The Spanish Interview full translation & 2013 ACG and Ezrin?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

The Spanish Interview full translation & 2013 ACG and Ezrin?

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Saturday October 29: Halloween night has been brought forward in London. Dozens of zombies swarming around the majestic Alexandra Palace. Alice Cooper is determined to introduce this feature party-and so typically American (although its origin is from Ireland) - in the traditions of the United Kingdom. Usually, the months of October and November were sacred dates for the tours of Alice in the USA. He is a roving Halloween show, attend their concerts in the days before the night is a celebration and a preamble to the party where children and adults dress up in a terrifying

Last year we turned the tables and Alice decided to offer Halloween in London, acting for two consecutive days (31 October and 1 November) at the Roundhouse. To make the event more special, Alice moved to Hyde Park weeks before and did a casting for which there were hundreds of artists, fakirs, contortionists, apprentice magician, and so on. Artists novice, experienced, anything went. The chosen act early in the afternoon, giving way to Jim Rose Circus, which he completed, with Alice and Zodiac Mindwarp, a spectacle of the most unusual and diverse. A good night's Halloween without a doubt. The response to this event was so good that even the BBC raised the idea that Alice act every night of Halloween from now on. And it was. Alice again organized a casting and prepared another feast for the appointed day. Unfortunately, the choice of performers was not successful. Five different numbers, all featuring girls, each one more boring and foremost, uncreative. Fire, many fire flung about, others swallowed. What is the difference? The extravagance was parked in this area a century ago. Fire has many skills, but as the number has been completely outdated circus.

This year the guests were the New York Dolls. The differences between their show at the L'Hospitalet salamander last April and this are several: bassist has changed for good, now have the veteran Kenny Aaronson (Derringer, Stories, Bob Dylan, Brian Setzer, etc.). and this, together with the magnificent Earl Slick (David Bowie, Ian Hunter, John Lennon, etc), makes the band again have face and eyes. The other big difference is the duration of the concert, much shorter, and evidently, the space on stage. The huge enclosure Dolls work, because they are a good band, but something is lost on the road, and chemistry with the audience is non-existent. Súmenle at about three or four songs on the album Dancing Backward strange In High Heels, and the seven-minute improvisation on "Private World", which frankly, were much more exciting in Salamandra. The Johansen and Sylvain Dolls remain a cult band, and to start an enthusiastic audience reaction, they should attack with a bomb after another, based primarily on two songs from their original disks (the seventies).

Alice's band has suffered a setback since I saw him in Detroit last August. Damon Johnson is no longer part of the group and its place is a girl, Australian Orianthi (based on their credentials have been the guitarist for Michael Jackson during rehearsals before his death). His playing is extremely fast and technical, and remember me with a bittersweet taste some of the guitarists who passed through Alice's band during the nineties and late eighties. Fortunately, you as a counterpoint to the legendary Steve Hunter, who is all elegance and finesse. They are an odd couple but not squeak, which is something.

Returning to Orianthi is an attractive girl with some class on the stage and striking image is at least (that blonde hair loose fifties style is a great badge). But his way of walking across the stage chewing gum is, in my opinion, unnatural. Is missing the slender figure of Damon, "the loose Southern gentleman." Fortunately, the band is bassist Chuck Garric, who at this point is essential to understand the cohesion of it. And the other new kids, rhythm guitarist and drummer Tommy Henriksen Glen Sobel, bring freshness and excitement. Alice gave a proper show, very flat, smooth. He is just the opposite of other legendary artists, sometimes in large discrete spaces (London or New York type) and always exciting in secondary cities (as detail later, or as happened last year in his legendary concert Valladolid). The Stones had done just the opposite. The tour is essentially free of the theater, with the exception of four numbers (the giant Frankenstein is the most outstanding novelty), Alice is not really that hot. It's just singing and acting out the lyrics. A good concert theirs, but chaos. The repertoire for this tour, on the other hand, speaks for itself. Not that there's a variety of surprises or changes from the last six or seven years, but has recovered thanks to "Muscle Of Love", "Halo Of Flies," "Hey Stoopid", "(We're All) Clones "and" Brutal Planet ", not to mention the start with" Black Widow ". Until the new "I'll Bite Your Face Off" and fits like a glove between classical and classical-and here he enjoyed the singer himself, moving from one place to another with a leather jacket whose trellis could read "New Song "-. The best of the concert was still a surprise guest that appeared in the encores. "I can not imagine a Halloween night in London without the presence of this man: Arthur Brown," said Alice. And there was Arthur with his hat on fire, his face fully made up and with a huge desire to please the seven thousand attendees. Alice's gesture was nice, as if to say: "Hey, this is your time and thank you for starting this." Of a king of Shock Rock to a pioneer. Alice went back and let the whole show starring Arthur, and did not disappoint: he ran like a madman, he shouted, gestured and joked with the whole band, while attacking his best known song, "Fire". It was the best moment of the night only for this was worth attending the concert.

Saturday November 4 21 am: The occasion is very different from the previous week. I know that in England Alice enjoys incredible popularity, and his audience is always faithful and warm. Not surprisingly, I would say that 50 percent of its diehard fans are in Britain. However, I do not know what I find in Toulouse (France). Beforehand, the Zenith, one of the nine halls that are distributed throughout France with the same name, can accommodate nine thousand spectators and see that the stage is too close to the stands, so according to my calculations, not more than four thousand people. On the other hand, I recommend attending this room to anyone who wants to enjoy their favorite band. Toulouse falls relatively close to those in the northern Basque Country is going to Catalonia and the exhibition is simply extraordinary (sight, sound, comfort). Well, welcome the public is portentous. Lots of young people who obviously enjoy the metallic orientation of "Poison" and "Wicked Young Man '. And this time Orianthi strives to focus on the scenic qualities that are required for this type of show.

I am very well placed on the track and choose to position myself on the side of Steve Hunter. God is great link to see a slur after another, and it is beautiful it has returned to the band Alice. I did not since the tour of From The Inside, and have since spent 32 years. He pulls Classicism to the songs and not only that, he has made all the guitar solos on Welcome 2 My Nightmare (except in the two topics that do not touch) are memorable, imaginative, brilliant. Alice, against which the story of the show in London, is at 100 percent of their qualities. It shows warm, gestures again and again, he faces the audience, and most importantly, it skips the script many times, something that is appreciated. I love when he plays the third most disturbed of his character, Alice crazy, casual type, the energy of Detroit. Another strange madness: when it presents itself during the performance of "Elected", comments: "And here, playing the character of Alice Cooper tonight Monsieur Furnier." Ok, Vincent Furnier is the real name of Alice, but never directed himself as such. No one called Vincent Furnier, except his mother and Keith Richards, from 1973, when he changed his name legally. I guess that Alice will soon be the singer of a band ... Keep reading.

Saturday November 4, 16 Hours: I loved Welcome 2 My Nightmare, why should I deny it. I think it's the best I could do at this point in his career. A second part of Welcome To My Nightmare, on paper, it made little sense. The original Nightmare is an album icon, a masterpiece unlike any other disc not only of his time, if not the history of music. It's like Dark Side Of The Moon, Sargent Pepper, or Quadrophenia, is an album that transcends beyond mere music. Therefore, a comparison between this and that album is a real waste of time. W2MN is a record vintage, but also modern. The narrative is fun, enjoyable, with some notes of genius and others a little more discreet. But Alice plays different characters under different musical tapestries, and that moves like a fish in water. Spend the direct and uncompromising Rock ("Caffeine", "The Congregation") to jazz Manouche ("Last Man On Earth"), and this is facing the Hillbilly Talladega ("Runaway Train") which in turn collides with California surfing ("Ghouls Gone Wild"). And all this is a turning point in a near-perfect ballad ("Something To Remember Me By") and the star piece, "When Hell Comes Home", one of the three songs he has recorded with the Alice Cooper Group. I will not defend the issue disc, or collaboration with Kesha, but contrary to what I thought at first, "I Am Made Of You"-despite the horrible effect that Bob Ezrin has inserted his voice is a great start for album: cryptic, epic and bombastic.

There was interviewed by the publication of Alice album, so this visit to France was emerging as the ideal occasion. Although, what we're going to cheat, I wanted to take the time to re-ask the original band. And yes, I got just what I wanted to hear for years. (Alice turns to his assistant, after checking the size of our coffee) Do you think that will make real coffee in this hotel?

I think there is more caffeine here than in all U.S. cafes.

That is the son of a coffee. A coffee baby. I like the coffee lasts just over two minutes.

