Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Relationship with Warner

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 pm

>Andy if you put my suggestions forward,

Do it yourself - you're the one who's been checking up on them and maybe you can give them a stiff talking to while you're doing it.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:07 pm

When Trash was a success, if I remember correctly "The Beast of AC" compiliation was released-this would seem to be an example of a record label(was that Warners?) thinking it worthwhile to cash in on old stuff
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:21 pm

>-this would seem to be an example of a record label(was that Warners?)

Yes.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>There's always a first time, maybe who knows if one doesn't ask as I am doing now. What can be the worst thing that could happen!

Here's the part you still don't understand. What you are suggesting is not unreasonable as far as it goes, but for it to happen, there needs to be a reason or opportunity. So for example, let's say Alice's next albums sells several million copies, in which case that would be a good opportunity for Warner Brothers to promote the old material so as to take advantage of Alice's success. Until something like that happens, there really isn't a reason for them to give him priority at this time when they have so many other artists as well. You're getting way too obsessed with this "website" situation.
Hi Andy, perhaps I am not aware of the intricacies of this business I’m sure it’s not rocket science, but you shouldn’t dismiss out of hand other peoples’ suggestions, somebody else’s idea’s may actually work. I hope you haven’t become complacent and become a pipe & slippers man. That would be sad.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:45 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Andy if you put my suggestions forward,

Do it yourself - you're the one who's been checking up on them and maybe you can give them a stiff talking to while you're doing it.
Give me the contact details and I'll do it. :8):

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Andy, perhaps I am not aware of the intricacies of this business I’m sure it’s not rocket science

I didn't say it was. I just said it wasn't clear what you think is going to be achieved.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:49 pm

>Give me the contact details and I'll do it.

They are on the sites which you have visited.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:Hi Andy, perhaps I am not aware of the intricacies of this business I’m sure it’s not rocket science

I didn't say it was. I just said it wasn't clear what you think is going to be achieved.

I’m not really sure myself what could be achieved, but if you don’t crack an egg you won’t make an omelette.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Seriously wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:Hi Andy, perhaps I am not aware of the intricacies of this business I’m sure it’s not rocket science

I’m not really sure myself what could be achieved, but if you don’t crack an egg you won’t make an omelette.
Well there’s no harm trying, so I’ll give it a go in the next couple of days and post the response here, positive or negative if I get a reply. And wait for the nay Sayers to say told you so, but I tried will be my response. Have a good un.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Well Andy, it’s been a week now and no reply to my e-mail to WB, not even an acknowledgment that they had received it, very sad.

Saying that I wrote to Alice in 1973 and I’m still waiting for the reply, do you think he received it?

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Seriously wrote:Well Andy, it’s been a week now and no reply to my e-mail to WB, not even an acknowledgment that they had received it, very sad.

Saying that I wrote to Alice in 1973 and I’m still waiting for the reply, do you think he received it?
Seriously your letter from 1973 must have got lost in the post and you got lost on the road somewhere, must be all that whiskey you keep asking Andy to send you for your Warner Bros OCD.

But please let us all know if you hear from them, as I don't know why they could possibly not want to reply to you? :x
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 pm

>Seriously your letter from 1973 must have got lost in the post and you got lost on the road somewhere, must be all that whiskey you keep asking Andy to send you for your Warner Bros OCD.

>But please let us all know if you hear from them, as I don't know why they could possibly not want to reply to you? :x[/quote]

I take things like this serious, it was oh so serious to me as kid back in 73, but I look back at my time at the track, but wasn’t sure if was Texas or Canada I sent it to, it’s no laugh and a joke you know. I was rattled and shook that the possibility the letter was lost in America and what a pain what a strain on my brain it was for a long time.

I will of course let you know if WB respond, I doubt if they will though, so I my make myself a nuisance and send another but not tonight.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:56 pm

In an upstairs room
Under lock and key
It's our friend with OCD
Seriously

All the letters sent
To the president
Of the record company

Formerly Warner
Brothers in arms
No Alice Cooper now
Not on their website
Not on their payroll
Seriously wonders how?
Formerly Warner!

