Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: "A Big Announcement to Come in a Few Weeks"

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:52 am

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I'm considering going to one of these shows.... i could do with getting away from England for a few days for various reasons.

Having never been to the USA or Canada, can anyone recommend which show/city i should look at going to? Any advice would be great

xx
Dan if you flew to Newark, New Jersey for the show on July 2nd you are only a cab ride away from the Big Apple where there is so much to see and could stay there for the July 4th celebrations.

Go for it!
If you do end up going to the Prudential show in Newark, be sure to get floor or lower level seats.

It is a hockey arena and the sound in the upper level is simply terrible.

Steven is right, NYC is a great place to be around the 4th. (Not to mention, there should be other bands to catch in and around NYC around then).

Also, it would great to meet up before or after the show with some fellow Sickthings.

~Peace, Love, Coop,

RGLT :8):
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:37 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I think FrankenAlice and Eddie should battle between sets.
:rotfl:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 pm

I might have to slightly re-think my plans as the other love of my life (Faith No More) are now playing the UK Sonisphere festival the same time as i would be in Chicago.

So.... I reckon Toronto will have the pleasure of my company in July!

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello all, its been awhile...

So the big announcement was in fact the Maiden tour?

Just trying to confirm, thanks

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Parish wrote:Hello all, its been awhile...

I believe so :(

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 pm

mestreech wrote:
Parish wrote:Hello all, its been awhile...

I believe so :(
Guess your right, bummer, that's a major disapointment.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Not so much a major disappointment as it is ( I think ) not what the majority expected.

I've seen Alice a few times in an opening slot capacity and as great as he always is its always been a run and gun hits show for an hour or so.

But compared to almost anyone out there that still tops any bill!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 am

I think for Alice fans this was a huge disappointment. It means a shorter show, more people to compete for the best seats. Larger venues which often mean more time and expense in parking and lines. Also, many of us are still, somewhat unrealistically, hoping for some reunuion shows.

However, from an AC perspective, this is big news. Although an opening slot, Alice will still get a relatively long set and larger stage space. He will be seen by many more people than a regular tour. Larger audiences means the opportunity to sell more swag and push his catalog sells (although, I don't see it doing much for W2MN).

Hopefully this will enable him to continue doing the intimate shows for his dedicated fans and keep the low ticket prices.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 am

talk about deception-we all had visions of something like an original band reunion,new album news,w2mn tour,or even steve's replacement...but the fact that he's opening for a band that hasn't come close to the career he's had is the big news? that's a huge let down,almost a slap in the face. why is he opening for them? have they had the hits or albums sold that coop has? are they in the hall of fame? I can't think of anyone citing them like people do alice for influence. stinks.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 am

"talk about deception-we all had visions of something like an original band reunion,new album news,w2mn tour,or even steve's replacement..."

And all of those could still happen.

"but the fact that he's opening for a band that hasn't come close to the career he's had is the big news?"

I'm a much larger AC fan than Maiden, but....

"have they had the hits or albums sold that coop has?"

More hits? They have gold and Platinum album left and right all over the world. The last few albums have been #1 albums around the world, and top 40 (and top 10) in the U.S. in the past decade. More albums sold? Reportedly.

Iron Maiden is a very big act and it's safe to say that they pull in bigger crowds than Alice these days (check out "Flight 666," which is produced by the same person who is working on the new documentary.")

Keep in mind that Alice is not merely an opener. The slot he has has quite a bit more thought than a mere opening act. His inclusion may have been at the insistence of the Maiden band members themselves, who, at least in Dickinson's case, is a big fan (having lent his vocal talents to a tribute album to Alice.) I also listened to a live radio interview a couple of years ago with Nikko who speaks very highly of Alice.

This is actually a pretty good deal I think, and not to mention that I think this is a great audience for Alice and Maiden to share.

"are they in the hall of fame?"

I wouldn't exactly use that as a measure of anything.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 am

Keep in mind that Alice is not merely an opener. The slot he has has quite a bit more thought than a mere opening act. His inclusion may have been at the insistence of the Maiden band members themselves, who, at least in Dickinson's case, is a big fan (having lent his vocal talents to a tribute album to Alice.) I also listened to a live radio interview a couple of years ago with Nikko who speaks very highly of Alice.
If I may....who will be the LAST act on stage during these concerts?
But hey...Alice Cooper use to open for bands like Savage Grace, Cat Mother and the All Night News Boys, and Frut. Movin' on up!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 am

I would guess a set of songs from Alice for an hour or so then the 90min show from Iron Maiden. Not sure if theres a closer.
Not a Big fan of Maiden so I may go to the Iowa show. even if it make me think of Wayne's World.

