Alice on torrents and such?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice on torrents and such?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:57 pm

>I'd just like to know who is actually credited ( not sure if legally is the right term )for the publishing etc if the album credits are wrong.

That's the point. The source of the information that steven_crayn gave was not the "album credits". My guess is that he got that from a British copyright agency that he is a member of. The information on the album itself (if you don't have a copy near you) clearly states that all members of the band have a credit for that particular composition.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:16 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>though the Mechanicals (record sales) is 100% Carlin Music Corp.

I suspect that is false (and yes I know that as a composer yourself, you have access to certain information, but that doesn't mean it's correct).
I'm just going off the PRS database that I have access to, if that info is incorrect that means the money isn't getting distributed correctly which is surprising.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>though the Mechanicals (record sales) is 100% Carlin Music Corp.

I suspect that is false (and yes I know that as a composer yourself, you have access to certain information, but that doesn't mean it's correct).
I'm just going off the PRS database that I have access to, if that info is incorrect that means the money isn't getting distributed correctly which is surprising.
I think what the 100% mechanicals for Carlin means is they get the publishing money that is generated on record sales in UK for School's Out which wouldn't affect the record deal revenue Alice Cooper had/has in place.
The writer royalties from performance ie radio play in the UK would be split 50% Carlin as publisher and 25% Alice Cooper and 25% Michael Bruce.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:56 pm

the other thing to remember is that when an artist gets an advance from a record company that has to be paid back out of the artist royalties.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:03 pm

>I think what the 100% mechanicals for Carlin means is they get the publishing money that is generated on record sales in UK for School's Out

Yes, although the publisher would collect all the publishing royalties irrespective of whether they are generated by units that are sold by a song being played on the radio. The way your post was worded made it sound like they were collecting all the revenue based on units sold (or at least that's how I interpreted it and I was pretty sure that wasn't what you meant).