Clever Lyrics

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

teenagefrankenstein666
Trash
Trash

Clever Lyrics

Post by teenagefrankenstein666 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 am

Hey everyone, I was just listening to Steal That Car off of Dirty Diamonds yesterday. I noticed the line, "I did some time in 99" and I realized I think he may have been referring to the cover art for the 1999 Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper box set. I find that pretty damn cool. Alice and his clever lyrics. :alice:

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Clever Lyrics

Post by James1981 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 am

I think the great thing about a lot of Alices lyrics is that they are open to so many different itrepritations. Take for instance I am made of you. Ask 5 different people what it is about and you will get 5 different answers.
Boomshanka

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 am

You ain't no Hepburn and I ain't no Fonda but if you were drowin' on Golden Ponda...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 am

I know one of Alice's favourites which he talked about in a radio interview (either Richard Skinner or Tommy Vance early 80s) were these lines on Asprin Damage

I went to see the doctor
He walked me down the hall
Said "Strip down 'til you're naked
Your suit, your tie and all."

the play on words with the drug Tylenol he didn't think anyone would get on hearing.

clever guy that Cooper
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:11 pm

"We can't even think of a word that rhymes" is the BEST pop/Rock lyric EVER written!!!
:clap:
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:34 pm

DaveJay wrote:"We can't even think of a word that rhymes" is the BEST pop/Rock lyric EVER written!!!
:clap:
totally agree

on a seperate note Dave I responded to one of your posts last year which you may have missed and was curious as you are based near Liverpool if you had ever heard of Rick Dane I used to listen to the Liverpool stations when I lived in North West
steven_crayn wrote:
DaveJay wrote:....ahem ...for what it's worth.... I remember the song being played on local Liverpool UK radio one evening by the late, GREAT Phil Easton, whenI was babysitting for a neighbour (with a "lady" aqauintance)...she didn't believe me when I told her it was Alice singing/drawling( she knew I was an Alice Fan though...)...a few hours later, another DJ played Dr.Hooks " A little bit more"...but that's another story.....
R.I.P Phil, an Alice -trooper, and also a Brilliant Radio DJ....
I never knew Phil had passed away, when I lived in the North West he was on Radio City top DJ.
You must be familiar with another great Rock jock from Liverpool who also sadly is no longer with us, Rick Dane when he was on the pirate station from Liverpool, Radio Jackie North he played Halo Of Flies for me still got the tape and met him (really great bloke) when they did the rock night at Annabels night club in the Tuebrook area of that great city.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Steven, apologies for "Missing" that!!! sorry, but I don't really know of Rick Dane...Phil Easton had a rock-show on Radio city for quite a few years, and I recall him playing a fair bit of Alice's music...I remember "Annabels" club though!!
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:28 pm

One of my fav's of his lyrics..

"She popped the buckle on my bible belt"

BRILLIANT!!

Danny :alice:
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 am

Most of my favorite lyrics are part of a full stanza, or at least of couple of lines, for instance, I believe the line from SO is even better in full context. However, a favorite single line Alice sneer is "back off preacher, I don't care if it's Sunday"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:58 am

DaveJay wrote:Hi Steven, apologies for "Missing" that!!! sorry, but I don't really know of Rick Dane...Phil Easton had a rock-show on Radio city for quite a few years, and I recall him playing a fair bit of Alice's music...I remember "Annabels" club though!!

Cheers Dave, Phil was a great DJ as was Rick both sadly missed nice tribute to Rick who was one of the most genuine blokes you could ever meet who played a Alice Cooper when other stations weren't

http://www.conceptnews.org/rickdane/

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:44 am

"If I'm too rough, tell me, I'm so scared your little head will come off in my hands." "I got a job in Atlanta in a mall playing Santa." Probably the only time in the history of the world that a human being rhymed "Atlanta" with "Santa". The guy is priceless.