Loyalty to AC

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Loyalty to AC

Post by recoop » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Just thinking, since discovering AC in early 70s, I have always bought new AC albums when I discover released(nearly missed flush the fashion in 1980 due to not knowing released)..even if I havent liked one album I've always bought the next one(for me its something about Alice being the concept so I can stand a duff album)..so what about you..have you ever taken an AC holiday, given up on him for a period of time..confess sinners :grin:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Loyalty to AC

Post by mestreech » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:09 pm

I always buy every new release from him, no exception.
My collectors madness has stopped with the singles as I once had over 25 copies of Elected from various countries. I collected almost everything but I stopped and sometimes I sell some stuff to keep buying otter stuff ( mostly deluxe boxes). Collecting is a real addiction as there is always more to buy. If someone has some wants give me an email as I maybe can help.
Back on topic now( sorry).
I bought Constrictor but at first impression I didn't liked it. That was the only time I was serious thinking of not buying it. Still one of his worst albums.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:30 pm

I've been a fan since 1989 when I was 12. Alice means the world to me. Marylin and Rob can pi** off for all I care. No one compares to Alice.

The closest I've seen thus far being Wednesday 13, he gets it.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:29 am

I hated Lace & Whiskey (still only like 1 or 2 tracks from it) so when From The Inside came out, I didn't buy it. Fortunately, my best friend at school had it and he played it for me a few times and I really loved it. When Flush The Fashion was released, I bought FTI and FTF on the same day.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:39 pm

I have bought every album he has released. I have some on vinyl and all of them on cd. I have multiple copies of a lot of them like the different versions of W2MN or Eyes with the 4 different colours. Yes sir i am a record companies dream, stamp the words Alice Cooper onto a turd and i am likley to buy it. I also own all the original band members solo stuff and a lot of the other band members releases, sextus being a particular highlight.
Boomshanka

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:07 pm

It's funny how you almost missed Flush The Fashion. I did miss it. And Special Forces and Zipper Catches Skin and Da Da. We had four record stores in my town at one point and the only Alice albums in the store was in the used section. Which was how a ten year old kid compiles his record collection. I didn't find out about these albums until around 84 or 85. I was reading the Encyclopedia of Rock at my library and it listed all his albums. I was totally shocked that I missed four straight albums and immediately went on an adventure to search them out. With the exception of DaDa and a couple of songs here and there I didn't really miss anything, imo.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Interesting St Schizo..re Flush and missing 4 albums..I was living 5 miles out of Edinburgh in 1980 and spotted the album for £1.99 in a run down shop on the outskirts of the city..no idea it had been released..I had been playing FTI to death since 78..I made myself like Special F I think..really just liked the concept of Alice anyway..gr8 comments from everyone on this thread..from Alice's name on turd to disliking Lace and W(i didnt like it either btw)..also with every album I've found something I like!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.