Steve Hunter

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Steve Hunter

Post by recoop » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Athough disappointed Steve is leaving..I was just pleased I got to see him at Manchester this year...never seen live before then so that memory will stay with me..fantastic guitarist..just want to say thanks for his latest contribution to AC and wish him luck for the future
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Re: Steve Hunter

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Hope this is not the 'major announcement'.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm

in terms of his contribution to Alice Cooper's great works and live performances, he along with Mike, Glen and Dick Wagner are the most important.

The next on that list is Kane Roberts and I would love to see him back in the band
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:45 am

What I miss most is the sound if dennis and neal. It makes the alice cooper sound recognizable.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 am

I will miss him too, it was a privilege to get to see a guitarist of his calibre live, and I hope it won't be the last time.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 am

Sarah wrote:I will miss him too, it was a privilege to get to see a guitarist of his calibre live, and I hope it won't be the last time.
I agree. I was sad to see his announcement.
It's just the little things...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 am

I guess this can pretty much put to rest a "mini-reunion" as Steve was the perfect guitarist for that setup. I can't imagine he'd announce "he's leaving" on the verge of that if he were a part of it.

Of course I could be totally wrong as this is nothing but conjecture by me.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 am

"in terms of his contribution to Alice Cooper's great works and live performances, he along with Mike, Glen and Dick Wagner are the most important."

While I would never discount the contributions of those listed, what made the original band sound unique and superior, even to Hunter/Wagner era, were the musical contributions of Dennis & Neal. What they lacked in songwriting contributions, they more then excelled in via their musical approach to so many of the tunes.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 am

ThePainAddict wrote:"in terms of his contribution to Alice Cooper's great works and live performances, he along with Mike, Glen and Dick Wagner are the most important."

While I would never discount the contributions of those listed, what made the original band sound unique and superior, even to Hunter/Wagner era, were the musical contributions of Dennis & Neal. What they lacked in songwriting contributions, they more then excelled in via their musical approach to so many of the tunes.
i was talking guitarists and Steve Hunter is all over the Billion Dollar Babies album the original bands most successful album and one of the reasons it is so great is Steve's contribution.

Hello Horray solo
Raped and Freezing second 8 bars in main solo
Billion Dollar Babies second 4 bars in main solo and all of the outro solo
Generation Landslide solo
Sickthings solo

then there is what he did after the original band split up the guy is a legend
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:41 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I guess this can pretty much put to rest a "mini-reunion" as Steve was the perfect guitarist for that setup. I can't imagine he'd announce "he's leaving" on the verge of that if he were a part of it.

Of course I could be totally wrong as this is nothing but conjecture by me.
I was thinking the same thing myself though it could happen no one is irreplaceable and the show must go on.

Alice, Dennis, Neal, Michael and ?

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:50 am

Rockin'Reggie Vincent?

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:51 am

Mick Masbir? He was phenomenal,too.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:16 am

yes both great but don't think it could be Reggie or Mick and an ACG tour if it happened would be more likely to happen next year with the commitments of current Alice gigs you could see an album with Alice, Neal, Dennis and Mike with Steve Hunter with a tour to follow 2013, Steve won't tour with Alice this year that still leaves recording and next year a possibility.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah, i was kinda gutted with this news, not looking good for an Alice Cooper Group project now

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Maybe the "Big Announcement" is related to Steve leaving. Maybe we will see the return of Keri Kelli and or Ryan Roxie to the band. I wonder what the status of Orianthi with the touring band will be ? I thought it was just for the last tour. I would love to see her stick around. I personally hope Alice sticks with the three guitar attack. It really added some kick to the songs.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

So....a guitar players is needed.

Might I suggest picking: Michael Bruce or Richie Scarlet or Ingo (DIMMA)or Mick Mashbir. Pick two if you'd like.

:clap:

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:25 am

His fantastic solo on "I Am Made Of You" is what i call the "highlight" of his last contribution to Alice's career.Hope he comes back in the
next album :8):

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:59 am

Holly Grail wrote:His fantastic solo on "I Am Made Of You" is what i call the "highlight" of his last contribution to Alice's career.Hope he comes back in the
next album :8):
Agreed!

This is not very welcomed news, that's for sure.

I am so happy to have had the chance to see him play live.

I also was quite fortunate to meet him and talk awhile after a couple of the New Jersey gigs last year.

A great guitar player and a great and humble person.

I know I've posted this before, but if you haven't picked up his 2 recent instrumental CDs, you owe it to yourself to do so.

Cheers to Steve for his important contributions to the Alice Cooper story.

~RGLT
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:18 am

GNDM wrote:So....a guitar players is needed.
Not exactly "needed" since the band has had "only" 2 guitar players for quite some time before Steve, Tommy and Ori...

I really hope Ori will quit the band as well and that we get Ryan or Keri back...

I will miss Steve though, he's an amazing guitar player and I'm glad I had the opportunity to see him on stage!
The sanest days are mad.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Lisacooper91 wrote:
GNDM wrote:So....a guitar players is needed.
Not exactly "needed" since the band has had "only" 2 guitar players for quite some time before Steve, Tommy and Ori...

I really hope Ori will quit the band as well and that we get Ryan or Keri back...

I will miss Steve though, he's an amazing guitar player and I'm glad I had the opportunity to see him on stage!
poor Orianthi what has she done wrong?

I know a lot of the ladies like the good looking boys to drool over and have their pictures taken etc... but Orianthi is as good a player as the 2 guitarists you mentioned and I dig their playing but what about female solidarity? I expect misogyny from some men threatened by someone as talented as Miss Panagaris but women?

Of course they all still have a long way to go to achieve the legendary status of Steve Hunter but we are talking one of the all time greats that Alice was lucky enough to have employed just as his peers Lou Reed & Peter Gabriel will tell you