Alice Cooper at the Whisky a Go Go--September 15th.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper at the Whisky a Go Go--September 15th.

Post by mestreech » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:03 am

I can only say that we are spoiled with all the Alice Cooper stuff and attention. It looks 1973 again!! :rock:

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 am

Few hours ago there were still tickets available as I simulated buying one from the site indicated on ac.com... strange since it seemed that they were sold out by that time.
What a blast that would be to see... I really hope you record every bit of it... maybe hire some pro filming crew for us who will not be there... ha ha
I wish I was born in Beverly Hills... but no, Im way down under.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Ok, I'll say it...where is the original band in all this? wouldn't it be the perfect setting for the original band to play, as it was the band that played there 42 years ago...just saying...
Remember The Coop !!

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 pm

tommystooge wrote;"Ok, I'll say it...where is the original band in all this? wouldn't it be the perfect setting for the original band to play, as it was the band that played there 42 years ago...just saying..."

Good point!
I was wondering myself.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:01 am

Too busy? Unable to travel to L.A? Not invited? Not interested?

The whole thing appears to have been a recent decision, so maybe there was no time to get them out, rehearse, etc. Or maybe they couldn't just drop everything and rush out there for a week.

All kinds of possible reasons....

Hunter

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

Don't often agree with Mr. Stooge....but I second his question this time - 100%.

Scheduling conflicts? I'll buy that. But this is a perfect spot for the original members to get together. Three of them (Michael, Dennis, and Neal) played the Whiskey at the GB Memorial back in 2002(?).
My thinking is there could not be a better setting for the four guys to get together for a one night gig.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 am

This is a great promotional tool,and maybe there will another last minute surprise next week,how about another club concert,in another US city like say NY??
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:26 am

Too busy? Unable to travel to L.A? Not invited? Not interested?

The whole thing appears to have been a recent decision, so maybe there was no time to get them out, rehearse, etc. Or maybe they couldn't just drop everything and rush out there for a week.

All kinds of possible reasons....

Hunter

For what its worth, Dunaways Rock post on Facebook is:
"Dennis, wondering why he's not playing at the Whisky."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:19 am

ThePainAddict wrote:Too busy? Unable to travel to L.A? Not invited? Not interested?............
For what its worth, Dunaways Rock post on Facebook is:
"Dennis, wondering why he's not playing at the Whisky."
Torn between sad and pi$$ed off.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 am

mestreech wrote:I can only say that we are spoiled with all the Alice Cooper stuff and attention. It looks 1973 again!! :rock:
If memory serves...Neal, Dennis, and Michael were there in '73 and are still around....too bad about the Whiskey gig.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:44 am

Again, I think that, if, only IF they wanted to get back together....they would have done it by now.......ESPECIALLY if it were for FINANCIAL reasons. Reunions tend to generate more money...

Now, maybe EMOTIONAL reasons are playing a part in why they haven't resumed musically...

or maybe it is ARTISTIC...they want to play different music than Alice.

or maybe.....just maybe it is PSYCHOLOGICAL....Alice just drives them crazy...or they drive each other crazy or.....or...or...or......

***whatever the reason is, I am okay with it.***because I don't want to pay a higher ticket price just because they got back together. Remember the KISS reunion? just to break up again.....and again...and again...
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:54 am

I don't see any long term reunion happening for many reasons, but it would have been nice to see that mini-tour of the ACG that Alice talked about happen.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:19 am

Ok, I'll say it...where is the original band in all this? wouldn't it be the perfect setting for the original band to play, as it was the band that played there 42 years ago...just saying...
An excellent point - especially with it being the year of their induction to the RRHOF.

I suspect the gig at the 'Whiskey' may be a bit nostalgic for Alice, I appreciate that he re-visits a hell of a lot of venues, but this one represents a very early period for the group - I would love to go to that particular gig just to get a feel (if possible) of what it may have been like back then.

Afterthought: It could have been the original band plus Orianthi (one blonde bombshell in the shoes of the original blonde blomber!?) for that gig - that would have been interesting.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 am

>There's still hope and I am greatful for recent events.

Exactly. In case anyone has forgotten, Alice is promoting a new solo album. The best time for another reunion would have been around the time of The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame event and besides, I strongly believe there will be other opportunities for another reunion show.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am

I think what people are getting that though Andy is that this is the Cooper's first return to 'The Whisky' since 1969 and this is the year of ACG induction into RRHOF (regardless of the ceremony) - both conditions being very apt. NOT that there MAY be other opportunities, I think we appreciate that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:49 am

>I think what people are getting that though Andy is that this is the Cooper's first return to 'The Whisky' since 1969 and this is the year of ACG induction into RRHOF (regardless of the ceremony) -

You don't need to explain the connections. Again, the more appropriate time would have been around the time of "The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame" ceremony (or their appearance at "The Golden Gods" event). It wouldn't have been a disaster if the original band was appearing at next week's show, though.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Regarding the original group playing at the Whisky, Dennis posted these on Facebook:
That was the initial plan back in March but that's not what they've announced.
Of course, all of the original members would love to do it.
Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:33 pm

I love Dennis, but I'm sure if Dennis called Alice up and said "Hey, if I fly out, is it cool for me to join you at the Whisky?" Alice would be only too happy for Dennis to jump up on stage with him there (and any of the guys).
As the show is thousands of miles from where Dennis lives, it would make more sense for him to join Alice at a show closer to his home.
While it is always nicer to be asked, it may not have really occured to Alice and crew to ask them for this specific show as they are promoting W2MN and their new hotshot guitarist.
Just a thought.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Exactly. In case anyone has forgotten, Alice is promoting a new solo album.
Is he though?? This isn't the W2MN tour is it? Or is it? I hope not, I'm expected a proper 'Nightmare' show! I thought this 'No More mr Nice Guy' thing was just 'promotion' in general and not for the album which isn't even out yet. I think the ACG at the Whiskey would have been great regardless of where Dennis lives. Anyway, I'm sure it will be great.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Gunner wrote:
Exactly. In case anyone has forgotten, Alice is promoting a new solo album.
Is he though?? This isn't the W2MN tour is it?
No, it's a one off show at the Whisky to promote the new album which comes out a couple of days before. Nothing really to do with the current tour.