Classic VH v Classic Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Classic VH v Classic Alice

Post by jacknifejohnny » Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 am

Gotta say, really imressed with the new Van Halen album " A Different Kind Of Truth", back with the original line-up, minus one, sounds like they havn't missed a beat, brilliant album from 1st track to last, no fillers here. Does anybody here think a new Alice album with the originals, minus one, would be as good. IMO the best track off the new album is "When Hell Comes Home", classic ACG sound. 10 more tracks like that and i would die a happy man. Surely, with all the bad feelings that have gone on in The Van Halen camp over the years, and to come out with a gem like they have, it would be a walk in the park for our boys. Whadya reckon ?

Paul
Killer
Killer

Re: Classic VH v Classic Alice

Post by Paul » Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 am

I am a big VH fan and I love A Different Kind of Truth. It sounds just like prime early 80s VH. Unfortunately, few bands can recapture the magic. If it was easy, all classic bands would do it.

VH have rerecorded 5 songs that they demoed in the 70s. This is something they did 'back in the day' too. For example, House of Pain was originally demoed in 1976 but appeared on the 1984 album with new lyrics. I don't think there are any previously demoed Alice songs that he could retool for a new album.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 am

Would LOVE to see Alice reunite with Mike, Dennis and Neal for at least one more album, with Mick Mashbir filling in for GB. Since the sickness began, I would always check each new album to see if any of the old band had played on or co-written a song and when it finally happened, all I could think was "YES!!! About time too!"
Really enjoy WTMN2 overall and the three group songs are great and have the old vibe. I'm sure they could come up with some interesting material or do a Yardbirds cover for a new album.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu May 24, 2012 10:03 pm

I've tried and I don't think you can compare the greats just put them in a class of greats together..Alice Cooper is my favourite band...but I am sure Van Halen have produced stuff good enough to be in rock heaven/top rock class along with Alice (the Stones, Who, Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc)..I've no idea whether ACG could produce say 10 great songs but it would be worth trying..think " When Hell" is best track On W2-musically a bit down beat to me- as if it should belong on Muscle of Love IMO...
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri May 25, 2012 1:51 am

Van Halen's new album is amazing. So nice to have a new VH album with DLR!

Hunter

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun May 27, 2012 4:11 pm

I know it's not classic Van Halen but a few years ago I went to see Dave lee Roth and was so disapointed, the guy was actually embarresing on stage, he looked like Freddy starr.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Think he was goin' through his fat Elvis stage then dadascot lol, heard similar reports from others who saw him, the review of VH in Tampa a couple of weeks back was fantastic, though, looks like the tour could all be over again as the band have apparently had another big fall-out. So my advice Alice, is, keep the reunion tour short haha.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 pm

If you watch the video released by DLR, VH is just taking a break. If they're not getting along, they're sure putting on a good show of getting along. When I saw them in Nashville last month, they all acted like they were having fun. Besides, if they were imploding, it makes no sense to continue with 5 weeks of shows before the postponed dates. If they really hated each other, I'd expect the tour to end now, not after June 26.

Time will tell....

Hunter