Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: What does Alice Cooper mean to you?

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:04 pm

a religion?

it's like you get into music as a kid there was T.Rex and Slade with Jeepster & Look Wot You Dun and that was pretty damn good but then along comes this song called School's Out by some act called Alice Cooper it's on Top of the Pops it sounds like nothing on earth and he is looking mean in black ( you later find out that is also the name of the band) so you go out and get a paper round so you can buy the record and it goes to number 1 and later you starve all week at school so you can spend your dinner money on an album and collect rare tapes and listen and read every interview and when you are old enough you go to worship at the altar of the Alice Cooper concert and you do that for the rest of your life in between trying to understand why those songs were so great as you sit in your room with your guitar getting high on learning a Michael Bruce riff, GB, Steve Hunter or Dick Wagner solo and you know there is still nothing on earth like Alice Cooper group or solo and it influences your choice of career.

I guess it means a lot, a bit like your football team you can divorce your wife but your team and your favourite band are probably going to stay with you forever!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Well said Steven. That pretty much sums it up for me too.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:40 pm

I have tried many times to write a decent answer to this question but have found that i just cant put into words how much Alice means to me. A religion and a way of life :rock:
Boomshanka

Beetle
Trash
Trash

Post by Beetle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Dannorama wrote:

As a force, Alice Cooper is my strength and my humor. I use Cooper lines all the time in normal conversation, and they always work. I believe in rock and roll philosophy, and Alice is a great source. I tell that to myself, and I agree.

Overall, What Alice Cooper means to me is the thought that I'm not as crazy as I think I am
I completely agree with you

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:39 pm

one one hand i enjoy the funny tongue twisters , witty tunes and little poetic quips .

But on the other hand in my older years i have come to dislike other levels of the coop like the visual violence ect .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:35 pm

To me Alice is my crutch. I turn to him to make me feel better when Im angry or happy or even sick. I can find a song that fits my mood at anytime. Im so very proud of him for keepin the name going all these years. As Criss mentioned...I do tend to vere away from some of the early violence on stage. But I realize it is part of life. Alice the man has never let me down. In today's world to have a wonderful FULL family is an accomplishment in its self. He has done that very well. I'm so proud of his contributions to his community and the music industries. I love him for all the emotions he brings to my heart and will remain a fan for the rest of my life. :alice:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *