"A Big Announcement to Come in a Few Weeks"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: "A Big Announcement to Come in a Few Weeks"

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:00 pm

mestreech wrote:I just checked the official website but I can't find any proof that the Maiden/Cooper tour was the big news.
While only time will tell if it was indeed the 'big announcement', me thinks so...

from the Nights with Alice Cooper Facebook:

BIG NEWS, MINIONS! Alice will be joining IRON MAIDEN on tour this summer, from June 21st - July 21st! Get yer tickets at ticketmaster.com, and stay tuned to Nights With Alice Cooper for more info! See you there!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Just curious....
Any of the members of Iron Maiden addicted to golf?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Nicko I believe

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Janick is addicted to dancing.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:01 pm

A quote from Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson....

'Every other musician I meet claims that golf saved their life. I'm of the Mark Twain school of thought that believes golf is a good walk spoiled. I'm actually thinking of getting an implant to prevent me from taking it up, in the same way that ex-smokers use nicotine patches.'

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:06 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I'm considering going to one of these shows.... i could do with getting away from England for a few days for various reasons.

Having never been to the USA or Canada, can anyone recommend which show/city i should look at going to? Any advice would be great

xx
Hi While Heaven Wept, it all depends for what you are looking for. In Canada, yes, Toronto, Niagara Falls, always a fun place to go. Québec, beautiful city, very French, romantic,if you'e coming with your significant other, lots of restaurants, terrasses, expensive. If you're looking for the nightlife, Montréal, if you're not afraid that a concrete slab falls on your head, the city is falling apart :laugh:. In the States, I would recommend Chicago, Atlanta and Boston. If you go to Boston, make sure to go to Salem, there's a train, connecting the two places. That's where I slept, when I went to Boston. Lots of witches and sorcerers, if you like that kind of stuff, which I love. Welcome to America!
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Greenie wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I'm considering going to one of these shows.... i could do with getting away from England for a few days for various reasons.

Having never been to the USA or Canada, can anyone recommend which show/city i should look at going to? Any advice would be great

xx
Hi While Heaven Wept, it all depends for what you are looking for. In Canada, yes, Toronto, Niagara Falls, always a fun place to go. Québec, beautiful city, very French, romantic,if you'e coming with your significant other, lots of restaurants, terrasses, expensive. If you're looking for the nightlife, Montréal, if you're not afraid that a concrete slab falls on your head, the city is falling apart :laugh:. In the States, I would recommend Chicago, Atlanta and Boston. If you go to Boston, make sure to go to Salem, there's a train, connecting the two places. That's where I slept, when I went to Boston. Lots of witchesand sorcerers, if you like that kind of stuff, which I love. Welcome to America!
Thankyou so much for taking the time to respond, its really helpful!

Toronto and Chicago sound fun, I might have to toss a coin!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:28 pm

homerx wrote:

xx
See them in Toronto rent a car and follow them south. check out niagara falls and the CN tower.

I may drive to Iowa for steam boat days large outdoor stage. pricy though. could make a good week end
Good advice, thankyou!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:31 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
homerx wrote:

xx
See them in Toronto rent a car and follow them south. check out niagara falls and the CN tower.

I may drive to Iowa for steam boat days large outdoor stage. pricy though. could make a good week end
Good advice, thankyou!

And the hockey hall of fame in Toronto!

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Greenie wrote:

xx
Hi While Heaven Wept, it all depends for what you are looking for. In Canada, yes, Toronto, Niagara Falls, always a fun place to go. Québec, beautiful city, very French, romantic,if you'e coming with your significant other, lots of restaurants, terrasses, expensive. If you're looking for the nightlife, Montréal, if you're not afraid that a concrete slab falls on your head, the city is falling apart :laugh:. In the States, I would recommend Chicago, Atlanta and Boston. If you go to Boston, make sure to go to Salem, there's a train, connecting the two places. That's where I slept, when I went to Boston. Lots of witchesand sorcerers, if you like that kind of stuff, which I love. Welcome to America!
Thankyou so much for taking the time to respond, its really helpful!

Toronto and Chicago sound fun, I might have to toss a coin!
Yeah, Toronto or Chicago, would be a great choice.
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:And the hockey hall of fame in Toronto!
A simple hall to some, Graceland to others.
:(
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:33 pm

not sure if this is the big news but for me its a bit like Chuck Berry supporting the Stones(Chuck being a major influence)..Alice is big enough/old enough/ugly nough? to decide what to do..more exposure etc..

from my memory, they owe him a special guest slot..in uk in 82 they took his guest spot on Tiswas when he was too ill to turn up(from my memory)...run to the hills was played...the rest was history or was the rest history..all good
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:38 am

GNDM wrote:Just curious....
Not famously addicted, but drummer Nicko McBrain and guitarist Dave Murray both play.

Pretty sure it's Flight 666 that has footage of them teeing off. Nicko also got hit on the wrist with a ball mid-tour, which is documented in the film.

Janick and Arry are big into football, Bruce is a fencer, and Adrian Smith goes fishing.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 am

I tossed a coin and...

...Chicago here I come!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:40 pm

jram wrote:
GNDM wrote:Just curious....
Not famously addicted, but drummer Nicko McBrain and guitarist Dave Murray both play.

Pretty sure it's Flight 666 that has footage of them teeing off. Nicko also got hit on the wrist with a ball mid-tour, which is documented in the film.

Janick and Arry are big into football, Bruce is a fencer, and Adrian Smith goes fishing.
I belive all the iron maiden guys like soccer. On their last tour here in brazil they actualy had a tshrit of eddie with a soccer ball.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:25 pm

I think FrankenAlice and Eddie should battle between sets.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 pm

xx
Dan if you flew to Newark, New Jersey for the show on July 2nd you are only a cab ride away from the Big Apple where there is so much to see and could stay there for the July 4th celebrations.

Go for it!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I tossed a coin and...

...Chicago here I come!
I just read your last post after i posted mine, the windy city is a good choice too have fun
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:16 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I think FrankenAlice and Eddie should battle between sets.
that would be a killer!! :clap:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:58 am

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I tossed a coin and...

...Chicago here I come!
I just read your last post after i posted mine, the windy city is a good choice too have fun
Thanks man, I need it after the past few weeks I've had!