"Hey Look I'm in Iowa"

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 am

[quote="Devon"][u][i][b]"talk about deception-we all had visions of something like an original band reunion,new album news,w2mn tour,or even steve's replacement..."[/b][/i][/u]

And all of those could still happen.

But it's not the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

"but the fact that he's opening for a band that hasn't come close to the career he's had is the big news?"[/i][/b][/u]

I'm a much larger AC fan than Maiden, but....

[i][b][u]"have they had the hits or albums sold that coop has?"[/u][/b][/i]

More hits? They have gold and Platinum album left and right all over the world. The last few albums have been #1 albums around the world, and top 40 (and top 10) in the U.S. in the past decade. More albums sold? Reportedly.

Iron Maiden is a very big act and it's safe to say that they pull in bigger crowds than Alice these days (check out "Flight 666," which is produced by the same person who is working on the new documentary.")

This is actually a pretty good deal I think, and not to mention that I think this is a great audience for Alice and Maiden to share.

How is this a good deal when it's going to be a very cut down,bare bones show? that's called getting short changed. If he goes on first and it's at least an hour and a half,I'll buy it.

[i][b][u]"are they in the hall of fame?"[/u][/b][/i]

I wouldn't exactly use that as a measure of anything.[/quote]

well for 16-17 years on this board it sure was.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 am

[quote="GNDM"][quote]Keep in mind that Alice is not merely an opener. The slot he has has quite a bit more thought than a mere opening act. His inclusion may have been at the insistence of the Maiden band members themselves, who, at least in Dickinson's case, is a big fan (having lent his vocal talents to a tribute album to Alice.) I also listened to a live radio interview a couple of years ago with Nikko who speaks very highly of Alice.[/quote]

If I may....who will be the LAST act on stage during these concerts?
But hey...Alice Cooper use to open for bands like [i]Savage Grace[/i], [i]Cat Mother and the All Night News Boys[/i], and [i]Frut[/i]. Movin' on up![/quote]

Don't forget the amazing SPIDER!!!!

Atlemann
Trash
Trash

Post by Atlemann » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:30 am

When Alice opened for Iron Maiden in Norway last summer he only played 45 minutes. With low volume and a lots of lights on.. So disappointed...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 am

>talk about deception-

That's a silly thing to write. There was no "deception".

>we all had visions of something like an original band reunion,new album news,w2mn tour,or even steve's replacement..

Exactly. It was you who allowed your imagination to get carried away and no, "we" did not "all" have any expectations of the kind you described. Just because someone at www.alicecooper.com decided to use the phrase "big announcement" does not mean you had to start raising your own expectations.

>but the fact that he's opening for a band that hasn't come close to the career he's had is the big news?

Tell that to the promoter and the booking agent, as I think they would disagree with your assessment.

> that's a huge let down,almost a slap in the face. why is he opening for them?

I don't like that band either but if you really think they are less commercially succesful than Alice is, you're delusional.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 am

>well for 16-17 years on this board it sure was.

So you're saying that everything that happens as to have the approval of "this board" then.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 am

After Alice maiden are my next favourate band. If this tour had any uk dates for me personally I would consider it pretty damn big news. Look at the year us Alice fans had last year. The old school box set, W2MN, 3 songs by the ACG, the hall of fame, a massive tour, Steve Hunter back in the band. I think Alice deserves a break after all that. It's all want want want from some people.
Boomshanka

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 am

[quote="A_MichaelUK"]>well for 16-17 years on this board it sure was.

So you're saying that everything that happens as to have the approval of "this board" then.[/quote]

It doesn't have to have the approval,but I think collectively as one big voice when alice talked of his fans being more upset than him,I think we know we may being referenced here as *part* of that movement.
Then again,I'm talking with cooper fans that are now trying to convince me that iron maiden is bigger than alice cooper,which to me is like saying that oasis is bigger than the beatles. taking in to account influence,originality,durability,hits,name recognition, I don't think this bill should be set up like this. just an opinion, that's all,not worthy of putting intentions where you see fit.

and just for those promoters,here's some numbers my man

ALICE:
21 top 100 hits
11 top 40 hits
3 top 10 hits

MAIDEN
7 top 100
5 top 40
1 top 10

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Regardless of career sales numbers, it's a fact that Iron Maiden currently pulls in larger crowds than Alice does. So does Justin Bieber. That doesn't make Bieber better than Alice, it just means that at this point in their careers and in the current marketplace, Justin Bieber can sell more tickets than Alice can. Is it fair? No. But it is what it is. I'm sure this tour will be lucrative for both acts, or they wouldn't be doing it.

Hunter