If Alice fronted another band?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

If Alice fronted another band?

Post by recoop » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:40 am

Watched Lou Reed with Metallica other night-jools holland uktv-have seen Alice fronting Foo Fighters-but who would you like Alice to front/even produce an album with?...for starters I would go with Queen and they could be caled Queen Alice..whaddya think and what are your ideas?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Re: If Alice fronted another band?

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:30 am

Very interesting thought and endless possibilities … Alice seamed to be close with the guys from Guns n’ Roses and Mötley Crüe so I think a collaboration with them would be realistic. And of course if he wanted to take on a more metal note again Dave Mustaine’s Megadeth would be an option, given that he is often referred to as Dave’s ‘Godfather’ after helping him getting over his drug and alcohol addiction.
In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:33 am

Dunno about fronting, but i asked him at Glasgow if there's any chance of him doing anything (concept album preferably!) w/ Danny Elfman. They're both rockers w/ awesome range and delightfully dark humour, i think they could come up w/ a stunning record together.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Oh man, I haven't thought of that : Alice ding something with Danny Elfman ! I have and love his Batman soundtracks, as most of his work generally.

Indeed, this idea is a killer, wolf ! :grin:
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm

killer wolf wrote:Dunno about fronting, but i asked him at Glasgow if there's any chance of him doing anything (concept album preferably!) w/ Danny Elfman. They're both rockers w/ awesome range and delightfully dark humour, i think they could come up w/ a stunning record together.

and he said...................?
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Considering the last year, Rob Zombie, hands down.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Alice + The Night Shift + Danny Elfman = Success!!!

Sounds like a project Elfman would be into. Elfman's dark mysterious instrumentals in the background with pure Alice vocals orchestrating the menacing voice and tone of the album. It would be a different take on WTMN and Alice can reintrouduce the Steven character in a new form after the events of W2MN. Either that or Goes 2 Hell :alice:

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:00 pm

cherrypie wrote:
killer wolf wrote:Dunno about fronting, but i asked him at Glasgow if there's any chance of him doing anything (concept album preferably!) w/ Danny Elfman. They're both rockers w/ awesome range and delightfully dark humour, i think they could come up w/ a stunning record together.

and he said...................?
we had a bit chat about Danny and Oingo Boingo etc and Alice seemed to like that stuff, but regarding the idea he just said that now he was doing stuff w/ Tim Burton (the way he phrased it seemed to suggest it was more than just the Dark Shadows thing, but i didn't press him on it) there was the possibility that his and Danny's paths would cross. I dunno if he's thought about it himself (or if Danny has, for that matter), or if my suggestion might spark an idea, but personally i'm crossing my fingers that something could happen. if you hear something like "The Cat Is Dead" by Danny (youtube it) or just his music from Oingo, you see a lot of simularities in both music, range, unexpectedness and black humour. i think they'd be a match made in Heaven/Hell.
LOL - Welcome To My Nightmare Before Christmas!
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:05 am

Team ups with Jay Z, Kesha, Lil Romeo or Bon Jovi, Motley Crue on the rock side.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:10 am

Alice and Elfman certainly isn`t outside the realms of possibilities if Elfman is a fan, and he IS a rock fan. It's occured to me as well in the past.

Some years ago Alice wrote with Disney's Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid etc) on a project called "The Seven Deadly", demos of which are still in the vaults somewhere.