Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

I've got the new album!!!

Post by Vlad the Impala » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 am

And it's a bloody MASTERPIECE!!!
Best album since the original nightmare and I am NOT joking. As each of the previous albums had been released I had been inwardly imploring Alice to stop doing new stuff because it has been so poor, and just to tour with the old classics, BUT ...

Alice has remembered how to SING!
There are TUNES on it!
There are MELODIES on it!
And there are LOTS of themes that you will recognise ...

Just one question: why was UNDER THE BED left out of the complete album as such and added as a 'bonus' instead?
It fits perfectly within the confines of the 'story' very early on and should have been, say, track three or four.
I think I'll have to always alter my playlist to include it that way.

But I bloody love this album!

And one final thought/suggestion to The Man himself: Please tour the UK with this album Alice, and don't treat us to all the old stuff again.
Not gonna happen, is it? ::((:
School's out FOREVER!!"
Speaking as an ex-teacher, I can confirm that it really is!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I've got the new album!!!

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Vlad the Impala wrote: Just one question: why was UNDER THE BED left out of the complete album as such and added as a 'bonus' instead?
It fits perfectly within the confines of the 'story' very early on and should have been, say, track three or four.
I agree with that, it's a fantastic tune. Reminds me of something that could have fitted on TLT nicely.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

I find it very pathetic to have my post removed with no reason given. Have we become so prudish in our old age that we mus protect others sensibilities?

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:43 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Vlad the Impala wrote: Just one question: why was UNDER THE BED left out of the complete album as such and added as a 'bonus' instead?
I agree with that, it's a fantastic tune. Reminds me of something that could have fitted on TLT nicely.
The problem is on WTMN, the nightmare begins with the first track. On W2MN, the nightmare doesn't begin until the third, and arguably the fourth. You see what I'm getting at. HOWEVER, and I'm just gonna throw this out there... in my opinion I Am Made of You could have come before or after When Hell Comes Home. The second half of the album doesn't pack the nightmarish punch that OWB>Years>Ago>Steven>The Awakening packed.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Seriously wrote:I find it very pathetic to have my post removed with no reason given. Have we become so prudish in our old age that we mus protect others sensibilities?
I'll look into it for you but as far as I am aware no one has deleted any of your posts. Also, this kind of complaint should be taken up with a moderator or admin over PM, not posted publicly on the boards.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 pm

The new album is absolutely fantastic. I am so happy.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:21 pm

How anyone can call the album a masterpiece with songs like Ghouls Gone Wild/Caffeine and Discc Bloodbath on it os beyond me. Filler at best.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm

It is his best album in 20 years IMO. Thank God he has managed to crawl out of the heavy metal limbo he has been trapped in all that time.

Aside from a couple of tracks (Caffeine & Ghouls Gone Wild) I love it.

Welcome back Alice!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:How anyone can call the album a masterpiece with songs like Ghouls Gone Wild/Caffeine and Discc Bloodbath on it os beyond me. Filler at best.
"Caffeine' is great. Should have been the single if you ask me.

And I love "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" so it sucks to be you.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:28 pm

I agree the new album is definitely a good one. It is very diverse, so it will be interesting to see what the general reaction to it is. In regards to Vlad's comments, I am going to respectfully disagree with a few of his comments. I think Alice has made a ton of albums every bit as good as WTMN. From the Inside, Dada, The Last Temptation, and Brutal Planet are classic albums in my opinion. I love the fact that Alice has never rested on his past laurels and still puts out quality albums and does quality tours. I know this would never happen and I fully understand the reasons why, but I would actually love to see Alice do a tour that didn't include some of the hits like "School's Out" and others. I think his catalog is so full of good songs, it would be fun to see a tour without those songs.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Awesome Album,I like all ther tracks. Can't wait to get the actual CD in my hands hopefully this comming Tues..As I cancelled my Amazon order yesterday of the CD and placed an order with Best Buy so I could get the trsck "Under The Bed" which isnt on the U.S Amazon order. Can't wait to hear that track as I haven't heard it yet.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Pennypacker
Trash
Trash

