to when he finally gets it in his mouth. It's the highlight of the segment and I'm sure it was planned that way. It was a taped segment and I'm sure some of the ideas were thought out and planned in advance--this being one of them. It's the 'take-away" moment of the segment.

You have to remember that whether in the best of shape or the worst of shape nearly everything Alice does is very calculated. I'm not saying that there's never any spontanity, but a framework is established going into any show or taping.

With the 1981 incarnation of the character Alice went out of his way to bring back the edge and weirdness as it originally started out. It was a calculated move. He was in the depths of drug addiction which further led to the repulsiveness of his appearence, but even then in 1981 he was able to still perform and some would argue give some of the best live shows of his career. Talk to anyone whon was at any of the SF era shows.

The whole plan was to be very unerving and very shocking--like it originally started out.. He wanted to shock. He wanted to repluse. He wanted back his edge. He wanted people to feel uneasy. He wanted people to see him as "messed up". That was the goal--the was the whole planned idea!

The problem is that by 1981 the whole world and fan base had come to expect the loveable villain of the classic character. They no longer wanted Alice to shock and be weird--they wanted him to entertain. The large majority of fans were shocked by it.

I find that very ironinc--a fan base that fell in love with the master of shock rock were then replused when he actually went back to being shocking!

At any rate--with the comeback, Alice reverted to the loveabble villain of the classic character and has given his fans what they wanted ever since.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:59 am

You will never convince me that any of that was planned. Erik scott even said their was no plans when they got their to film in paris. And watching the video alice is off key so much to the taped vocals. Its like an early version of milly vanilly lol. I love the video its interesting i have it downloaded to my phone to watch but man no way this was planned or calculated. This video looks like it was shot in a day or 2 and erick says they couldnt do more than one or 2 songs a day. Really?? I think hes talking about editing took a week to 10 days and thats the best they could do lol.
Last edited by Keith1980 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.