Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Project "Let's do this!"

Post by Kristian » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Okay, so here's what people reply when you mention Alice Cooper:

30%: Oh, that guy. I kind of like putting on "Poison" when I throw a kitsch party.

20%: Oh yes, that guy. I kinda like School's Out, but I never really heard anything else.

50%: Never heard of her, who is she?

Are we, fellow Sick Things going to let things stay like this. I say "(Alice Cooper Goes to) Hell no!" Let's all put some less-known but very good AC stuff on our social network profile of choice and list here what we chose. I've kicked this thing off with "Scarlet and Sheba", set to this charming montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9fO0KwWrJU

Remember that this is tax-deductible, and thanks for your time.

Kristian

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Project "Let's do this!"

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 pm

What the hell mix of Scarlet & Sheba is that??? Anyone notice how different it sounds? Alice's vocals sound higher pitched but the tempo isn't sped up.

Listen to it back to back with this version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku52ynj0dVU

Am I insane (that is possible)?

Awakening
Killer
Killer

Post by Awakening » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:25 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:What the hell mix of Scarlet & Sheba is that??? Anyone notice how different it sounds? Alice's vocals sound higher pitched but the tempo isn't sped up. Am I insane.

Listen to it back to back with this version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku52ynj0dVU

Am I insane (that is possible)?
The song seems to be played a little bit faster. That is the cause of how it sounds, I think.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:33 pm

The uploader also has a weird mix of Dead Babies.

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Post by Kristian » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Yes, it is very possible that you are insane! :p

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Post by Kristian » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Actually, seems you are right... only started listening to DaDa a few days ago and don't know the songs by heart yet...

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Kristian wrote:Actually, seems you are right... only started listening to DaDa a few days ago and don't know the songs by heart yet...
You're in for a treat. DaDa gets better with every listen. Tied with WTMN as my favorite of his solo albums.

On a side note, I'm downloading the version from youtube and I'm going to sync it up with the CD version to figure out WTF is different. What it sounds like is that the higher pitched backing vocals have been brought to the front of the mix. The guitars also sound a little beefier on this weird mix. The same is true of the weird mix of Dead Babies.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 pm

I have recently learned that some people on youtube change the tempo/pitch of a song to avoid copyright issues. Could this be what is happening here?
Yes I agree with you i am always posting videos of Alice on facebook and shattering peoples pre conceived ideas about what he is about. Perhaps we should start an organisation like the Jehovas Witinesses, but instead of watchtowers we can all go door to door handing out Alice cds.
Boomshanka

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh Really?That's why "i am made of you" has been uploaded in such bad(IMO)-speed up- version on youtube?I am very upset with that because people who want just to take a taste of his new album via youtube they dont't listen to it in all its glory ..
Edit (Oh 101 post , I'm a Killaa !)