Alice Cooper at the Whisky a Go Go--September 15th.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper at the Whisky a Go Go--September 15th.

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:11 pm

I am going! I am going! I am going! I am going! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:32 pm

>and not for the album which isn't even out yet.

It will be by the time the show happens.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:57 pm

A_MichaelUK: "In case anyone has forgotten, Alice is promoting a new solo album."

Yes and it´s the first album in 38 years to include new material written and performed by the original ACG, so it would make perfect sense to have them play. Besides, according to Alice, the set will consist mostly of the classics (along with covers of songs by the bands that influenced Alice) so why not have the guys who co-wrote and recorded most of these classics with Alice play with him?

If Alice doesn´t want to do it, then that´s fine. He has the right to choose whomever he wants to play with.
So do Dennis, Neal and Michael.
I just happen to know that they would love to play with Alice basically anytime, anywhere.

From the recent interviews that I´ve seen with Alice, he seems to be genuinely interested in doing more shows with the original band as well and I sincerely believe him.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:44 pm

>Yes and it´s the first album in 38 years to include new material written and performed by the original ACG, so it would make perfect sense to have them play.

I know, but that's only two or three songs though. As I say, it wouldn't be a horrible idea if the others were there, but it's not the primary focus. It is far better (in my opinion) that at a more appropriate time, they they do an entire set of original band material.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Interesting this as the original members input on welcome 2 (even although ltd) plus the hall of fame gives a marketing oppo imo to do an ACG tour/show with classic stuff and two or three from Welcome 2..theres also no reason why they couldnt play the odd beatles number but with the original groups back catalogue, no padding is needed...and if steve can be available for lead guitar perfect..if not orianthi can maybe hang in there..think welcome 2 will sell ok as an Alice solo album and will also help bring back the ACG(if all want it in group) for a tour..
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 am

So.... Rather than everyone being excited at the announcement of such an amazing show, we're all just gonna bitch about what an arsehole Alice is for ever dreaming of playing a gig without the original band.

Seriously, I'm sick of Alice and his selfish ways. He's given us nothing this last year, whereas the original band have worked tirelessly to keep the Alice brand alive.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:17 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:So.... Rather than everyone being excited at the announcement of such an amazing show, we're all just gonna bitch about what an arsehole Alice is for ever dreaming of playing a gig without the original band.

Seriously, I'm sick of Alice and his selfish ways. He's given us nothing this last year, whereas the original band have worked tirelessly to keep the Alice brand alive.
Hey kid...piss off.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 am

GNDM wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:So.... Rather than everyone being excited at the announcement of such an amazing show, we're all just gonna bitch about what an arsehole Alice is for ever dreaming of playing a gig without the original band.

Hey kid...piss off.
Kid?

Lol

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 am

No, it's a one off show at the Whisky to promote the new album which comes out a couple of days before. Nothing really to do with the current tour.
Sorry, didn't appreciate that. In that case I understand and agree with you and Andy really.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:34 am

Let's not forget you became an Alice fan some time in the nineties I believe and your favourite album is Raise Your Fist And Yell...so for you trying to grasp an understanding as to why Alice should play with the original band at The Whiskey, is beyond your years, kid!!!

As for the original band working tirelessly to keep the Alice brand alive, don't you know your history, they were stripped of that right back in 1974 when Shep and Alice took the brand and ran...

btw, anyone going to the show if you go to the back of the Whiskey there is a pic of Alice from 1969 at the whiskey...(which of course was with the original band...but hey)
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:36 am

GNDM wrote:

Hey kid...piss off.
Look at that GNDM, we agree on something, who knew?
Remember The Coop !!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:01 am

Look at that GNDM, we agree on something, who knew?
Who knows, maybe I am starting to "see" the light.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 pm

>I would LOVE to see the original band play at the Whisky, but that's NOT what this show is about.

Also, it should be remembered that the others have already played at this venue without Alice and I don't recall there being a similar outcry.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:35 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I would LOVE to see the original band play at the Whisky, but that's NOT what this show is about.

Also, it should be remembered that the others have already played at this venue without Alice and I don't recall there being a similar outcry.
Alice was invited and HE chose not to attend. There was (and should not have been) an outcry....it was HIS choice.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 pm

GNDM wrote:
B. I am sure I have pimples on my butt older than you ...KID
It really gives you kicks calling me 'kid' doesn't it?

Whatever floats your boat old timer.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

and by the way, if you have a pimple on your arse that's over 31 years old, you should probably go see a doctor.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm

"Old timer." To you, I suppose so. But I am a year younger than that other "old timer" you idolize. lol

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm

What everyone needs to do is stop talking to each other here about OLD gripes--arguments as old as me (which is 41 years old)----"Alice should get back with old band", "Alice doesn't need the old band!", "Alice's music would be better if he went back to the old group", "The old group is doing wonderful without Alice".....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Is anyone bored with these comments year after year? It's like a broken record.

Do yourselves a favor: make yourself smile by listening to WELCOME 2 MY NIGHTMARE.

THEN, come back to the discussion of how much you appreciate great music by Alice Cooper because he still alive to make it.

YOU KIDS NEED TO PIPE DOWN!
GAILSFRIEND
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:02 pm

>Alice was invited and HE chose not to attend.

That is correct but there still wasn't an army of people complaining that the others were carrying on regardless. Again, I really don't see what the problem is. This show is not a band event.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 pm

41 years, huh? No pimples on my arse that old, but I might have some shoes that are close to that in age.
:laugh: