slick black limousine

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

slick black limousine

Post by dadascot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:44 pm

I was just going through some LP's (remember them) that I haven't looked at in nearly ten years, and there, sandwiched between some eighties dross, was my treasured copy of slick black limousine that I was sure was lost in some divorce or other. I was actually given it as a present from a religious cult in the isle of Bute that I had taught computer skills to (true story). So two questions for fellow sickthingers - 1. Have any others acquired Alice memento's in strange circumstances, and 2. Should SBL have been on the BDB album in the first place? The album only runs for about 40 minutes. I think it would have fitted nicely between Generation landslide and sick things. Anyway I'm away off to play slick back limousine again.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Re: slick black limousine

Post by daytripper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:31 am

:rock: Its a cool song.....love it.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:17 am

I love the song but it's not perfect enough to be included on B$B

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 am

I love it but it might have been a bit out of place on BDB.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 am

I guess you could A.) technically say it was on BDB,since it's on the deluxe edition or B.)burn your own version! good placement idea,btw! between "unfinished suite" and "mr. nice guy" may have worked too,imo.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Interesting point..it's a cool song with all those weird DD bass runs and it actually might have fitted better as you said between "Generation Landslide" and "Sick Things". "Mary-Ann" doesn't really do anything (Is a lot like AC/DC's "Big Balls", meaning good for a laugh or two and probably not play it very much afterward) and for me, interrupts the flow between "Sick Things" and "I Love The Dead".Plus, Dennis would have gotten more royalties. Only two contributions on BDB, whereas on KILLER and SCHOOL'S OUT, he was all over the place.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:46 pm

tuneylune wrote:Interesting point..it's a cool song with all those weird DD bass runs and it actually might have fitted better as you said between "Generation Landslide" and "Sick Things". "Mary-Ann" doesn't really do anything (Is a lot like AC/DC's "Big Balls", meaning good for a laugh or two and probably not play it very much afterward) and for me, interrupts the flow between "Sick Things" and "I Love The Dead".Plus, Dennis would have gotten more royalties. Only two contributions on BDB, whereas on KILLER and SCHOOL'S OUT, he was all over the place.
I always thought that Mary-Ann broke the flow between those two songs, although I always liked it because I thought that it added to the androgynous side of the character. Your right DD's bass line's are fantastic, and another straight forward rocker like 'under my wheels' would, I think, have been a good addition to the album. NMNG was originally written for the Killer album but didn't make that or SO.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I love SBL - I remember waiting for the postie to delive my NME, so I could catch him before he screwed it up and stuffed it in the letter box. Haven't seen my copy for a while now, maybe it will show up one day like yours, dadascot. I think it would've fitted perfectly on B$B instead of Mary Ann, which alway seemed kinda pointless to me.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:27 pm

....I First got SBL from a newspaper shop when the NME was published.....I Thought it was a very weird song...but have grown to really love it over the years ( I was also extremely disappointed that the B-side of the Flexi-single contained the "Have you ever had gas before" intro, but the BDB album didn't have it included..)

I have always liked "Mary Ann" where it is placed on the album, as I have always thought of that funny little track as a kind of "Calm" before the storm that was "I love the Dead"....( remember, this was in 1973, and THAT song was just so WAYYYYY over the top!!!!). I do think that SBL could have been included on the album, and wouldn't really be that out of place between generation landslide and Sick things as well.....Hey that sounds cool to me!!! :grin:
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:18 am

Slick Black Limousine always a great song as is its counter
Coal Black Model T.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

Great song, always cracks me up! :laugh: But I'm not sure if it would fit on B$B.
The sanest days are mad.