This is our last issue. (I teach the magazine with George Harrison on the cover. It brings out his prescription glasses and look at all the pages one by one).

Oh, Max's Kansas City ... Bebe Buell ... The nights here were tremendous. He was there literally every night. Then I started to collate the nights with Studio 54. Were practically the same people every night. People in the field of Warhol ... Everyone who was in town that night went to Max's, that was the site.

He spoke with Jayne County days ago on your first gig at Max's.

The first time the police showed up at the Max's was at our concert. We were asked to turn down the volume because they had received calls from neighbors complaining about the sound.

It's amazing that that happened in New York of the early seventies.

It's true. I could not believe it either.

I went to London last week to see the Halloween show. It was a good night.

Arthur Brown was fun.

I loved the way you acted, leaving center stage. It was a nice gesture.

Yeah. I stuck to the battery and enjoyed his performance. Arthur is an old friend, I know him since 1969. "Fire" is his only success, but he is unique and I think most people have forgotten about their work. So I called him and said, "Come, you must come and play the song. Maybe nobody knows, but my band sure knows her. " I made sure they did. And in fact my band knew better than yours. Arthur could not believe it. It was great having you on stage. And that's one of those songs ... It's a classic. (Singing) "I Am The God Of Hell Fire". I'm surprised nobody made a version of it.

Ozzy did it in his album of covers.

Yes? I'm glad, because it's really a great song. Orianthi and Steve Hunter rewrote the song and adapted it for the rest of the band, because the original issue is a large organ. Luckily now we have three guitarists in the band so we could cover that part.

How is the public reaction against Orianthi?

It's great. She is fantastic. When I started this band together and think about it ... I loved Steve Hunter, is a classical guitarist. It's like Eric Clapton, but American version. Everyone respects him. So did Damon Johnson. But Damon had the opportunity to join Thin Lizzy, not only as musician but as a partner, and I recommended him not to let lose the opportunity. "You will earn much more money than in my band, you'll have more security for your family." And then not have to work so many days a year, could be with his family more time than was on tour with me. So, I started thinking about other guitarists and I thought it might be Orianthi unique. She is one of the world's toughest guitar. It's an animal. It seems very sweet, but when he takes the guitar is like Joe Satriani or Steve Vai.

It is perhaps too flashy ...

It's flashy, but he can play rock & roll as well. I gave a couple of ideas to make his own, but I think he knows enough to play classic rock.

She breaks the rule of the last guitarists in the band. Most of them came from a more traditional hard rock.

It's very different. All of it makes it unique, because now we have two very different guitarists each other and do not want any of them done in rhythm, so we have to Tommy Henriksen. He sings with me and keeps the structure of the chords, and has no problem, he likes his job. On the other hand, we have battery Glen Sobel, who understands very well the concept of the show. It's amazing what he does with the sticks ... After each show everyone I asked who is this guy. It has never been a common question with the other drummers I've had, but he deserves the praise. And finally, Chuck, of course. It is the anchor of the band. It's a classic. I think with these guys I have a strong and powerful band.

Funny how the musicians either quit the band, exhausted by so many concerts. Yet you keep going, night after night, without being the least affected.

For me every concert is the first of the tour.

Ryan Roxie, twenty years younger than you, I said it was impossible to keep up.

Guess what? If Orianthi had not said yes, probably would have returned Ryan. He is great, never had any problems with Ryan. But having this girl in the band seemed like an opportunity to do something we had never done. She is so prodigious, that even makes this even more interesting.

It is the first girl in the history of Alice Cooper.

That's right. I've had a lot of girls on the show, acting on characters: Calico, Sheryl, Cindy Smith, Tiffany Lowe ... But a woman had never played an instrument in the band. This show is very theatrical, and there is exerting extra characters. This summer we had to do many shows with bands like Iron Maiden, Slayer, Slipknot band ... very hard, and I told myself I needed a very powerful band. So we added a third guitarist. Everyone expected that this tour was the Welcome 2 My Nightmare. The album's release coincided in the middle of this tour. So next year we will tour the disc.

This album is very different from the original.

It was conceived as a copy of it, I think everyone has seen the wrong idea. He never projected as a continuation of the first album.

Yes, but the disc has the same name.

