If W2MN is successful

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: If W2MN is successful

Post by mestreech » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 am

recoop wrote:If w2mn is successful Alice will eat his top hat and all fans will be happy.
:evil: :clap: :laugh:

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 am

Pennypacker wrote:I do enjoy SOME of the new tracks but honestly speaking I really can't see this album anywhere near TOP 10 or 20.
Of course, our personal opinions do not have any affect on if an album is going to be Top 10 or 20. I wouldn't be surprised if the album makes it to the Top 40 though.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:25 am

The way i look at it is.......ACAS went to #53 on an independent label (SPV).and i can imagine if they would have a top 40 album if they had W2MN.

Now,being on Universal ,with the whole Nightmare hoopla,the Rock & roll Hall of Fame,and a ton more promotion,should that not warrant a Top 20 placing?
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

charlie2times
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by charlie2times » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:38 am

The trouble is in the UK there will be virtually no airplay.
Radio 1 won't play cause he's too old and they rarely play rock music anyway.
Radio 2 because they play mostly easy listening during the day, and virtually no rock/alternative music at all, even though the station is supposed to be for over 30's.
Maybe he'll get played in the evening a bit.
If, however, by some stroke of fortune he makes a playlist, then the whole thing could rocket.

Commercial stations are a big waste of time as they all, barring kerrang and one or 2 others, only play VERY easy listening, coldplay or kings of leon being there one token 'rock' record a day, even though neither is rock.

When poison went big it was played all the time on radio 1, and to get that effect we need to request the airplay

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 am

The Cars ,who i believe don't have a bigger fan base then Alice.(in the US) went to #7 with their recent album "Move like This"
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 am

charlie2times wrote:The trouble is in the UK there will be virtually no airplay.
Radio 1 won't play cause he's too old and they rarely play rock music anyway.
Radio 2 because they play mostly easy listening during the day, and virtually no rock/alternative music at all, even though the station is supposed to be for over 30's.
Maybe he'll get played in the evening a bit.
If, however, by some stroke of fortune he makes a playlist, then the whole thing could rocket.

Commercial stations are a big waste of time as they all, barring kerrang and one or 2 others, only play VERY easy listening, coldplay or kings of leon being there one token 'rock' record a day, even though neither is rock.

When poison went big it was played all the time on radio 1, and to get that effect we need to request the airplay
its a disgrace and thats why I hate music in Britain! To hear Alice on Kerrang got me excited, which in itself is sad as its supposed to be a rock station and all that gets played is Poison once in a blue moon. To be successful you need to get on Radio 1 cause all they play is dross and thats what does well.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm

>its a disgrace and thats why I hate music in Britain!

That is why I keep saying that radio is not as relavant is it used to be and I don't understand why some people still don't get that message. No - one who wants to hear any Alice Cooper material needs to wait to hear that material on the radio because of iTunes, mp3 players, Spotify and other sources.

charlie2times
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by charlie2times » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes, but this is why rock/alternative music is dead in this country, because we're bringing nobody new in, cause it's not getting played anywhere.
on the internet you choose what you listen to, i.e. music you already like, and not stuff you don't know about.
If (potential) new fans don't get to hear/see the new shit, then they're not gonna buy/like it.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 pm

charlie2times wrote:Yes, but this is why rock/alternative music is dead in this country, because we're bringing nobody new in, cause it's not getting played anywhere.
on the internet you choose what you listen to, i.e. music you already like, and not stuff you don't know about.
If (potential) new fans don't get to hear/see the new shit, then they're not gonna buy/like it.
spot on! Too many people have listened to rubbish music and thats what they're used to. The youth of today dont want to go out and find music, they expect music of today to be shown to them. The lucky kids are ones that have parents who are passionate about classic rock such as Alice and without my parents I might never have listened to Alice.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:38 pm

>If (potential) new fans don't get to hear/see the new shit, then they're not gonna buy/like it.

That is my point. Most of the public that used to listen to the radio don't want to hear anything "new". They are too busy listening to stuff they know they already like. That is why the audience for almost every radio station is falling (as well as the fact there are more radio stations than there used to be).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 pm

>The youth of today dont want to go out and find music, they expect music of today to be shown to them.

Why are YouTube, iTunes and Spotify so successul, then? Why was Napster popular? Why is file - sharing popular? On the one hand your saying that radio is not playing what people should be listening to and on the other, you're saying people aren't interested anyway.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:17 pm

shock rock wrote:The Cars ,who i believe don't have a bigger fan base then Alice.(in the US) went to #7 with their recent album "Move like This"
Their first album in 25 years.... and pushed by Rolling Stone.

Certainly, not comparing apples to apples.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

charlie2times
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by charlie2times » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>The youth of today dont want to go out and find music, they expect music of today to be shown to them.

Why are YouTube, iTunes and Spotify so successul, then? Why was Napster popular? Why is file - sharing popular? On the one hand your saying that radio is not playing what people should be listening to and on the other, you're saying people aren't interested anyway.
People are downloading music they know, and not hearing anything they don't know,so they don't get to like any new stuff.

Nearly all the stuff radio 1 plays is dance/boy band music, and radio 2 is nearly all MOR stuff.
The BBc should be made to play ALL new music on one or all of their music stations.
I have to put up with radio2 at work, and i'll hear one, maybe 2 tracks i like in 8 HOURS, and it's all old stuff, except for the latest Will Young or some such shite.
Radio 2 is meant to be for the over 30's, well, every original punk/new wave/alternative/grunge/industrial/thrash/glam/NWOBM/stoner/etc etc fan is over 30, and they play absolutely none of that.
Now that's what i call discrimination!!

I suppose we're lucky to hear any Alice at all.

The only Alice tracks i've heard on the radio for years are Schools out, poison, and the odd elected near election time.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:24 pm

>People are downloading music they know, and not hearing anything they don't know,so they don't get to like any new stuff.

Actually, according to various studies over the years by supporters of Napster and file - sharing, the opposite is true. It is the nature of the internet that searching for one piece of information will lead you to something else, which in turn, leads to something else. That is why people have playlists on iTunes or Spotify that they can share - it's one of the main selling - points of social media. It is the modern equivalent of 'creating a buzz' or 'word of mouth' - you don't have to wait for the radio to tell what you what to investigate. Those filters that we all relied on in the past don't exist anymore and compared to the past, the situation we're in now is almost anarchic. It is for the same reason that almost every review of the album (or any album) is worthless (whether it's a good review or a bad review) because now, anyone with an internet connection can write a review. There is more media than ever before and more information (art, music, films) fighting for exposure, but the pie isn't getting any bigger. All that's happening is the slices of the pie are getting smaller.

>The BBc should be made to play ALL new music on one or all of their music stations.

Write to them and tell them that.

>I have to put up with radio2 at work, and i'll hear one, maybe 2 tracks i like in 8 HOURS, and it's all old stuff, except for the latest Will Young or some such shite.

Shouldn't you be working rather than worrying about what you're being made to listen to?!

>I suppose we're lucky to hear any Alice at all.

It has nothing to do with luck. Unless your hands are chained together, you can pretty much listen to anything you want and at any time you want. The days when the major broadcast media completely dominated what you saw, heard, read and purchased are coming to an end. They will still dominate, but not in the way they did.

charlie2times
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by charlie2times » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I work in a warehouse which has the radio on the speakers, so there is no way to avoid it, unlike most office wallahs who listen to what they like over the radio.

I have written and e-mailed the BBC, getting no response.

What i was really trying to get at is that younger people don't get to hear ANY rock/alternative music, so they can't even begin to like any cause they don't hear it, so won't look it up, google it, or whatever.
So, there won't be another generation of people into rock music if we don't keep the flame burning.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:55 pm

The radio in the UK has always been shite. Young people no longer by cds. I doubt Alice's legacy will die when out because of Radio 1.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 pm

charlie2times wrote:I work in a warehouse which has the radio on the speakers, so there is no way to avoid it, unlike most office wallahs who listen to what they like over the radio.

I have written and e-mailed the BBC, getting no response.

What i was really trying to get at is that younger people don't get to hear ANY rock/alternative music, so they can't even begin to like any cause they don't hear it, so won't look it up, google it, or whatever.
So, there won't be another generation of people into rock music if we don't keep the flame burning.
Young people that i know (and i know alot of young musicians as i run a music studio) simply don't listen to the radio. They discover most of their music via spotify and youtube.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:03 pm

> so they can't even begin to like any cause they don't hear it, so won't look it up, google it, or whatever.

As I already explained, there are other ways to discover new music.

>So, there won't be another generation of people into rock music if we don't keep the flame burning.

There appear to be as many, if not more, concerts and festivals happening than ever, so that is hardly likely to happen.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm

>Young people no longer by cds. I doubt Alice's legacy will die when out because of Radio 1.

Exactly.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Possible chart entry has been mentioned by others..when would be the first week the new album could chart in US and in UK given the different versions and the release dates?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.