North American vinyl release...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

North American vinyl release...

Post by killer_juju » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I know that everybody said the UK edition was blood red, but the official website says the North American edition is blood red also even though it is in fact black. It is definitely not what was advertised, plus the American copy doesn't have a download card nor the poster. The pin badge wasn't in my fan pack either. Starting to find this release effort a bit ridiculous.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: North American vinyl release...

Post by homerx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah the NA Vinyl was just a basic black 2 disc set. The Booklet is very good though. I'm thinking just a mix up of the color as the NA one was said to be blood red but basic otherwise

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Well, i find it to be a ridiculous mix up. Big difference in expecting a colored vinyl, and it just being a typical black vinyl. Would have ordered an import instead for the colored vinyl, the free poster, and the download if I would have known. I consider this whole 'nightmare' a ripoff at this point.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Not so much as the Import runs about $35 USD vs the US being $27. I'll say I would have liked it in Blood Red but its not needed to enjoy the disc. I do wonder if those in the EU can confirm it being blood red. As its not out over there yet.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:24 pm

> Not so much as the Import runs about $35 USD vs the US being $27. I'll say I would have liked it in Blood Red but its not needed to enjoy the disc. I do wonder if those in the EU can confirm it being blood red. As its not out over there yet.

I've been wondering the same thing. I Pre-ordered my blood red vinyl from Universal on August 27th and I got a confirmation email last week that it has been shipped so I'll probably be getting it sometime next week.

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 am

Well, I would have paid the extra $8 or $10 for the colored vinyl, because I have enough black to last me a lifetime. I could care less about the album at this point, because it is a let down. But the completist in me wanted the album since it was going to be on red vinyl, so it's pretty lame not to get what was expected as well as advertised.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 am

killer_juju wrote:Well, I would have paid the extra $8 or $10 for the colored vinyl, because I have enough black to last me a lifetime. I could care less about the album at this point, because it is a let down. But the completist in me wanted the album since it was going to be on red vinyl, so it's pretty lame not to get what was expected as well as advertised.
If you're that unhappy I would suggest returning the item to where you got it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:16 am

hey juju,
understand your frustration, but it might be helpful if you separated your feeling about the fan pack and the number of release from you feelings about the actual music. Although it is clear that you are disappointed with both, I think your complaints would have more merit if you just addressed each aspect in the appropriate thread. At least it would keep the discussion on topic.