Neal Smith VIDEO "SQUEEZE LIKE A PYTHON"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Neal Smith VIDEO "SQUEEZE LIKE A PYTHON"

Post by steven15322 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:16 am

Neal Smith "Killsmith Two" Album Releases music video "Squeeze Like A Python" Heres the link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO22Ttr_ ... r_embedded
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Neal Smith VIDEO "SQUEEZE LIKE A PYTHON"

Post by recoop » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 pm

I enjoyed that/cooperesque...didnt know Neal was hitting the guitar as well as drums..power chord heaven and some risque vid moments...pretty good...very rock vid seems cliched to me now but I liked it :rock:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Big fan of Neal Smith. As a drumer. He is no vocalist IMO. Secondly that video is a bit creepy in all the wrong ways. Watching a guy in his sixties trying to score with a chic more than half his age is just sad.

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:10 pm

revinkevin wrote:Big fan of Neal Smith. As a drumer. He is no vocalist IMO. Secondly that video is a bit creepy in all the wrong ways. Watching a guy in his sixties trying to score with a chic more than half his age is just sad.
Great song! I like the video. I like the song, the music and the red atmosphere, and it's very esthétique. The girl is just gorgeous. What did you expect, Revinkevin, 90 years old Betty White? :rotfl:
This is rock. And it's the same thing in pop music and blues, for both females and males singers. It's music.
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:56 am

revinkevin wrote:Big fan of Neal Smith. As a drumer. He is no vocalist IMO. Secondly that video is a bit creepy in all the wrong ways. Watching a guy in his sixties trying to score with a chic more than half his age is just sad.
And by the way, Revinkevin, you missed the k in chick.
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

But I did not miss the fact that Neal can't sing.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 pm

My honest critique on that song would be.... it's way too long, the vocals are ropey, the guitars are pretty good, the production comes across as more of a 'demo' rather than an official release.

Better than what I heard off the first album, but not something i'll rush out to buy.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Had another listen..I reckon Alice could remake this(would rework lyrics).. can't see him doing quite the same video...re rock videos..lots of them show older rock stars attracting 20 odd yr old women..see poison video..its all fantasy except that aging rock stars can probably attract 20 odd year old women...I don't reckon the singing is that bad..a bit nick cave imo and the lead guitar after 5mins seems good to me..a bit AC groupish unsurprisingly

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 pm

>lots of them show older rock stars attracting 20 odd yr >old women..see poison video..

That isn't what happens.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Oh dear, the Lyrics are very 'Spinal tap', singing is very ropey, but I do like the Heavy rythm section to it.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:50 pm

I agree with you dadascot re spinal tap lyrical likeness..its a cult classic which I was trying to remember the name of when I was referring to cliche..

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Neal Smith aside from being one of the greatest drummers to pick up a set of sticks (Billion Dollar Babies is the greatest rock drum pattern of all time) is also a really good songwriter, he wrote Hallowed Be My Name and Alma Mater (which has a tasty chord progression) and collaborated with Alice Cooper to write one of the bands best but underated anthems Teenage Lament 74.

This Killsmith song is a bit cock rock but the fact that his song I'll Bite Your Face Off given the Alice treatment was the best Alice single for decades, tells us he has still got something to offer as a writer even if this one isn't a classic, though an Alice vocal and lyrical twist would make it sound pretty good. 
Nice guitar solo, as for the video and older guys and younger women is par for the course in rock music, Steven Tyler looks better than many guys half his age and the ladies still seem to love him!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:00 pm

>This Killsmith song is a bit cock rock but the fact that his song I'll Bite Your Face Off given the Alice treatment

That isn't quite accurate. That composition is based on a composition called "Evil Voodoo Moon".

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>This Killsmith song is a bit cock rock but the fact that his song I'll Bite Your Face Off given the Alice treatment

That isn't quite accurate. That composition is based on a composition called "Evil Voodoo Moon".
sure but shows he can write good stuff especially with the Alice influence.

He is a very musical drummer to be able to come up with Hallowed Be My Name and Alma Mater is quite something and I always felt his drum patterns were catchy Billion Dollar Babies being a case in point.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:27 pm

>sure but shows he can write good stuff especially with the Alice influence.

There was no actual collaboration though in the composing of the song and don't forget the contributions of Bob Ezrin and Tommy Henriksen to it also.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>sure but shows he can write good stuff especially with the Alice influence.

There was no actual collaboration though in the composing of the song and don't forget the contributions of Bob Ezrin and Tommy Henriksen to it also.
agreed but the germ of the song was there from Neal Smith even though Alice, Bob and Tommy added to, changed and reworked Evil Voodoo Moon, though I take your point.

I think when Alice & Bob take something and mould it you get magic, Hello Hooray for example though Rolf Kempf's song even when Judy Collins recorded it, sounds very different to the Alice Cooper treatment.

http://mp3combo.truelife.com/player/son ... 5823025654

MacGyver
Trash
Trash

Post by MacGyver » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I love Neal!

That said... yikes.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:18 am

steven_crayn wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>sure but shows he can write good stuff especially with the Alice influence.

There was no actual collaboration though in the composing of the song and don't forget the contributions of Bob Ezrin and ITommy Henriksen to it also.
agreed but the germ of the song was there from Neal Smith even though Alice, Bob and Tommy added to, changed and reworked Evil Voodoo Moon, though I take your point.

I think when Alice & Bob take something and mould it you get magic, Hello Hooray for example though Rolf Kempf's song even when Judy Collins recorded it, sounds very different to the Alice Cooper treatment.

http://mp3combo.truelife.com/player/son ... 5823025654
interesting how a song can sound in its original form, I think Rolf Kempf came up with something special here, even though nothing compares with Alice Cooper's reworking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FLEvosGeHA&sns=em

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 pm

That was the first time ive heard the orig version..ta..I did hear an upbeat Rolf Kempf version not long ago but it wasnt the original..AC long version is my favorite track of all time..power of the voice..."god I feel so strong" and the middle floaty guitar...fantastic..and the original was very good..somewhere on the web can be found Rolf's comments re AC alterations..favourable..even the photo was gr8..usually too dark to see...and Alice could make something good out of Neal's song imo

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 pm

I have not cringed like that in a good while.

Sounds like a basic heavy metal band with the vocalist that is trying hard to sound Gene Simmons/Alice Cooper but sounding forced and corny! And the video??? There is something VERY uncomfortable about a 65 (this year) year old man (a pensioner!) gratuitously groping and fondling a 20 year old woman - VERY uncomfortable indeed - but this is Mr Rock and Roll.
Billion Dollar Babies is the greatest rock drum pattern of all time
In YOUR opinion! Please don't make statements of 'fact' like that, it sounds silly.