Post by Pennypacker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:33 pm

cooperrocks wrote:I agree the new album is definitely a good one. It is very diverse, so it will be interesting to see what the general reaction to it is. In regards to Vlad's comments, I am going to respectfully disagree with a few of his comments. I think Alice has made a ton of albums every bit as good as WTMN. From the Inside, Dada, The Last Temptation, and Brutal Planet are classic albums in my opinion. I love the fact that Alice has never rested on his past laurels and still puts out quality albums and does quality tours. I know this would never happen and I fully understand the reasons why, but I would actually love to see Alice do a tour that didn't include some of the hits like "School's Out" and others. I think his catalog is so full of good songs, it would be fun to see a tour without those songs.
A tour is probably not going to happen but I agree, he should do like a few selected shows just for fans. Perhaps let fans vote for the songs and then Alice could play only those. That would be a dream come true.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:23 pm

If you are a fan of "Nightmare Before Christmas"....you will appreciate Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever....it definitely has a Danny Elfman/Tim Burton twisted animated musical feel to it. WONDERFUL!

If you are a fan of "The Year Without a Santa Claus"--Rankin Bass song "I'm Mister Heat Miser/Snow Miser" from 1974....listen closely because you will hear that same bass line in "Last Man On Earth"---absolutely fantastic.

If you liked Alice Cooper's "Steal That Car" or "Keeping Halloween Alive"....why wouldn't you like Ghouls Gone Wild?....same style....and it's fun.

I can hear some of the same chords of Poison, when I listen to "What Baby Wants"...now you try it. LISTEN!

By the way, there is a song, at the very end of it...you will hear Steven ask.."Excuse me, Sir, Where is the bathroom?" That is hilarious...

LISTEN to this album with no distractions....allow yourself to make pictures in your head for each of the songs.....IT IS SO GREAT!

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Good point, this is the first album I've actually put on, sat down, shut up and listened to for years.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Toatally agree with you Vlad. I love this album. Good to see some others posting something positive for a change. Cant wait until the kids bedtime so i can listen to it again and read through the fanpack.
Boomshanka

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:49 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:How anyone can call the album a masterpiece with songs like Ghouls Gone Wild/Caffeine and Discc Bloodbath on it os beyond me. Filler at best.
"Caffeine' is great. Should have been the single if you ask me.

And I love "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" so it sucks to be you.
I agree 100% Caffeine is THE hit in the album. And DBBF rocks too.
You made me laugh with the final words in your post!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:22 pm

I think "I Am Made Of You" is a song about the beginning of Steven.

Maybe it should be played in this order.....When Hell Comes Home-I am Made of You-Steven....just a thought.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Seriously wrote:I find it very pathetic to have my post removed with no reason given. Have we become so prudish in our old age that we mus protect others sensibilities?
And I think it's "pathetic" that people can`t stick to some simple rules like not swearing on this forum AND like PM'ing a moderator about things like posts being removed if there is an issue.

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Si wrote:
And I think it's "pathetic" that people can`t stick to some simple rules like not swearing on this forum AND like PM'ing a moderator about things like posts being removed if there is an issue.

I guess it's your game and you can apply or change the rules as you want and take your ball home any time, but I suggest that the selective removal is "pathetic".

I made compliment with a mild expletive, I suggest you look at other recent posts and apply the same criteria and while your at it, complain to the local council that they should remove half the books from the shelves as they have naughty words in them. But hey it's your game you can do what you want!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Seriously wrote: I made compliment with a mild expletive,
Ah, so you KNEW why your post was removed. So why mention that no reason was given? Why was it needed when you had knowingly broken the board rules?
Seriously wrote: I suggest you look at other recent posts and apply the same criteria and while your at it, complain to the local council that they should remove half the books from the shelves as they have naughty words in them. But hey it's your game you can do what you want!
Not sure what the local council have got to do with anything. As far as I know they don`t post here, and if they do haven`t been ignoring the rules they had previously agreed to abide by.
If there are other examples that the moderators have missed then by all means point them out by PM (which is the correct way, as you know).

It really isn`t that hard and ithe rule is there for a reason, not just because we are some prudish bunch who can`t take it.

Do you often go to a friends house and start swearing in front of their parents or children? I would hope not.

I apologise to everyone else that this was dragged out here.