82-83

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

82-83

Post by tim10cc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Alice did a advert in 82 for Zipper Catches Skin (Bathroom scene)...thats about all I could find.

What I would like to know is there ANY interviews out there of Alice talking promoting or mentioning of Zipper Catches Skin or Da Da...in the years 1982 0r 83?

Any articles...any mentioning anywhere?

I would love to see.

Tim
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 82-83

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 pm

>Any articles...any mentioning anywhere?

I think there was one that comes to mind, but that was about it.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Never heard it, but I remember seeing a bootleg vinyl interview album being advertised somewhere. It alleged that one side was an interview on Raise Your Fist and Yell and the other side was the same interviewer managing to get Alice to talk about Dada. I occasionally regret not taking a gamble on this (£40 I think it was being sold for), though it's anybody's guess as to whether it was worth hearing or not. The fact that, to my knowledge, this interview material hasn't cropped up anywhere else makes me doubt the substance to it.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I had a copy of a magazine from 82 or 83 with an article about Alice talking about Zipper. Even with my extensive collection of magazines with Alice content I managed to lose it. I remember at one point Alice was talking to the interviewer then said he had to go a minute, another call was waiting. When he returned he said it was a UFO expert and he's into UFO's lately.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 pm

>I remember at one point Alice was talking to the interviewer then said he had to go a minute, another call was waiting. When he returned he said it was a UFO expert and he's into UFO's lately.

That is the one I was referring to. It was from "Hit Parader".

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 am

There are a few things in the eChive atop the page.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:53 am

>There are a few things in the eChive atop the page.

Unfortunately, those don't appear to be what tim10cc was asking for.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 am

I have a clipping (less than quarter-size page) that mentions Alice working on Dada. The person doing the article says that Alice is to release this album soon, and he/she ends the piece by saying "Alice is the nicest guy we know." The picture on the clipping is of Alice from the back cover of ZCS.

I don't think it has any quotes from Alice. It's the only clipping I have or have seen from the 82-83 era.

Don't know what mag it was from; I'd have to take it out of the album and see if it says a magazine title or something on the back. From what I remember I don't think it was from a rock mag.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 pm

tim10cc wrote:Alice did a advert in 82 for Zipper Catches Skin (Bathroom scene)...thats about all I could find.

What I would like to know is there ANY interviews out there of Alice talking promoting or mentioning of Zipper Catches Skin or Da Da...in the years 1982 0r 83?

Any articles...any mentioning anywhere?

I would love to see.

Tim
Unfortunately Alice was not exactly in great shape to be giving interviews in light of the birth of his non-existent son, Damien.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am

I remember alice presenting an award with grace jones around "dada"'s release and I think it was john denver who introduced them and mentioned a brief description of the album (or the writer's description). yeah,any press was so scarce those days.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 pm

scotty wrote:. yeah,any press was so scarce those days.
Isn't that the truth! Not much at all during this period-remember seeing years later a bootleg of Alice at a urinal and being interrupted for ZIPPER (which I think is a great little album) and an article in a HIT PARADER where Alice was talking about being on tour and considering himself "The champ". Only press that I found for DADA was a brief snippet in CIRCUS, where they give it a C+ and mention that when Alice makes an album,"He makes it for everybody".
Not a lot of stuff to put in my scrapbook- CREEM came out a Heavy Metal Special Edition with a full page article by Jeffrey Morgan (who wrote the great liner notes LIFE AND CRIMES OF ALICE COOPER and the WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE special edition) that was quite supportive (considering CREEM constantly busted on Alice) and ended with "Remember The Coop, huh?"-this was the last page in that scrapbook which I had been filling in since Christmas of 1977 to February of 1983.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:29 pm

I have a really negative review of "dada" somewhere. The title was "alice cooper no longer super" and that the album's concept was a stab at a rock and roll "sybil" and that he missed the mark. It said "dyslexia" was the only stab at a single the album had ( "I love america???") and that dick wagner only played well on "pass the gun around". It went on to say that his voice was still good but the material was so far from the acg days that it was all he had left...whatever I say!!
it was from one of those friday inserts they do in local news papers,so it was a nobody writing it.

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 pm

What I am seeking is interview did of Alice when the albums were fresh on the shelf.

Sometimes artist made radio or television appearances to promote their latest album.

There seems to be good coverage of Alice 86 on up of these sort of interviews.

I have heard a few in the past where Alice talked about FF & SF,,,but nothing from Zipper or Da Da. Last year there were some great interviews like this with w2nm. When Alice has appeared on ROCKLINE in the past... those interviews usually go into the current albums where Alice talks about it.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 pm

I do remember a interview on the radio that Alice did when Zipper came out. I do emember him talking about "Tag Your It" and the other songs It's been so long ago I am not sure if it was done for the local radio station q95 in Indianapolis or if it was done as part of a show like Rockline or something...I seem to recal there was also a interview about the same time for Kiss Creatures Of The Night by the same interviewer. The radio station here Q95 played briefly "I Like Girls" and also Kiss "Keep Me Commin"

When DaDa came out Q95 which has Bob and Tom (comedy) in the mornings. I do remember them playing "I Love America" a couple of times. Thats about all I have heard from the two albums
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:24 pm

thats what I am talking about...I would love to hear interviews like these...Lost in the world of communications :bam:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:21 pm

They might be in the radio station archive.

If you know the station and some details it might be worth contacting the station to inquire about it. Doesn't hurt to ask.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Be thankful you all lived in a town where Alice gets radio play...Sure he keeps play here, just a handful of songs I have heard is Schools out, No more Mr Niceguy, 18, Poison, and on the lost classic show they play "Under my wheels"...thats about it,,,The local station here does broadcast ROCKLINE and thats the only time we get a large dose of Cooper. As far as 82-83 goes I would love to hear a sit down interview with Alice back then talking about Zipper or Da Da...I guess its a scarce thing.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:26 pm

I have quite a few reviews of both these albums but no interviews, He did an interview in Kerrang just after dada but barely mentioned it, just mentioned that he was working on a follow up to welcome to my nightmare. In the interview he mentioned loving Annie Lennox and boy George but very little about dada or zcs.