Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 am

I'm not sure of the format of this show these days, but it used to be a case of picking three major dislikes in life. Now, for Cooper I suspect it will be needles and disco, but what could be the other??

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Re: 101

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 am

In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 am

Now that would make a great horror film. Staring Alice in the title role. They come to life and seek blood.

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 pm

If you were referring to the balloon animals you could add something to the title: They come to life and seek blood and fear nothing more than a needle - just like our favourite rocker :rotfl:
In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Indeed, it would be that perfect level of cheesy horror Alice likes.
Get Rob Zombie to direct

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 am

Does anyone know when it was filmed?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 am

when he was here last year.

loved the fact he put 'nobody' into room 101 ie those reality TV 'stars' famous for doing nothing.

they should be put through a blender!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Were you in the audience Steven? Wish I'd been there
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks Steven, I suspected that was the case!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:19 am

no I wasn't there Penny.

I like the new format to the show, Paul Merton was great but Frank Skinner does a fine job too.

I've read the Ozzy biography which is great but I'm looking forward to also hearing it read by Frank Skinner on this 3CD set someone got me at Xmas.

Now who should narrate an Alice biog?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:30 am

Alan Rickman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 am

good call, Jack Nicholson would be good too

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Dick Wagner

I would really like to see an indepth look into Alice Cooper. Golf Monster was good but I think If one where to gather all the information a very good bio could be done. Maybe sickthings Andy could create a very good bio.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm

>Now who should narrate an Alice biog?

Of course, he's already done that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 pm

>Maybe sickthings Andy could create a very good bio.

You are too kind and there was a discussion on this fairly recently in of the previous threads. Also, it was announced on Amazon recently that a book was being prepared, but I don't know if that has any kind of official status.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 am

loved the fact he put 'nobody' into room 101 ie those reality TV 'stars' famous for doing nothing.
Whilst I agree that we make 'stars' out of any old body in our 'quick fix' society for people into material gains and short-cuts around hard and genuine work; I do think that many celebs often just got lucky themselves (particularly within popular music!!) and then get ridiculously idolised (again, by people lacking a little in their lives) and elevated to 'God-like' status.

Some of them need to remember this when they start telling us how good they are!!

Whilst I didn't/don't agree with the chap in the middle ("biologist") about man groaning his way to hominid from ape to human by blind chance (paradigm paralysis) and the need to eat, I do concur with his sentiment of sticking mankind in the 'bin'!!!!

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Gunner wrote:
Whilst I didn't/don't agree with the chap in the middle ("biologist") about man groaning his way to hominid from ape to human by blind chance (paradigm paralysis) and the need to eat, I do concur with his sentiment of sticking mankind in the 'bin'!!!!
How about children's art? :)

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:53 pm

How about children's art?
Ha, I know where he was coming from, but when your little angels present you with stuff that they did specially for you,it's hard to chuck it out......I always used to put them all on top of the last one, that way they'd never notice when you threw em out :evil:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Gunner wrote:
Whilst I agree that we make 'stars' out of any old body in our 'quick fix' society for people into material gains and short-cuts around hard and genuine work; I do think that many celebs often just got lucky themselves (particularly within popular music!!) and then get ridiculously idolised (again, by people lacking a little in their lives) and elevated to 'God-like' status.

Some of them need to remember this when they start telling us how good they are!!

A lot of those that became legends in the 60s & 70s were really good though and there is no comparison between what they achieved to some airhead on a reality show thinking she is going to to be taken seriously other than by the brain dead that think some nobody on the only way is Essex is a star.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Now who should narrate an Alice biog?

Of course, he's already done that.
sure narrating Golf Monster but would love to see a new biog not Golf orientated ( though I did enjoy it) with a narration by someone that isn't Alice.

It's been a while since I read the Ozzy biog so looking forward to playing Frank Skinners narration as I'm sure I'll get another slant on the book which had me in stitches on reading the hardback.

Talking of books and Alice, despite having the text for over a decade i gave in a couple of years ago despite all the bad things said about it that put me off reading Bob Greene's book and read it and have to say it was more enjoyable than Me Alice and Golf Monster I think because it captures my favourites era.