Maybe no W2MN??

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Maybe no W2MN??

Post by cherrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Well maybe not this year anyway.......I swear I heard him say something last night on NWAC about doing lots of touring this year but maybe not W2MN, which would have to be a special show.......or something. Off to listen to catch up now..... ::((: ::((:
Last edited by cherrypie on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Re: Maybe no W2MN??

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Oh !! :blush: I'm sure he won't dissapoint us , but ... OHH !!

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Ok found it. At about 00.27, he says, 'Counting down the minutes until I hit the road again in 2012. I don't know what the show's gonna be yet, I don't think it's going to be the W2MN show yet, cos that's gonna have to be it's own big big show...' :clap: :clap:

Discuss.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:04 pm

A W2MN show in 2013 would make no sense :/
I still hope for a few big shows worldwide. But my hope is more wishfull thinking as such a tour will be very expensive and they will never get back the money they put in.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:42 pm

I really, really thought 2012 was going to be the year of the W2MN tour... Just like mestreech said, a W2MN show in 2013 wouldn't make sense. Touring is supposed to sort of promote the new album, right..? Oh well, I hope he'll be playing at least some new songs at the new tour, whether it's called the W2MN tour or something else.
The sanest days are mad.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Me too, Lisa. And, no, next year wouldn't make any sense. Let's hope he was just musing and will include some elements of W2MN in the next tour.....
Can't believe he won't do 'I am Made of You' :(

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 pm

deleted

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:06 pm

How depressing...I went through this same disappointment before when it was originally going to be the ACAS tour and even though it transformed into the awesome Theatre of Death tour, still, an actual ACAS would have been phenomenal...now the biggest album in decades for Alice and he may not even tour with it this year? I know he wants to make it an epic tour...why doesn't he start doing all the legwork now and just not tour until the fall...then the production should hopefully be done and ready to unleash on the world...please Alice don't make us wait until 2013 for this show...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:14 pm

In my opinion , W2MN show isn't necessary to be too expensive for him , i mean it doesn't need to include huge mechanisms , expensive equipment or "hollywood" tricks. All we need is just a GENIOUS , dark show from you Alice , including elements of the new album.
So, think of it! :8):

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:44 pm

disagree, i think W2MN should be as theatrical as its forerunner, or more so.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:10 pm

>How depressing...

Not at all. When will some of you here learn that just because Alice says in an interview that something is going to happen, it doesn't actually mean it is going to happen? Things are rarely set in stone and things change.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Well he looks like continuing the format of the shows for that last few years (decade) which is generally a greatest hits tour with one, maybe two songs off of the latest album. It's a shame because I think he could do with doing something radically different live, a whole new approach to the songs. I agree it doesn't need to be the big new mechanisms, it's more about shaking the song list up more, dropping some of the staple diet songs, reaching into the back catalogue for some slightly more obscure songs, playing larges segments off the new album. Nearly all the classic rock bands still touring play album tracks from years ago that weren't hits. At the theatre of death tour I had a friend coming along who hadn't heard much Alice, just wanted to come along for the experience. I told her that if she listened to greatest hits and ACAS she would know about 75% of the songs, of course she didn't need to listen to ACAS after all. To me, the hightlight of the last tour was the dusting down and playing 'clones' live again. And it worked.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>How depressing...

Not at all. When will some of you here learn that just because Alice says in an interview that something is going to happen, it doesn't actually mean it is going to happen? Things are rarely set in stone and things change.
I think that the fact that the summer is filled with pre-dominately festival type shows means that there wont be a W2MN tour until at least the autumn. Alice has stated that he prefers big, less subtle effects and heavier songs for the festival circuit. That would mean a W2MN tour starting late Autumn early winter which would be a full year after the albums realease.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: When will some of you here learn that just because Alice says in an interview that something is going to happen, it doesn't actually mean it is going to happen?
True that.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see! Being patient is just so hard sometimes ;)
The sanest days are mad.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>How depressing...

I know, I know, but I thought it worthy of discussion anyway. :grin:

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 am

Not really surprised that a W2MN tour probably is not going to happen. I have never heard one song from the album on regular radio or even Sirus XM radio. There was a lot of pre release hype but it seems it never translated to radio or album sales. And that is a shame. I am thinking to tour W2MN now would not translate into putting a lot of people into concert seats. Seems to matter little how good a new Alice Cooper album is, most people go to hear the songs from the 70's. If this is the case, I think I would prefer Alice to hook back up with the original band and do some concerts with them and hopefully try to record a new album with them. Looks like 2012 will be a rehash of what we have been getting for a lot of years now with maybe I'll bite your Face Off being played since that went over pretty well last year.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:00 am

I think they will still have a good tour. it just wont be on the scale of WTMN was. I can see it being something like No More Mr Nice Guy 2. Just include a good chunk of W2MN in it.

Pennypacker
Trash
Trash

Post by Pennypacker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:35 am

I doubt too that there will be a W2MN tour this year. And I'm fine with that. Perhaps the upcoming big news is that the original band is going to do a few gigs this year? Who knows. I just wish Alice would drop some songs off of his current set lists. Feed My Frankenstein is a great song but often played as a barebones version. It should be played as it was on the record or not at all IMO. Same with Poison. I understand it's a tough one to play live but it hasn't sounded good in many years. They should do some changes to it or maybe replace it with House of Fire, a song which Alice played..was it during DD tour..2005? It sounded much much better. It's also a pretty known one. What I guess I'm trying to say is that I wish Alice could at least do a few special shows just for us fans. I'd love to hear something from The Last Temptation, Trash, Hey Stoopid and even Raise Your Fist and Yell. I think each of those albums have songs that would sound great today. Hey Stoopid and Clones were both great surprises from Alice but we need more. :clap:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 am

>Frankenstein is a great song but often played as a barebones version.

What do you mean?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 pm

This is by no means definitive, but the Fraze Pavilion (Dayton, OH) site calls this "No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour 2012".

http://www.fraze.com/alice-cooper/

Hunter