Gallus. Cooper this weekend

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gallus Cooper
Trash
Trash

Gallus. Cooper this weekend

Post by Gallus Cooper » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Our first dates of UK tour Newcastle Trillians - 9/03 then Railway tavern Bolton 10/03 with Alice's snake Dali

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Re: Gallus. Cooper this weekend

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Thought I should stop by and write a little missive. I trekked over to Bolton for the Gallus gig and it was awesomes! Ludicrously small stage but the band were tight and the setlist long and varied. As those who know me a little better will be aware, I'm a cynical little so and so sometimes, but Gallus Cooper did the Master proud IMO and it was the perfect way for me to get a fix until Alice rolls around to the UK again later this year.

If you've not seen them I would urge you to goif they make a stop near your neck of the woods - fine musicanship and top-notch guys to boot! So much so that I'm making a trip to Glasgow next weekend to catch em again! :rock:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Brilliant Sparky, thanks for that, always good to get another Sickthngs opinion on this sort of thing! If I get the chance, I would love to see them!
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 am

And seems I'm not the only one - following is a review from www.rock-zone.co.uk:

Now, I’ll be honest. I do spend a great deal of time at my local venue watching tribute acts. There are a number of reasons for this – the cost of going to see the original artists, the fact that some of the “real” people have ceased to be and, oh yes, the chances of seeing Bon Jovi or Green Day playing in a village in Lancashire is non-existant! Some of the tributes are very, very good and others? Not so much! The people of Bolton, however, are lucky to have a venue like The Railwaywho always strive to make sure that they get the best on the scene and try not to over egg the pudding when it comes to certain bands.

I have to say that the other week I had the immense pleasure of witnessing the arrival of Gallus Cooper. Advertised as Europe’s number 1 Alice Cooper tribute, I was hoping that they would live up to their billing. The crowd were not to be disappointed.

UK-based Alice Cooper tribute band Gallus Cooper, formed in 2007, have build a solid reputation throughout Britain for their accurate renditions of many of Alice Cooper, Alice Cooper Band and shock rock’s best songs. As their reputation has spread they have been playing throughout the UK on a regular basis.

Bringing with them dancers, an electric chair, an extremely tight band and the real Alice’s UK snake – Gallus Cooper really did pull out all the stops when it comes to a tribute show. With songs covering Alice’s entire history there can not have been anyone present who didn’t find some songs they knew (from likes of the more recent “Poison” through to some that were less obvious like “Department of Youth”).

A fantastic set, brilliant performances and lots of fun was had by all. The Bolton crowd clearly will be very excited in the build up to the return of Gallus Cooper to Bolton – next time it will be Halloween. How appropriate.

The ultimate tribute? That’s for you to decide. However, having seen the real Alice I have to say that this was the closest to the real thing I can imagine.

For more information: www.galluscooper.com

Review by David Wilson
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Would love to see them too - when are you coming down South guys?
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

They're looking to do a gig in the South (not sure how far South) in mid July - no venue as yet, though.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Well, I want to be there, so I hope they announce where it is soon :) :clap: :clap:

ianmac
Trash
Trash

Post by ianmac » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm more of a lurker than a poster here, but I must agree with some other posters about the standard of Gallus Cooper. They really are excellent. I saw them as couple of years ago (along with another regular poster here) and they really were very good. And it was great to meet young Bill Crowe with them as well ! I'm looking forward to seeing them again in a few months time up in the very, very north of Scotland. In Orkney. Look it up on a map :)

nightmare 18
Trash
Trash

Post by nightmare 18 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 am

Hi folks just getting this back to the top as gig is this Friday night. Sparkinthedark glad you enjoyed them and they had another blinder in Bathgate last week so to everyone who can make it get along to Ivory Blacks in Glasgow for another great night on Friday.

Gallus Cooper
Trash
Trash

Post by Gallus Cooper » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks for all the great comments guys. Spark in the Dark we'll see you again tomorrow night in Glasgow. We're hopefully getting a video produced to share with you all.

UK dates so far are:

Fri - 30/03/12 – Ivory Blacks, Glasgow Fri 20/4/12 – The Eagle, Prestwick
Sun - 6/05/12 – Maggie May’s Glasgow(for Yorkhill Hospital, organised by ‘Events for Charity’)
Sat 2/06/12 - C in the Park - Festival, Kilysth (Capability Scotland – Charity Event)
17/06/12 – Stirling Charity Festival (TBC)
Fri - 29/06/12 – Fusion, Kirkwall, Orkney
Sat - 30/06/12 –Newmarket Rock Bar, Thurso,
Fri - 13/07/12 – Chaos Festival, Guernsey, Channel Islands.
Sat - 14/07/12 – Finn’s Rock Bar – Weymouth
Ivory Black’s, Glasgow to be re-scheduled for Aug/Sept
Bannerman’s Rock Bar – Edinburgh (TBC)
Sept - Dakota Rock Bar, Greenock (TBC)
Sept - Dreadnought Rocks, Bathgate (TBC)
Oct 2012 - Trillians, Newcastle (TBC)
Oct 2012 - Yard Birds, Grimsby (TBC)
Fri 5/10/12 - Lanark Agricultural Centre with Dressed To Kill
Sat 6/10/12 – TBC
Fri 26/10/12 Sutton in Ashfield - Halloween Bash - TBC
Sat 27/10/12 Halloween Bash - The Railway Tavern, Bolton (TBC)
28/12/12 Ivory Black’s Christmas Bash, Glasgow
Fri 01/03/13 - The Railway Tavern, Bolton (TBC)
Sat 2/03/13 - Wolverhampton Slade Rooms (Civic Hall) with Dressed to Kill

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Ah the 'spewmarket' in Thurso. Just ten minutes from my house. Will see you there.
Boomshanka

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:28 pm

That sounds really appealing James

Gallus, please come to Cheltenham :(

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Another truly fantastic gig on Friday - a nice big crowd and very exuberant they were, too. :clap:

Looks like I'll not make another gig until the next time they come to Bolton in October but it's certainly been enough to tide me over until I head Stateside in June! Thanks to all the guys for their continued friendship and hospitality - you all rock! :rock:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->