Alice on Jay Leno-Friday, Sep.9

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice on Jay Leno-Friday, Sep.9

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 am

Just chewed her gum and looked bored to be there.
I know, sexy and cool wasn't it?? ;) :love:

Yeah, Coop sounded like he was straining - I think he needs to take the odd day off, he's ridiculously busy - especially for his age and his 'occupation'.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 am

They seemed to be trying to do the single edit of the song as well which is a shame although understandable.
I'm glad you mentioned that, forgive my ignorance, but is the only difference that the keyboard section is edited for the single version? I MUCH MUCH prefer the 'single' version where it cuts from the guitar solo to the faster keyboard line, it's much more dynamic and creates more tension. Also, on this version on the Leno show, they played the keyboard line on the guitar - NO, NO, NO!!!!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:16 pm

I prefer the live version to be honest. But then I heard that a lot before the album version so it was more familiar.
HArd to play the keyboard version live at the moment, as there isn`t a keyboard on stage....

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 pm

for me the lack of keyboard stopped it sounding a bit too much like the Who on that musical section(obviously the whole song pays homage to the Stones)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Si wrote:I prefer the live version to be honest. But then I heard that a lot before the album version so it was more familiar.
HArd to play the keyboard version live at the moment, as there isn`t a keyboard on stage....
I totally agree. I first heard the studio version when it came out & liked it but when I seen Alice live in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago the song sounded so much better live & then the same thing on Leno.

The one thing about the Leno performance was as the song began the camera man should've zoomed in on Alice walking backward. When I seen him live he walked backwards to the front of the stage so every one could read the back of his jacket which read "New Song" (his way of introducing a new song)

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:46 am

I don't know what people are moaning about Alice didn't sound that bad,Steve Hunter great solo and Orianthi looked and sounded good, she is the Jennifer Batten of her time and if you haven't seen Jennifer play have a look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNQK9RpOloc
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:02 am

Because some people are just nit picky lately.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"