Welcome TWO! My Nightmare. It's a second nightmare, and there may be third, fourth ... It's a nightmare completely different from the first. The only thing that connects is Bob Ezrin and myself writing the whole concept. Of course, Steve Hunter plays on both discs. But Neal (Smith), Dennis (Dunaway) and Mike (Bruce) never played in the original nightmare, so this is new. We have taken some piano pieces from the original disk and have moved to this work. But that's the only connection that you are getting. Look, you could you have a nightmare last week, and could be based on spiders and snakes. But if it happens again tonight so will be a different experience. And that's what the album is a whole different nightmare. I went to Bob and told him that the character would have to deal with a lot of new problems. So there is the disco song because it is a new situation, but in real life he hates disco. Other problems, a train can not fall, because it is a hundred and fifty miles per hour. The guy knows he can not sleep because you will have to face a new nightmare and it terrifies him. Then start taking caffeine, over and over again, but sleep loss and drops him in bed. Each song is like a new chapter because in dreams and nightmares ever there is a consistency, all are small details of four or five minutes. The character goes through different stories and all are frightening but Alice is not afraid of the monsters because he is a monster, so we had to confront each other and there appeared this diva, who plays the role of the devil. I called and told Kesha had to play the role of the devil on the album. Wine and wrote the song together. In real life she would never be the devil, but it is in this nightmare. The whole story is based on the character struggling with their own insecurities, his phobias and his own conscience. So towards the end should get up, stop this terrible story and someone says, "What part do not understand death? You have not caught anything, you're dead. " And he says, "Oh, no, this was just a nightmare, I'm sleeping." So in the end do not let the audience really knows if this is part of a nightmare or the character is really dead.

The idea that Patterson Hood wrote on the album was mine. I had to tell.

I did not.

Last summer (2010), when I heard you were writing this album, Hood talked to and asked if he wanted to write something for the album. He loved the idea and got in touch with Toby (Mamis). I guess later Ezrin got the message and ...

Bob knew him and said, "There is this song from the guy who sings in Drive-By Truckers. It is a great composer. Would you like to write something more with it? ". So I came up with this song and I felt fabulous, but we needed to harden a bit, because it was too Country. I told him I needed a bit of text twist, like a surgeon, for incorporation into the final context of the album. It's a great collaboration, but there are other great collaborations on the album. Like Dennis, Neal and Mike, who were my companions in the original band. I called them and told them: "Look, we play together in the Hall Of Fame ceremony. So, why not write some songs for my new album? ". Thus Neal and I did "I'll Bite Your Face Off." With Dennis did "Runaway Train" and Mike brought a song that dealt with a pederast. It was called "When Hell Comes Home" was another matter. I suggested changing it, talk about the abuse and mistreatment are a mother and her child. Is Hell? Arrives every time you open the door and see the father. Although the last verse ends with the guy shooting his father between the eyes.

Abuse, neglect and child abuse. I love it because it is a topic not covered as thoroughly from "Dead Babies".

It's true. This is the song that best represents the original sound of Alice Cooper. And the truth is that it was the only song where the three collaborating Neal, Dennis and Mike, without there being anyone else involved. I said, "I want to sound like old and I want to be recorded live without overdubs." I knew these guys were going to do so, have the ID of the seventies. Bob said: "If you had asked someone who had played with the sound of the seventies, nobody had been able to better capture the sense that these guys." And it's that simple, that's the way they play. Do not change anything, although there ups and downs, is very crude. And that ending ... It's spontaneous, vital. All that is missing is Glen Buxton. If Glen had been, we would now have one of those ramshackle guitar connected so typical of his, and would be a perfect song by Alice Cooper. I'm sure someone heard on that song, without the concept of the rest of the disc, will say: "Yes, this is the Alice Cooper Group". It's there, no doubt. Which makes me think of an interesting idea, why not make twelve new songs for an upcoming album with the original band? But we have to write these songs in the studio with Bob, and record live fully. It's a great idea.

A great idea? My heart is speeding up ...

I think it's about time. The next album ... I have to try to get a sound of the seventies, because in fact, is there. Glen is gone, but would Steve Hunter. This idea is the first thing I'll tell Bob Ezrin.

The three new songs that have made ... I can not explain, but no magic.

Oh yes. Neal and Dennis are in great shape and have so much personality in their respective instruments ... The only problem is Mike. His legs have lost strength. It has many problems in the knees, and all tests had to be seated.

Her weight is evident.

