I Am Made of You... without auto-tune?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I Am Made of You... without auto-tune?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:02 pm

>Love the fact that Alice told him he wanted something like Goodbye To Love, Tony Peluso's solos on that Carpenters song are all time great solos, Alice knows a great guitar solo when he hears it!

For someone who isn't a musician, he has a great ear for stuff like that.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Auto-Tune is a creative tool. I like it. But Squarewave is what was used on....what song is it again? :/
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 am

Gunner wrote:
"I am referring to the sect to which Alice belongs, not some obscure sect you wish to cite."

You never stated that, previously you said, "a committed Christian", "every member of a church" and "ask a Christian." All without greater qualifiers.

Also, the groups I were referring to are not obscure (although clearly obscure to those without knowledege in the subject), but you discount them as well as those "embroiled in an extreme fundamentalism".

This as well as the rest of your post is mostly dribel and without merit as you clearly have no scholarly backgound in the subject, but lean on statements about Bacon as Shakespeare and all artist being part of secret societies, similiarly weak arguments heavy in rhetoric and without merit.
I think it is best that you subscribe to your previous comments about "saying no more on the matter"

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

After listening to Kesha's vocal am thinking of starting a thread "What baby wants" without auto tune" -do you think it will get to eight pages?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 am

seem to be veering of the point here, but i don't believe Alice "preaches" at all in his songs, nor would he try. he's stated on several occasions that religious belief is more important/personal that sexual discussion, and i think he respects that in both directions. As a total antichrist myself, i appreciate that. i don't want someone using their records to try and talk me around to their point of view, but i have no problems w/ them singing songs that are based on their point of view. Coop himself has said that IAMOY has several interpretations, he never said it was unequivocally about god. i don't even know if Steven's a christian, nor do i care. Given there's devils and Hell around, you'd maybe assume so, however.
Far as i'm concerned, Alice is a pure singer, not a preacher. if he has an idea about god, he writes a song w/ that theme. if he has a song about a murder, he writes that. if he has a song about suicide (a total no-no in most christian circles) he writes that - personally, i don't see any deeper motive than that.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Lovesaloadedgun
Killer
Killer

Post by Lovesaloadedgun » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Yeah, it would be cool.