? 2nd song to be pushed / released ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

magicchiz
Trash
Trash

? 2nd song to be pushed / released ?

Post by magicchiz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 pm

We'll any thoughts on the 2nd song to be relased / pushed.

After having heard the album. I think the answer is "I am made of you" Or push the appeal of Kesha and what radio is playing right now with " What baby wants".

I think "I am made of you" has the appeal of "Poison" for the masses.

While "What baby wants" has the appeal of the general to 40 music scene that is going on and big right now.

As for my overall option of the new album: The appeal of Alice has always been in that he can get away with many different styles of music. It all fits. Alice has never just stayed with the status quo. He evolves and chages. It keeps everything fresh for us as fans and him too. People get so worked up over this song and that, that they lose the insight of the message. Personally I feel that fans have ruled this world as a stubling and demented child king long enough! :rotfl: My only gripe is that I dont think alice gave us any new personalities, Like the Black Widow, Cold Ethal, Steven, or even scary things of nightmares. I see where he was going with this album, but as one person put it. It kind of goes back to "Goes To Hell"
Anyway I love it and can't get enough of it! Alice never dissapoint's.

Sorry for any miss-spellings and grammer. Forgive me!

Long live Alice!

magicchiz
Trash
Trash

Re: ? 2nd song to be pushed / released ?

Post by magicchiz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm

sorry ....should say top 40.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I think Alice wanted to get away from the little kids nightmare of steven with those kind of songs (like the black widow) and create more of an adult sequel since Alice fans in the 70s have also grown with the character. But I agree with your thoughts! Can't wait for the new nightmare!

MacGyver
Trash
Trash

Post by MacGyver » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:46 pm

"What Baby Wants" or "The Congregation" should be the next singles.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 pm

MacGyver wrote:"What Baby Wants" or "The Congregation" should be the next singles.
I agree

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 am

With the success of W2MN, I hope there'll be at least another single released.

I think What Baby Wants would be a radio hit!
I really like it (I was skeptical about a duet of Alice with Ke$ha and finally, I do appreciate it! To me, it is a more successful duet than Baby Can't Drive), it makes me want to dance!

I also would like to have Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever or Ghouls Gone Wild as singles: they are so much fun! They could be hits for next spring or summer and I would love to see Alice in a delirious video clip!

Roxanne
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Roxanne » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:59 am

He said somewhere, that "What Baby Wants would be a great single!", so I think it would be the next one!
"But if you talk in the movies I'll kill you right there"

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:52 am

The Australian TV Ads for W2MN state featuring the singles " I'll Bite Your Face Off" and "What Baby Wants'

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh well, I guess it can be assumed as an announcement of what's coming next! And I believe the good charts position should help for a new single release in next weeks :grin:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:49 pm

What Baby Wants hands down!! There is no reason that song shouldn't be a hit. Also, like I and others have said, a video featuring Alice and Ke$ha should be made
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:51 pm

What Baby wants could be played on many stations as well rock and pop

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:43 pm

homerx wrote:What Baby wants could be played on many stations as well rock and pop
The stations that currently play Alice in the US, which is pretty much relegated solely to Classic Rock stations, won't touch this song.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Really ? I think the stations around here would play the hell out of it. There is just something about that song that has big radio hit writen all over it

- ALICE COOPER

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:17 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:Really ? I think the stations around here would play the hell out of it. There is just something about that song that has big radio hit writen all over it
What stations exactly? I'm virtually certain my local classic rock station that plays Alice wouldn't touch it.

None of the other stations in town play any Alice Cooper.

Your city might be different, but corporate radio is pretty cookie cutter and I suspect that the song wouldn't get played very much unless by some miracle it could cross over and get played on stations that currently play Ke$ha, which I doubt.

I thought "Caffeine" should have been the first single.... so maybe it should be the second single.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:50 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:Really ? I think the stations around here would play the hell out of it. There is just something about that song that has big radio hit writen all over it
What stations exactly? I'm virtually certain my local classic rock station that plays Alice wouldn't touch it.

None of the other stations in town play any Alice Cooper.

Your city might be different, but corporate radio is pretty cookie cutter and I suspect that the song wouldn't get played very much unless by some miracle it could cross over and get played on stations that currently play Ke$ha, which I doubt.

I thought "Caffeine" should have been the first single.... so maybe it should be the second single.
Well to be honest, the local radio stations don't usually play new Alice. They will of course play Schools Out and a few of the others but for the most part thats it. That being said, not since Poison has Alice released a song that really has that much of a "hit single" sound as this one. It's a perfect mix of rock and pop and I just think people would be all over it.

- ALICE COOPER

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Heck, even if the Rock stations don't play it, I bet some of the "music on shuffle" type stations or pop stations will, if not just for the fact that Kesha is on it. Ya never can tell!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:37 pm

I would love to see some of it on the local Rock station. Metallica gets a bit old after awhile. Not to say they are bad but every 5 songs or more.

I think the Congregation could work well. As it has rob Zombie. they play a lot of his Music here as well.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:33 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Heck, even if the Rock stations don't play it, I bet some of the "music on shuffle" type stations or pop stations will, if not just for the fact that Kesha is on it. Ya never can tell!
I agree 100%

- ALICE COOPER