Have excess. I do not know how you are doing otherwise, but that's a good problem. I think it would be very difficult to turn with Michael. Do not think he has the possibility of standing for ninety minutes. On the other hand, is one hundred cities? We must be very fit to hold that pace. While on the other hand, there is always the possibility that it may play a few bars and sitting up in some songs.

It is also a great pianist. It could be a solution.

But he has a particular sound with the guitar. There is something in the way he plays, which is very distinctive. I've never heard anyone play like that. His rhythm is unique, very original. And if we do not want to miss playing it.

Do not forget your chorus.

Exactly. But either way, it will be for the next album. It's the future.

You're always thinking about what will happen later.

But this is already done. Many people loved it, and we have all the entire next year to present. But I'm thinking of something that can happen in about a year and a half.

What is the plan for Welcome 2 My Nightmare? Is it a show like the original?

For the time is sure to begin in June. As for the show, there are two or three ways to do it. One idea would be to entire album from start to finish, and make the stage a book. Every song is a different page, all represented as such. At the end of the recital, the book would end up in flames. (Laughter) Another option is to move the theater. Broadway, or any big city. Representing the show for a couple of weeks. You know, a month in New York, another in London ... two-thousand-seat theaters, sort of. The first act could be Welcome To My Nightmare, the 1975. An intermediate. The second act would be Welcome 2 My Nightmare. And the third act would be the encore with "Poison," "School's Out" and so on. However, each would have its own disc represented scenery. The first, as in his day. The second, whatever it ends up being. A different band for each disc, different characters for each of them. But all are ideas. Until we finish this tour we will not sit in designing the final plan.

Returning to the album itself. I think it is the first in many years trying not to sound like this or that. Constrictor is different, it was an attempt to move closer to Def Leppard, or Brutal Planet, which was close to Nu Metal, for example.

Each disc has a badge. I think sound like Brutal Planet needed. The album talks about the Holocaust, poverty, war, so I needed that sound, and I think the producer, Bob Marlette, was able to find it. The album was apocalyptic, needed a heavy sound and new to Alice. We continue with Dragontown full. But then I moved to another place and came Dirty Diamonds and The Eyes Of Alice Cooper. That band was appropriate to make these disks, very different from today. Each band is moving in a different field. The only thing that ties these, it always is Hard Rock, just that the flavors vary depending on weather.

Anyway, there's something I want to comment. Erik Scott (bassist in Special Forces Zipper Catches Skin and) told me it was very exciting to work with you in the studio because there was always a motivation to innovate. He, as producer, I suggested some acoustic guitars and you refused, claiming that everyone played acoustic in their records. However, even if your voice is always a single distinctive, some of your recent albums that sound like other artists.

Each album changes because it is made in a different time of your life. Each represents a different segment of your life and you think unevenly in each. When I enter new album I think differently than they did in the former, all is based on the character. I can look back and see pieces of my life in every one of those records. You know, the way I was mentally or physically, or emotionally. They are like chapters. With W2MN is all easier, nightmares are not located in one place. Start with "I Am Made Of You", which is an epic beginning, like "Hello Hooray" and then enter "Caffeine", which has absolutely nothing to do with the previous song. It is radically different. Then comes "Runaway Train" and "The Last Man On Earth", which is my personal tribute to Tom Waits. The album moves from side to side, taking on different personalities. I could not stagnate into a single sound as I did with other discs, because the nightmares have different images on a single night. As usual, there is a ballad, "Something To Remember Me By," which was written in 1975. When I listened again was like, "of course, sounds like 1975 because I wrote with Dick Wagner in 1975." (Laughs) At the end of the album all the songs sound different, but sound good together. I think that's part of the magic of Bob Ezrin. Although it is sometimes better to let things roll their own. When I first heard the riff of "I'll Bite Your Face Off," I thought, "That's Rolling Stones." So I decided not to change anything. Let the Stones sound as if it were 1965. The other day I was with Ronnie Wood and told him he had a song on the album was a tribute to the Rolling Stones. He listened and said, "Wow, let me touch on this Slide." "Sorry, Steve Hunter has already done."

The bridge's before the final chorus reminds me not so much the Stones, the Yardbirds if not psychedelic. At Roger The Engineer.

