Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Interesting Alice interview in Rollin Stone

Post by mestreech » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:56 am

Hi,

Alice made some interesting comments in the latest (digital) Rolling Stone.
He talks about an upcoming W2MN show later in 2012.
Although Alice never "be trusted" on his comments it still shows they are thinking about a new show. :clap: :rock: :devil:

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Interesting Alice interview in Rollin Stone

Post by scotty » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 am

we'll take it for now! hard to imagine alice saying something he's not sure will happen to RS,even the digital version! I can see no ACAS tour,but if he ever does a "theme" tour,you'd have to think this must be it!

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm

He managed to put on a totally different and big show after a tour in 2009 (TOD). So because of that ,i trust him.They can direct and reharsh a brand new show during their mini-break of this year's tour..

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:13 am

I'm sure he's constantly kicking around ideas for a new show!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Holly Grail wrote:He managed to put on a totally different and big show after a tour in 2009 (TOD). So because of that ,i trust him.They can direct and reharsh a brand new show during their mini-break of this year's tour..
I doubt we're going to see anything new until 2013 at the earliest.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Holly Grail wrote:He managed to put on a totally different and big show after a tour in 2009 (TOD). So because of that ,i trust him.They can direct and reharsh a brand new show during their mini-break of this year's tour..
I doubt we're going to see anything new until 2013 at the earliest.
and by then it'll be time for a new album! :alice:
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:21 pm

As has already been said the summer is packed with festival shows so the earliest a new tour would be able to happen would be the start of winter, which is usually the time that Alice come's over to the uk with what could easily be with a big W2MN show, the only thing being that the imputus would have run out and it would also put back any new album, although perhaps it could be a joint album thing or perhaps......oh who knows??

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Alice has been pretty adamant in interviews, etc. about having a W2MN show (moreso than in years past when he's talked about a proper tour for an album) I believe it's just a question of when is all now. It'll happen when it happens is all I can say, better late than never.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

>only thing being that the imputus would have run out

Which "imputus" are you referring to?

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 pm

I wouldn't worry about Alice being imputus since they have pills for that nowadays.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:37 pm

lol devon I like it, dont know what pills your talking about but i'm sure they are blue. Andy the imputus I am talking about is that built up by all the publicity surrounding the Hall of fame induction followed by Alice's most successful album in decades, and then taking a year to get round to touring the album (if that does happen at the end of the year). I realise that the whole industry has changed dramatically but surely it is still not that far removed from the days when you toured to support your current album. When Constrictor came out they announced the album and tour on the same day. Is that enough 'imputus'??

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 pm

I sure hope Alice has the impetus to take care of his imputus....especially if it is the virulent Chinese imputus that is going around.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 am

I met Alice backstage at Halloween 2010, having won VIP tickets through his site. I knew I only had one question for him, so I asked if he had any plans to bring back the Magic Screen.

His answer was "See me on the next tour."

That was Halloween 2011, but no screen. That, of course, wasn't an album tour though.

I love Alice, and trust he didn't lie to me. So I eagerly anticipate a W2MN tour that is everything I hope for and more.
:)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:14 am

jram wrote:I knew I only had one question for him, so I asked if he had any plans to bring back the Magic Screen.

His answer was "See me on the next tour."
Are you sure he heard your question?

:laugh:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:54 am

jram wrote:
I love Alice, and trust he didn't lie to me. So I eagerly anticipate a W2MN tour that is everything I hope for and more.
:)
Alice just says what he thinks the person he's talking to wants to hear. Some call it lying but it's only lying in the sense that it's not the truth.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 am

>but surely it is still not that far removed from the days when you toured to support your current album.

Actually, the situation now happens to be totally different.

>When Constrictor came out they announced the album and tour on the same day. Is that enough 'imputus'??

No. The record industry is totally different now, compared to the period you are referring to.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:14 am

>Alice just says what he thinks the person he's talking to wants to hear.

Not always, though.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:16 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Alice just says what he thinks the person he's talking to wants to hear.

Not always, though.
of course not always - but enough so that anyone wanting accurate information on "Alice" should pay as much attention to an AC interview as a music fan should pay attention to an AC album post TLT. That is to say, better left ignored.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: Alice just says what he thinks the person he's talking to wants to hear. Some call it lying but it's only lying in the sense that it's not the truth.
I think people should keep that in mind, not only listening to Alice, but listening to other celebrities as well.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Not always, though.[/quote]
anyone wanting accurate information on "Alice" should pay as much attention to an AC interview as a music fan should pay attention to an AC album post TLT. That is to say, better left ignored.[/quote]

I completely disagree. Though I think TLT was a very good album, production wise I feel it lacked the "edge" and power those songs should (and could) have had. IMHO Brutal Planet was excellent and the majority of the songs on W2MN I think rank with the best Alice has done since WTMN. In my opinion, Bob Ezrin´s work on W2MN makes it the best produced Alice album since the 70´s. I hope he continues his work with Alice, as they seem to bring out the best in each other.