New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: SickThings, Devon, Si, Gorehound, Shoesalesman

Paul
Killer
Killer
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by Paul » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:01 pm

I have decided to swerve this book due to the numerous factual errors. I received a Waterstones book token for my birthday that I was saving especially for this book but have now spent it on a different book. I'll pick it up for £2 if I see it in one of those remainder shops.

User avatar
Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: Between High School and Old School

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:51 pm

What more can be said that Alice himself did not say in his own book, "Golf Monster"?? I'll pass.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by James1981 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:15 am

Another 3 mistakes I don't think have been mentioned. Frank Sinatra singing you and me from the album goes to hell.
Peter Frampton celebrating the success of his album 'Frampton comes Alice' :smack:
In the photos section it says that Davey Johnstone is Steve Hunter.
Boomshanka

User avatar
Gunner
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by Gunner » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

James1981 wrote:Another 3 mistakes I don't think have been mentioned. Frank Sinatra singing you and me from the album goes to hell.
Peter Frampton celebrating the success of his album 'Frampton comes Alice' :smack:
In the photos section it says that Davey Johnstone is Steve Hunter.
I'm going to HAVE to get this book to believe what you are telling me. Doesn't seem like the book has been proofread even - I mean point two (at least) would have been pulled up by a proofreader.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by James1981 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Must admit I laughed out loud at that one. What an interesting album Frampton comes Alice could be :laugh:
Boomshanka

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by Devon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 pm

"Frampton comes Alice" is pretty funny, but that one we can probably give a pass on as a simple typo since the "C" and the "V" are next to each other on the keyboard.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by homerx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Billie1966 wrote:What more can be said that Alice himself did not say in his own book, "Golf Monster"?? I'll pass.

Danny~

Golf Monster indeed a Very good book. I do hope for an expanded version some time.
Really enjoy the Audio Abridged version of Golf Monster as well

User avatar
Nick
Killer
Killer
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am

Got my copy of the book yesterday and am about 60 pages in. I have to say the book is extremely well written and entertaining, it is worth a read, although the factual errors are simply inexcusable on every level. The parts of the story that we "know" to be factual however are still presented in such a well written way that i have to say the book is worth a read. give it a chance, but granted you have to be on guard about the validity of some of the information.

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Sandefjord, Norway

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by Luney Tune » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Just read the book. Before I started i had learned that there was a lot of blunders and wrong facts in it. So i started and read and noted in the book all faults i could find. But to my surprise i started to really like the book. All you people that have not yet read the book - do it !!! At least before you say something about it. I prefer this to Golf Monster any time. What is good is that there is a lot of people that can see the Alice story from another point of view. And the author has his own opinions which are really interesting. If it`s had not had been for the misfacts in the book, this would`ve been the best book i have ever read about Alice - maybe it is still.

In Golf Monster Alice only tells his side of the story, in this book there is several sides. Gonna read it again in a while.
It`s all in this luney tune....

User avatar
dadascot
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by dadascot » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Luney Tune wrote:Just read the book. Before I started i had learned that there was a lot of blunders and wrong facts in it. So i started and read and noted in the book all faults i could find. But to my surprise i started to really like the book. All you people that have not yet read the book - do it !!! At least before you say something about it. I prefer this to Golf Monster any time. What is good is that there is a lot of people that can see the Alice story from another point of view. And the author has his own opinions which are really interesting. If it`s had not had been for the misfacts in the book, this would`ve been the best book i have ever read about Alice - maybe it is still.

In Golf Monster Alice only tells his side of the story, in this book there is several sides. Gonna read it again in a while.
This sounds like a balanced look at it, I haven't read it but I think I will now. Cheers.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 am

>But to my surprise i started to really like the book. All you people that have not yet read the book - do it !!! At least before you say something about it

There is actually a lot about it that is very good indeed (describing the culture of time during the band's existence, the descriptions of the actual music and the quality of the actual writing) but the main problem is that people will think everything in it is correct and that is definitely not the case.

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: New book: Welcome to My Nightmare

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Just been listening to the Audiobook available on iTunes.

Apparently, Alice provided a song for Nightmare on Elm Street!?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Post Reply