I would love it
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Re: What next?

Post by guilty65 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Me too...But it will never happen. I think Alice tends to stay away from this era due to its content Just my opinion.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 am

>Me too...But it will never happen. I think Alice tends to stay away from this era due to its content Just my opinion.

If that's the case...then would you say he isn't going to do a really creepy album for his next one? Ever since Brutal Planet and Dragontown, Alice's albums haven't had much of a punch when it comes to evil twists and concepts. There have been the occasional creepy song here and there but there hasn't been a full out album of darkness in a while. I hope it happens soon cause i'm longing for a change in tone. That;s not to say I don't like albums like Dirty Diamonds or W2MN, I just think it;s time to change it up and deliver a really edgy, dark type of concept album

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 am

I think most albums have been a reflection of the era. the 80's albums are very 80's. Even Brutal Planet was as there were several hard and heavy bands about then as well.

I would love to see more done with Dick Wagner. Such a great book he wrote. it makes you wonder what DADA would have been like without the booze and drugs.

Of course the orginal band would be good as well. i think its just a matter of Alice slowing down long enough to work with them, Although I don't know if he could. I would Ask Alice if he had to not be Alice for 1 year what would he do?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:19 am

homerx wrote:I think most albums have been a reflection of the era. the 80's albums are very 80's. Even Brutal Planet was as there were several hard and heavy bands about then as well.

I would love to see more done with Dick Wagner. Such a great book he wrote. it makes you wonder what DADA would have been like without the booze and drugs.

Of course the orginal band would be good as well. i think its just a matter of Alice slowing down long enough to work with them, Although I don't know if he could. I would Ask Alice if he had to not be Alice for 1 year what would he do?

The booze and drugs probably made Da Da the mini masterpiece it is. Why does Alice need to slow down to work with Bruce/Dunaway/Smith?

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 am

Only in that to take the time to record and such. As he always has a busy tour going. Then again in the WB days of tour record tour record tour ....
the Albums were very good.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

andyrew wrote:>Me too...But it will never happen. I think Alice tends to stay away from this era due to its content Just my opinion.

If that's the case...then would you say he isn't going to do a really creepy album for his next one? Ever since Brutal Planet and Dragontown, Alice's albums haven't had much of a punch when it comes to evil twists and concepts. There have been the occasional creepy song here and there but there hasn't been a full out album of darkness in a while. I hope it happens soon cause i'm longing for a change in tone. That;s not to say I don't like albums like Dirty Diamonds or W2MN, I just think it;s time to change it up and deliver a really edgy, dark type of concept album
I thought ACAS was one very dark and scary release. Way over produced in the studio but IMO it would have translated very well live. Too bad the album was not more in tune with the video that was released.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Acas had potential to be a scary concept but it fell short with songs like in touch with your feminine side and killed by love. These kind of soft spots don't progress a dark storyline, even though I still liked the songs. Compared to ryfay...Acas is a lot more watered down with more direct humor rather than dark humor like ryfay

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 am

Totally agree will everyone here. "Raise" had that splatter feel to it and I wish he would do at least one more like that. Raise also didnt do that well as far as sales,( Not too sure about the figures...Andy surely would know) but it is to me a cult classic. That CD is in high regard in my house as far as one of his best.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:27 am

From freedom Til roses on white lace, ryfay is a a breath of evil fresh air with a nice hard rock edge 2 it. I know there won't be a sequel but a cool title would be raise our fists and yell. Maybe Alice could use the title to show the reunion with the band members? They could return to form with a killer veteran type horror hard rock story. Then again ryfay is more of a forgotten gem than a reunion type album.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:36 am

Might have to play a little Raise Vinyl, CD or Cassette

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 pm

>( Not too sure about the figures...Andy surely would know)

I don't have that information.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Ok I'm going completely off the original subject, but to me RYFAY is by far and away the WORST Alice album. I got it out again recently just to make sure I hadn't missed something, gave it another couple of spins and put it away again and I doubt it will be played for a very long time, but that is just my opinion and we are all entitled to them. I am hoping that the next album will have the power of killer and the insidious evil of Dada. I very much agree with more Wagner input, if his health improves.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 am

> Ok I'm going completely off the original subject, but to me RYFAY is by far and away the WORST Alice album. I got it out again recently just to make sure I hadn't missed something, gave it another couple of spins and put it away again and I doubt it will be played for a very long time, but that is just my opinion and we are all entitled to them. I am hoping that the next album will have the power of killer and the insidious evil of Dada. I very much agree with more Wagner input, if his health improves.

It all depends on what your favourite Alice era may be. That plays a huge factor in what you percieve as good and bad from Alice's discography. I think RYFAY was a great comeback album and return to form as a more agressive 80s album, esspecially since the flop of Constrictor...which I still don't mind listening to every now and then. If DaDa was relased after Constrictor, who knows what people would have thought considering the 80s was very hair/heavy meatalish. RYFAY is more direct and in your face where as Dada and Killer have more hidden messages/comedic dark tones to them that make them gems in their own right. But I don't think RYFAY is his worst album to date.

I would love Alice and the gang to make a Killer/DaDa hybrid though. That would be pretty awesome.

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 am

I know I am goign to take a lot of heat for this but, In my opinion....Alices "New wave" 80's years Were totally lost on me. I cant listen to any of it and I have really tried to give it many a spin. I guess its because I am front that really heavy...Slamming Hard Rock school. I guess thats why I likes RYFAY so much. I though Constrictor was really weak and very demo like. I bet it would have been better with better production. I guess we all have our like and dislikes...But i do like From the inside so go figure. :/

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 am

Zipper catches skin and Lace and whiskey are the least. Played for me.

Working on a Alice Marathon this month all albums and songs...

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm

I would like him to try and re-discover some real creativity and originality not seen or heard since 1980 - 1983!!

Contrictor plus has been pretty damn crass!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:04 pm

I've read he's always wanted re-discover the "forgotten" years. So that really could be interesting

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:49 pm

So the general consensus here is that Alice should try and re-do something he has already done? Sort of a nouveau-retro type of thing? I am a little surprised that so many think he is incapable of creating something new and original. Alice has re-invented himself many times. Maybe he has one more "change" in store?

Country-western? Showtunes? :x

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Please NOT Country and Western....
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com