It was not intentional. Yes, Tom Waits imitates in "The Last Man On Earth". I totally changed the character of Alice. Tom once said that he did songs for the audience could see the song as a story. He said he wrote the songs the way he did Alice Cooper. I thought it was cool because at first Tom always seems to be in their own world. But it's great, because there is mutual respect and admiration. On the other hand, I must say I write the way that makes Chuck Berry and Ray Davies. Turning to Tom, we did the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame (both were included in the same ceremony, LoA) and I had a great time with him. It made me laugh so much you can not even imagine. So it is in another world ...

You have finally entered the R & R Hall Of Fame after so many years.

It was really nice. Not just to finally be there, if not for the people I shared that experience. Tom, Neal Diamond, Dr. John ... I know Dr. John for over forty years, since he once played with Frank Zappa. Darlene Love did not know, but it was lovely. But it was a special night, because the original band could play in front of all those people. Neal, Dennis, Mike and me. There was a special award in memory of Glen Buxton and it was exciting.

Fact low to Glen?

Of course. Glen came to a head, back in 72 or 73, which was irreplaceable. It was very unique, like Syd Barrett. You can not, or could, find someone to play that way. It would have been impossible. You can put a better guitarist, but it would be like Glen. He was a unique guitarist, the most original. You can not replace it. When Pink Floyd David Gilmour hired, they were not the same Pink Floyd I knew. It was a different band, with another sound. They were good, but with Syd was that insanity, that sound that was so disturbing. Glen is the same example, gave the band a sound that we could never recreate with any other. When Glen lost interest in the band, leave something in the way. It was there, but his soul was no longer in the band.

Perhaps for this reason Muscle Of Love sounds so different?

The problem is that we were exhausted. We did not have an address. We finished the Billion Dollar Babies tour and we were finished mentally. I think we should have done Welcome To My Nightmare, would have been cool for the band. But the main problem of Muscle Of Love was the departure of Bob Ezrin. We had a captain, a team leader that held us together in one place. The disk has no personality, not the glue that binds the pieces. I guess I had no direction and that we return made us apathetic. I think we should have waited Nightmare, and returned to normal. I think if we had taken a break, and then we had made Nightmare, the band would have stayed together until today. The good thing about this is that when we come together to do these three songs, it was as if no time had passed. It was as if we had continued playing all these years. It is very easy to work with them. As snapping his fingers.

I know since you were teenagers. Dennis and you even earlier.

It is a cliché is true: we are like family. Fifty years ago we met. Fortunately, when the band broke never been bad blood. No one insulted anyone, no one complained ... We were just exhausted. There are bands that hate each other for life, we never got to it, really. We wanted too much for us harm. I could never bring Dennis, Mike Neal or the courts, for the love of God. And they also do the same with me. Things happened and each took his way.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: The Spanish Interview full translation & 2013 ACG and Ez

Post by revinkevin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks for the translation. Hope a hook up with the old band and Ezrin comes true.

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks very much for the translation. Gonna read this on my way home from work!
In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Thank you :)
I hope Alice will make a very good new album with Bob Ezrin, but without the old band :P
The old band was cool in the seventies...but IMO this time Alice has his own carrier, and a new, stronger Alice character.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Very interesting to read!

For anyone to say that any mention of the ACG or a ACG reunion/album on this site should not be brought up and is only an Alice site, the interview clearly points out that each of the band members are a part of Alice now, as they were back then. Everyone speculates, even Alice does in this interview. No one knows for sure whether a full out ACG album will actually happen but it's interesting to hear it being mentioned by Alice and what he thinks would like to have happen.

Either way, I would still be very happy if Alice continued his solo career if there is no ACG reunion album. He still seems to have a lot to offer to fans creatively, as long as Ezrin is at the helm handling the production values and creative input.

(If)something does transpire in 2013, I think an appropriate album title would be Trillion Dollar Babies as stated on here before. Although, like W2MN, there would be countless comparisons...but then again, each of the band members can still deliver awesome tunes, so whose to say they can;t match Billion Dollar Babies? It would be a more veteran type of album that is greener, meaner and more menacing :rock:

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm a fan of Alice's solo work but I am 100% behind a band album. My favorite song on W2MN is When Hell Comes Home, there's a certain vibe you get when all three pieces (Alice, band, Ezrin) are there that you don't get when one is missing. I also think, for better or worse, that the band keeps Alice/Ezrin more focused on rock and roll.

Fantastic rumor, couldn't be more excited.