He tries to be funny
But so annoyingly
Posts that I don't want to see
Seriously
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:22 am

steven_crayn wrote:In an upstairs room
Under lock and key
It's our friend with OCD
Seriously

All the letters sent
To the president
Of the record company

Formerly Warner
Brothers in arms
No Alice Cooper now
Not on their website
Not on their payroll
Seriously wonders how?
Formerly Warner!

He tries to be funny
But so annoyingly
Seriously
genius!

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Under lock and key
It's our friend with OCD
Seriously

All the letters sent
To the president
Of the record company

Formerly Warner
Brothers in arms
No Alice Cooper now
Not on their website
Not on their payroll
Seriously wonders how?
Formerly Warner!

He tries to be funny
But so annoyingly
Seriously
Good reply, although lamentable.
Surprised to hear from me?
Just to let you know; I was doing my bit I thought, and I was much obliged to take this forward as a fan of many a year.
That's no big disgrace, but becoming complacent It's hard to see where the vicious circle ends some times.
It’s not like you’re stupid or dumb, I guess you’re just another case and time has changed your point of view, but it’s not like I did something wrong! Just good old boys and girls having some fun. So don't take it so Serious!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Seriously wrote:
Under lock and key
It's our friend with OCD
Seriously

All the letters sent
To the president
Of the record company

Formerly Warner
Brothers in arms
No Alice Cooper now
Not on their website
Not on their payroll
Seriously wonders how?
Formerly Warner!

He tries to be funny
But so annoyingly
Seriously
Good reply, although lamentable.
Surprised to hear from me?
Just to let you know; I was doing my bit I thought, and I was much obliged to take this forward as a fan of many a year.
That's no big disgrace, but becoming complacent It's hard to see where the vicious circle ends some times.
It’s not like you’re stupid or dumb, I guess you’re just another case and time has changed your point of view, but it’s not like I did something wrong! Just good old boys and girls having some fun. So don't take it so Serious!
you're just rehashing Alice lyrics try and come up with something a little bit original Seriously.

It's nothing personal but I really think you need to put this Warner Bros thing to bed night night

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 pm

You're right, enoughs enough.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Under lock and key
It's our friend with OCD
Seriously

All the letters sent
To the president
Of the record company

Formerly Warner
Brothers in arms
No Alice Cooper now
Not on their website
Not on their payroll
Seriously wonders how?
Formerly Warner!

He tries to be funny
But so annoyingly
Seriously
genius!
cheers Dude.

I don't mean to be cruel to Seriously and I kinda feel sorry for the guy it's not nice seeing someone get such a kicking when I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's all in fun, have a nice day Seriously. :alice:

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
Under lock and key
It's our friend with OCD
Seriously

All the letters sent
To the president
Of the record company

Formerly Warner
Brothers in arms
No Alice Cooper now
Not on their website
Not on their payroll
Seriously wonders how?
Formerly Warner!

He tries to be funny
But so annoyingly
Seriously
genius!
cheers Dude.

I don't mean to be cruel to Seriously and I kinda feel sorry for the guy it's not nice seeing someone get such a kicking when I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's all in fun, have a nice day Seriously. :alice:
I wouldn't call that a kicking, I'm just having some fun with some chumps that's all, who are by far taking life and themselves far too Seriously, but I am sure are all nice people.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:30 am

Seriously wrote: I wouldn't call that a kicking, I'm just having some fun with some chumps that's all, who are by far taking life and themselves far too Seriously, but I am sure are all nice people.
chumps eh? taking life and themselves too seriously? this coming from someone who said
Seriously wrote:Okay I may be repeating myself here, having done extensive research on Warner Bros sites there was absolutely no refererence of Alice at all, perhaps you can prove otherwise.

I think this is a disgrace that they don't support him in any way in promotional areana or upgrading of the sales profile; but still willing to take the money for past glories. (It must have been one hell of a bust up).

Should we contact Warner and petition via e-mail to give support and be a general nuisance, open to suggestions.
it's pretty clear the only chump taking life and themselves too seriously is you, get out more you might make some friends!