Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: SickThings, Devon, Si, Gorehound, Shoesalesman

User avatar
Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Looking at YouTube video, I see she has some sort of extended solo here before OWB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSgz8dhwF8
She got skills, but it's not my cup of tea.

And she still looks bored right out of her skull :x
The sanest days are mad.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by James1981 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 pm

I think all he ladies are just getting a bit territorial about a female being in the band. You better all stop dissing my future wife :nono:
Boomshanka

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:47 pm

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:48 pm

She sure looks cool enough to me, yes she moves a little bit slow on stage but that is a welcome change IMO.
Alice and MJ can/could recognize her talents and I see no reason at all to argue with these guys.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: holland

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by mestreech » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:34 pm

James1981 wrote:I think all he ladies are just getting a bit territorial about a female being in the band. You better all stop dissing my future wife :nono:

haha, dream on ::((:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:34 pm

I love the way she looks on stage with the band, I think she adds a unique presence and is a perfect fit.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 am
Location: United States

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:I am willing to give her a chance of developing into an entertainer, but there is a huge void in the show with Keri and Damon gone that even a ridiculous 12 foot Frankenstein can't fill. Orianthi needs to be more than just another promotional gimmick. She and Steve need to to show some life and do some shredding or the show is deader than Cold Ethyl. Chuck is great but can only do so much between two statues.
You type this like you've already seen the show without Damon and Keri, and with Orianthi...
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

User avatar
Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:03 am
Location: California

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:So Orianthi is not playing any solos? Steve is playing all solos in the show now?

Two of the 3 guitarists are playing nothing but rhythm now?
they do bits here and there but yes steve does dominate this show.

User avatar
Deaconess
Trash
Trash
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Deaconess » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:59 am

Ori is doing all the same solo spots that Damon had and also now has a featured spot that he did not have. It is difficult to tell from Youtube vids, you have to see the whole show. :)

User avatar
Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:27 am

I can't believe there are no reviews of the new tour yet.

Where are all the down under Sickies? I for one want to know details.

As for the show dynamics they are the same as they have been for years. Remember that a lot of it is choreographed even if there's still space for improvisation.

Seriously, I don't get you guys, you have the occasion to see one of the best guitar players of the past decades on stage and all you can think of is how things were better in the past. You sound like a bunch of old ladies :)

I for one am really glad that Steve's bad eyesight doesn't prevent him from playing, bad enough that Dick Wagner is having all these health problems.

I couldn't care less if Steve doesn't do a cartwheel while playing, all I have to do is look at the expression of pure bliss on his face and I feel elated too.

In fact I should be grumbling too because with all these great musicians on stage I don't have enough time to look at Alice, they should all just stand in the back.
(in case you don't know me by now this is sarcasm)

User avatar
Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: Between High School and Old School

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Billie1966 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 am

Dragonlady wrote:I can't believe there are no reviews of the new tour yet.

Where are all the down under Sickies? I for one want to know details.

As for the show dynamics they are the same as they have been for years. Remember that a lot of it is choreographed even if there's still space for improvisation.

Seriously, I don't get you guys, you have the occasion to see one of the best guitar players of the past decades on stage and all you can think of is how things were better in the past. You sound like a bunch of old ladies :)

I for one am really glad that Steve's bad eyesight doesn't prevent him from playing, bad enough that Dick Wagner is having all these health problems.

I couldn't care less if Steve doesn't do a cartwheel while playing, all I have to do is look at the expression of pure bliss on his face and I feel elated too.

In fact I should be grumbling too because with all these great musicians on stage I don't have enough time to look at Alice, they should all just stand in the back.
(in case you don't know me by now this is sarcasm)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well spoken Dragon Lady!

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

User avatar
scotty
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 am
Location: US,ohio
Contact:

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by scotty » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

here,here dragon lady! seems to me alice's bands just keep getting better actually. People should let orianthi have a bit of time-she will gel,I'm sure. It's quite a mix of characters we have up there now! if there's one guy I miss dearly up there,it's eric singer. I'm partial to him since he's from my hometown!

revinkevin
Killer
Killer
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: Easthampton Massachusetts, USA

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by revinkevin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Uh, that girl smokes on that guitar. She will be a plus in any band she plays with.

unfinished sweet
Trash
Trash
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by unfinished sweet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:48 pm

She kind of reminds me of Neal Smith or Davey Johnstone with all the hair, but much prettier. She did have a hit in the states last year or the year before. I think she's in the band temporarily to attract a younger demographic, just like the ke$ha thing. Then she'll be off on her own. Alice is really trying to appeal to everyone. Fortunately he has a great new album to back up all of this.

User avatar
cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:38 pm
Location: The Cotswolds
Contact:

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by cherrypie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 pm

She kind of reminds me of Neal Smith .....with all the hair, but much prettier.
No. Defo not prettier ::((: ::((: ::((:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 pm

>I think she's in the band temporarily to attract a younger demographic, just like the ke$ha thing.

No. That wasn't what "the ke$ha thing" was about and given that there's always a good proportion of younger people at the shows, I don't think that applies to the the Orianthi situation either.

User avatar
Loomis
Killer
Killer
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Loomis » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 pm

>I think she's in the band temporarily to attract a younger demographic

You can't go much younger than the 12 or 13 year old kids I have seen at shows. Yes there has been younger, but I doubt that they have very much money to spend.
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:02 am

I hate to say it but if anyone should be complaining about people looking bored during a show it should be Alice Cooper. I have watched the 1st show with Orianth from the left corner of the back of the venue. Literally 95% of the fans were just sitting there, and not just sitting there, but sitting there without rocking out in any way. I used to joke about certain Alice fans only getting into shows when some of the radio hits came on, kind of rocking out by looking like they were knocking on a door while falling asleep. But this crowd, they needed a blanket and pillow, I guess the door wasn't available haha.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

User avatar
Nick
Killer
Killer
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I hate to say it but if anyone should be complaining about people looking bored during a show it should be Alice Cooper. I have watched the 1st show with Orianth from the left corner of the back of the venue. Literally 95% of the fans were just sitting there, and not just sitting there, but sitting there without rocking out in any way. I used to joke about certain Alice fans only getting into shows when some of the radio hits came on, kind of rocking out by looking like they were knocking on a door while falling asleep. But this crowd, they needed a blanket and pillow, I guess the door wasn't available haha.
I experienced that at a melbourne gig two years ago. It was absolutely the worst crowd I have ever seen, so bad that Alice even joked about it during the meet and greet afterwards. The next night, same venue, the crowd were nuts throughout. Go figure.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 am

Haha, I guess it's always different depending on the crowd and location.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

User avatar
Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:03 am
Location: California

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 am

Nick wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:I hate to say it but if anyone should be complaining about people looking bored during a show it should be Alice Cooper. I have watched the 1st show with Orianth from the left corner of the back of the venue. Literally 95% of the fans were just sitting there, and not just sitting there, but sitting there without rocking out in any way. I used to joke about certain Alice fans only getting into shows when some of the radio hits came on, kind of rocking out by looking like they were knocking on a door while falling asleep. But this crowd, they needed a blanket and pillow, I guess the door wasn't available haha.
I experienced that at a melbourne gig two years ago. It was absolutely the worst crowd I have ever seen, so bad that Alice even joked about it during the meet and greet afterwards. The next night, same venue, the crowd were nuts throughout. Go figure.

yep, but it doesnt stop him playing atleast 2 gigs there every tour, a paying audience is still a good audiecne to him regardless I guess ......

Post Reply