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:37 am

I love the idea. I hope it comes true. I can't wait for the true W2MN show. I don't get how and why he puts out albums in the middle of a current tour. ACAS came out that way and the show never happened. I hope W2MN happens.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 am

Oh,the discussions in the next year and a half,LOL!

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm intrigued, very excited to see how the next tour will turn out!

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 am

Thanks for the translation! Great interview. They just need to regroup and do an LP with Ezrin. It doesn't have to be permanent, just one for the fans with select dates and filmed for a DVD release.I think Alice realized (and remembered) the chemistry after working with them again for W2. I always felt that Bruce\Cooper ranked up there with the other great partners in rock like Lennon\McCartney, Jagger\Richards, & Tyler\Perry.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 am

As a hardcore Alice fan for more than 30 years it would truly be a dream come true for me to see the surviving members of the ACG reunite, if only for an album and a DVD.
The live recordings from the HOF and Golden Gods awards clearly show that they still got it in spades and I don´t think anyone can deny that the rhythm section is the most unique and best that Alice has ever had.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 pm

I for will be thrilled if it happens, but because Alice himself wants it to happen and not some of us who are still mourning the loss of the ACG in 1973.

Yeah, I'm talking about the lot of you. :nono:

No matter what happens, just everyone please don't get too carried away at the prospect, and for the love of god - don't over speculate. I've always said it'll happen when it happens so let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Chuck Garrick, Glen Sobel, and Tommy Henriksen are better than Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce. I'm just 24 years old, but I'm also a hardcore fan since 1997. I love the first 7 albums, and the old band was very good, but i saw videos from the HOF awards, and the 4D show...it was a real nightmare, they are not as great, as in the seventies. IMO a full worldtour with this old band would be a tragedy :(
I hope Alice will create with Bob Ezrin a great new concept album in 2013 :)

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 am

24????

As I have said many times before....I have pimples on my butt that are more than 24 years old.

Children should be seen and not heard.

:rotfl:

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 am

IMO a full worldtour with this old band would be a tragedy :(
I understand English isn't your first language, but some of the things you're using to describe the original band come off extremely over the top and should be reevaluated since they are off the mark, by a TREMENDOUS margin.

First, no one at the top suggested the band do a world tour, in fact, had you paid attention you would note that Alice was talking about the difficulty of a world tour with the original band because of some medical issues Michael Bruce is experiencing, but didn't rule out a few shows here and there. Like it or not, the original band have been a little more active in the past few years than they have since they broke up, and it seems more likely now than ever before that such events such as local club shows could happen (and note, you are not obligated to attend, so you will have no complaints since they are so "disastrous" and their performances are supposedly a "tragedy.")

Second, most people thought the original band sounded great. If you were only to judge by the videos of the Jagermeister event the only downside was that the 4-D Aspect of it didn't appear to be everything that it was hyped up to be. Very few people had complaints about any of the performances. Let me put it to you in a way you might understand: September 11, 2001 was a tragedy. The original band performing a few songs was not.

You're welcome.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:59 am

What Devon said :clap: :clap: :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:22 pm

I think a limited tour could be done as a few are active in there own bands. A full old school album with a few shows in some of the old stomping grounds would be very cool.
I think you can see elements of a Great album in some of there current work combined it could be amazing. Killsmith 2 was quite good as was Bones from the yard

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm

GNDM thank you for your answer, how unfortunate Alice isn't reading it, he would be very proud of how intelligent fans like you he has.

Devon thank you as well for the correction, my grammar might be not perfect but I'm familiar with the meaning of the words, the word tragedy has the same meaning in Hungarian, and I think, something you do not find tragic can be that for me.
Unfortunately from Hungary I could only go to venues close to us to watch Alice, but in all records with the current tourband they sound perfect, while I found all the videos with the old band exhausted and oldie.
I highly feel sorry for the fact that its the umpteenth time, when nobody can accept an opinion, except if it is positive.
Long story short i wrote nothing like everyone should feel this way, but, I know that English is your first language, you might still not understand what „forum „means. This, in my opinion is a place where you can share your opinion, views, feelings and not only agree.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Pitta....I am guessing, but it is possible that Alice has pimples on his butt that are 24 years old, or more, too.
:laugh:

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:44 pm

If your hearing is as good as your sense of humour, then I can see, why you like the 2011 records of the AC group :x :grin: