Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Back in hell

Post by tim10cc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Good time to be a Cooper fan!!

I enjoy the new Album very much. To me its his best album since Brutal Planet.

I think putting Ezrin right in this project was a GREAT idea!!

Goes to hell was his follow up to Welcome to my nightmare..

I think it would make sense there would be a follow up to Welcome 2 my nightmare.

Back in hell..Suspended in hell..something like that! Use Ezrin of course.

I think the 75 nightmare, Goes to hell, Last temptation (since that album didnt get an actual tour) & Welcome 2 my nightmare along with a Hell themed album would all fit well together on stage. Just my opinion.

I always dreamt Alice doing wake me gently & lullaby live on stage :)

Sorry I've been away for a while...Good to be back

Tim
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Back in hell

Post by andyrew » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 pm

>I enjoy the new Album very much. To me its his best album since Brutal Planet.

I think putting Ezrin right in this project was a GREAT idea!!

Goes to hell was his follow up to Welcome to my nightmare..

I think it would make sense there would be a follow up to Welcome 2 my nightmare.

Back in hell..Suspended in hell..something like that! Use Ezrin of course.

I think the 75 nightmare, Goes to hell, Last temptation (since that album didnt get an actual tour) & Welcome 2 my nightmare along with a Hell themed album would all fit well together on stage. Just my opinion.

I always dreamt Alice doing wake me gently & lullaby live on stage

YESS!! That would be awesome. So how would hell be like 35 years later in your opinion? In 76 it was very disco themed. I'm sure a lot of fans don't expect Alice to do a rap/hip hop version of hell or a theme like Disco Bloodbath Boogey Fever kinda thing. Would be interesting though but i'm sure a lot of people are expecting a more menacing album like Brutal Planet. That would be awesome and would show how bad hell really is for Steven.

I was thinking that Alice should do the next nightmare a few years later to keep the nightmares seperated with time like the first and second but why if Goes to Hell was 1 year later anyway?

And since 2012 is the year the world is "supposed to end" Alice should try doing a spoof about it at the same time while still trying to make things dark and creepy. THat would be epic.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:36 am

C'mon. Everyone knows it should be called Goes 2 Hell :)

I don't think The Rapture should be spoofed. Plenty of 'believers' are doing a pretty good job of it already :)

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:12 am

I think Goes 2 Hell could be a lot of Fun. Tell the tale of steven trying to escape hell back into reality. The showman could return. A person he thought to be long gone from his childhood that one halloween night. Only to retun while in Hell.

I'd Like to see him Do a real Rocker duet maybe with Joan Jett this time around.

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Whats wrong with me. Sorry it was a 13 hour shift yesterday, when I posted.

Goes 2 hell (Yes Perfect) Joan Jett (absolutely) I would even consider the lead singer of L7 Donita Sparks

Goes to hell was a great album that never got its tour! It would even raise more eyebrows for Cooper fans that would like to hear material from that album live.

Wake me gently I thought could be used on the stage well
I'm the coolest
Didnt we meet
Wish you were here (Has this ever been sung on stage)
I'm always chasing rainbows/Goin home

Some good tunes, just never done live!
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Alice Cooper Goes Back 2 Hell?

Completely wishful thinking. But, if it were to happen it should be completely done in a dance-rock kind of vein. Starting off with groove inspired songs and progressing to flat out rock n' roll!

Have Alice climb out of the 9 dance circles of Hell, back to the land of the living where Steven wakes up and realizes that he was dreaming the entire two albums content and is thankful to be alive & awake.

Tour the heck out of it combing the first Goes To Hell album with the second one. I'm dying to hear a live version of Wake Me Gently before I ask Alice if I can buy the song from him.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 pm

> Completely wishful thinking. But, if it were to happen it should be completely done in a dance-rock kind of vein. Starting off with groove inspired songs and progressing to flat out rock n' roll!

Have Alice climb out of the 9 dance circles of Hell, back to the land of the living where Steven wakes up and realizes that he was dreaming the entire two albums content and is thankful to be alive & awake.

Tour the heck out of it combing the first Goes To Hell album with the second one. I'm dying to hear a live version of Wake Me Gently before I ask Alice if I can buy the song from him.

I agree. But for casual Alice fans, they might think negatively about the whole dance groove concept in comparison to W2MN. Goes to Hell wasn't liked all that much because everyone was comparing it to Nightmare. Then again, people would probably compares Goes Back to Hell with Goes to Hell, and understand what Alice is trying to do. And if he kinda mixes in the sinister rock n roll later on in the album, i'm sure it will be well recieved.

If he ever decides to do it, he should release it sometime later next year, right after W2MN like he did with WTMN and Goes to Hell, even though that might be hard with all the touring he will be doing. A 1-2 year time frame would be ideal :alice:

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:47 pm

In response to Tim 10cc's query -an excerpt from "Wish you were here" appears on the live album "The Aice Cooper Show".