What next?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: What next?

Post by dadascot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

cherrypie wrote:Please NOT Country and Western....
The ballad of Jessie Jane?? GNDM makes a good point of trying something different, a different direction. Not sure what that could be, perhaps some soul, reggae?? After all Zepplin did a little reggae, the stones have done soul. Nah can't see it, just some good old fashioned blues based rock, with that Alice twist, would make me a very happy man.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:43 am

andyrew wrote:Acas had potential to be a scary concept but it fell short with songs like in touch with your feminine side and killed by love.
ACAS had the potential to be good but fell short with songs like Tracks 1 through 11.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 pm

I think more about the 2012 tour line up, what songs from W2MN might be played, what songs from the past that could be added, and what the show will be like than I do about a new CD.

Anyone going to Montreal for a preview of any changes for 2012?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:51 pm

What preview?
The Montreal show is advertised as a one hour "greatest hits" set. I doubt much will be "previewed"

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Si my friend, every new year with Coop brings changes. Change usually makes some happy, others unhappy, but gives us sickthings something to discuss. Can't wait to see what 2012 brings us. :-)
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Greenie
Killer
Killer

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:12 am

Si wrote:What preview?
The Montreal show is advertised as a one hour "greatest hits" set. I doubt much will be "previewed"
I am so mad and sad, I will miss that show, as I am leaving tomorrow for a 2 weeks trip. It was booked and paid before I knew about the show. Looking forward for a WTMN 2 concert, this year.
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:10 am

Does any one know when Chuck started wearing a "Critter Tail"? Here is a photo from Cobb in December.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/G ... G_1039.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJbcRFY ... re=related
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 pm

recoop wrote: we haven't had a full album with orig line up plus Steve..so I would go for that..
we did have a taste of it on the Billion Dollar Babies album, Hello Hooray, Raped & Freezing, Billion Dollar Babies and Generation Landslide all showcased how well The Deacon just took those songs to another level with his guitar playing, even though some deluded folks on here didn't rate the guitar playing on that masterpiece ::((:
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 pm

GNDM makes a good point of trying something different, a different direction. Not sure what that could be, perhaps some soul, reggae??
I don't think the change particularly has to be a cross-over (or semi-crossover) into a different genre, style etc; he just needs to have some creativity and originality like he used to have (maybe it was the drink!!??). How many times do we have to experience a minor variation on the 70's shows and songs??? I mean, there was a time when you could put Bowie and Cooper 'together' in terms of originality and creativity - not since 1974/5! I accept that Alice is a certain 'character' but he has been 'pigeon-holed' something rotten over the last twenty years or so, to be something close to a self-parody and it mocks, be-littles, and undermines his 70's - early 80's work in my opinion. Even the new Nightmare thing - a bloody journey to hell AGAIN!!!!

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm

...Hi Gunner...If I may just interject a tad..Putting Bowie and Coop "Together" in such a context is not so outrageous after all....Coop MAY well carp on about Hell, but Ziggy hardly shuts the FU about Space -travel, does he???...Mr. Bowie hasn't released anything worthwhile for years, and, like it or hate it, at least Alice throws us fans something to chew on pretty regularly every now and then....I would however agree with the "Pigeon-hole" thing....for the last 2-4 albums, Alice has toured, and hardly a sniff of the newer material gets played live....and there are even BETTER songs in his 70's/80's/90's output that deserve a live performance, than some of the same ol' same ol' we have to tolerate...I mean, it's coming to something when a sub-standard track like "Clones" is resurrected, and becomes a show highlight!!( admittedly a Great album track...but "Pain" wipes the floor with it.....)
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

I think its just a good collaboration needed. Look at the hits all are a multi effort. Which I think they can do again

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm

I agree with just about everything deejay said, except clone's being sub-standard. would like something more than the greatest hits plus one or two new songs. The who did quadrophenia in it entirety with special guest appearnaces from billy idol amongst other. wouldn't it be great to have WTNM and 2 done that way.