The Spanish Interview full translation & 2013 ACG and Ezrin?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: The Spanish Interview full translation & 2013 ACG and Ez

Post by sickthing » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Pitta, I saw Dennis Dunaway play live with Blue Coupe a mere two weeks ago and he looked and sounded neither 'exhausted' nor 'old'! He played the Alice Cooper songs to perfection, just like they sound on the album. Plus, Bones from the Yard was a better album than Along Came a Spider...far from being a 'tragedy'.

I will believe that a reunion of the band would be a tragedy when any other solo Alice line up releases 5 consecutive albums that are as good as LITD, Killer, SO, BDB and MOL were.

I don't think it's a coincedence that the three songs with the old band are among the best on the new album.

....apologies for whoever has pimples that are older than me (26) but I still thought I'd voice my opinio...

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:49 pm

sickthing wrote:Pitta, I saw Dennis Dunaway play live with Blue Coupe a mere two weeks ago and he looked and sounded neither 'exhausted' nor 'old'! He played the Alice Cooper songs to perfection, just like they sound on the album. Plus, Bones from the Yard was a better album than Along Came a Spider...far from being a 'tragedy'.

I will believe that a reunion of the band would be a tragedy when any other solo Alice line up releases 5 consecutive albums that are as good as LITD, Killer, SO, BDB and MOL were.

I don't think it's a coincedence that the three songs with the old band are among the best on the new album.

....apologies for whoever has pimples that are older than me (26) but I still thought I'd voice my opinio...
Thank you sickthing, your response is one that i can answer to reasonably. I can fully understand, that as you saw them live, it changed a lot on your impressions, and Denis is the best from the band indeed.
I am less committed for the AC group. On my top5 list only Love it to death is from them. I prefer The lasttemptation, the from the insie, Brutal planet and the Dirty Diamonds.
I liked the ACAS too, and basicly the whole sober-era of Alice, i enjoy watching his sober tours a lot more.

In addition, many old band look fine together on stage, but it can be seen on the members of the AC group that they haven't spent much time on stage for decades, and they dont appar so dashing, like the band now.

Tragedy may be too hard, but for me an Alice show is whole if at least half of the songs are from the solo era.

thank you once more, for being able to give a reasonable human response :alice:
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:43 am

Pitta,

Besides being an Alice Cooper fan I am also a professional musician and producer.
I know Dennis, Neal and Mike very well. I have played with them many times at shows in the USA and Europe, jammed with them at their homes and recorded with them in the studio for various albums.
Believe me when I say, they can still PLAY!

You are welcome to listen to Dennis playing "Halo Of Flies" with my band DIMMA here and hear for yourself:
http://soundcloud.com/dimmamusic/halo-o ... eat-dennis

I have hundreds of live recordings from every tour that Alice has ever done and since I live in Iceland I have been traveling the world since the 80´s to see Alice in concert. He´s always had very good musicians but I can honestly tell you that I´ve never heard any of his bass players play "Halo" like that.
I can understand if you like Alice´s solo stuff more that you like some of the other musicians more but NOONE can play the original ACG songs like the original bandmembers, who wrote and created the music, show and image that was at one time a cultural phenomenon.

Remember, there is a reason that these guys have become legendary and are now being recognised by their peers for their incredible work on groundbeaking albums and tours.

Even though this forum is swamped with fans who don´t want to hear about them because it might burst their bubble.
Last edited by DIMMA on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:49 am

BTW, feel free to let me know what you think of Dennis´ playing on this new recording of "Halo".

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:47 pm

GREAT version and playing by Dennis but als from DIMMA. :clap: :clap:

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Even though this forum is swamped with fans who don´t want to hear about them because it might burst their bubble.
Well, I'm not one of them, I would LOVE to see them play together - my parents wouldn't let me see Killer in the 70's - I was 'too young' :/ and then the group split up!!! I never give up hope that I might see the remaining members of ACG together again eventually. The best tracks on W2MN are the collaborations with them, IMO.

Btw, spectacular version of Halo of Flies, great playing by everybody.. :clap: :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks mestreech and cherrypie, we appreciate it!

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 pm

wow, that hof was fantastic! What instrument did/do you play Dimma? Sorry if that has been brought up but I didn't see it.

Dennis can OBVIOUSLY still play (they all can)...would like to hear more ACG songs on next album. They came up with very strong songs for nightmare 2. I realize not all members would be able to take on a grueling tour schedule, but they can certainly write and record together. Now I know people say that "the general public won't care etc) but...who gives a shit what the general public thinks or wants? Record, write, and see what happens.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Darren wrote:but they can certainly write and record together. Now I know people say that "the general public won't care etc) but...who gives a shit what the general public thinks or wants? Record, write, and see what happens.
Exactly Darren. The guys are all over 60, they should do what ever feels right to them. But make it soon....the band has lost one member....so don't wait too long to do one more (or two, or three...) collaboration.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:07 pm

[quote="Darren"]wow, that hof was fantastic! What instrument did/do you play Dimma?

Thanks Darren!
I play the lead guitars on this recording. The other players are Silli Geirdal (Rhythm guitar), Birgir Jonsson (Drums), Stefan Jakobson (Vocals) and of course Dennis Dunaway (Bass).
My brother Silli is the bass player in our band DIMMA and also played with me in the Michael Bruce Group on MB´s live albums "HALO OF ICE" and "ALIVE & RE-COOPERATED" as well as on various recordings with Dennis Dunaway.
Silli playes the bass on the MB albums but switches over to rhythm guitar when we play with DD.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Pitta wrote:Chuck Garrick, Glen Sobel, and Tommy Henriksen are better than Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce. I'm just 24 years old, but I'm also a hardcore fan since 1997. I love the first 7 albums, and the old band was very good, but i saw videos from the HOF awards, and the 4D show...it was a real nightmare, they are not as great, as in the seventies. IMO a full worldtour with this old band would be a tragedy :(
I hope Alice will create with Bob Ezrin a great new concept album in 2013 :)
take it from someone who saw Neal, Michael & Dennis with Steve Hunter standing in for GB playing with the man who took the name of the greatest American band of the early 70's at Phoenix last year, as much as I have loved all the musicians that have done a great job for Alice in the 40-50 gigs I've seen him play since 82, no one has sounded better than those guys did, even with one rehearsal it was Alice Cooper DNA
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV