Dee Snider inspired by Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Paul
Killer
Killer

Dee Snider inspired by Alice

Post by Paul » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Twisted Sister Dee recounts how series of comedy messages led to demo then on to fully-fledged theatrical music record.

Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider was inspired to record his Broadway album after a series of missed phone calls with Alice Cooper.

They entertained each other so much with their answerphone messages it led to a demo – and it’s now resulted in Dee Does Broadway, out next month.

Snider tells BackstageAxxess: “Me and Alice Cooper kept missing each other. I don’t know who sang the first show tune – ‘Hey Alice please call me!’ – but I said, ‘Dude, we should do a record.’

“So we demoed Luck Be A Lady from Guys And Dolls. It came out great but at the time it wasn’t right for either of us.

“Then I did Rock Of Ages on Broadway for three months. I said, ‘Let me revisit it.’ I’ve had more fun with this record than anything I’ve done in years.”

The album includes his take on classics including Cabaret, Mack The Knife, Music Of The Night and I Get A Kick Out Of You. It also features Cyndi Lauper on Big Spender and the stars of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert on There Is Nothin’ Like A Dame.

Snider’s autobiography, Shut Up And Give Me The Mic, is published on the same day, May 8. He recently completed a stint on reality gameshow Celebrity Apprentice and he’s appearing in a sitcom while voicing a Disney cartoon.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Dee Snider inspired by Alice

Post by recoop » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:01 pm

would like to here those demos..interesting post
You are an individual, just like everybody else.