Alice on Jay Leno-Friday, Sep.9

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice on Jay Leno-Friday, Sep.9

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:13 am

No energy, no chemistry, no excitment, no fun. The live show has has become nothing but shtick and posing this year. Damon was smart to leave when he did. Replacing Keri with Tommy was the "Jump The Shark" moment.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 am

Jumping Jack wrote:No energy, no chemistry, no excitment, no fun. The live show has has become nothing but shtick and posing this year. Damon was smart to leave when he did. Replacing Keri with Tommy was the "Jump The Shark" moment.
You are maybe true in some point , but "no energy" ? What ?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 am

>For this song to be the Stone's tribute that Alice say's it is his vocal needs to be a bit smoother.

He was referring to the song itself and the guitar sound, not the "vocal".

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:33 am

The Tonight Show will be on Monday Sep 12th 11.00 pm UK

SKY - 505

FREESAT - 210

VIRGIN - 613
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:No energy, no chemistry, no excitment, no fun. The live show has has become nothing but shtick and posing this year. Damon was smart to leave when he did. Replacing Keri with Tommy was the "Jump The Shark" moment.
Interesting. Which shows have you seen with this line up?
A single song TV appearance (with iffy sound) isn`t exactly the best thing to judge a band on, especially when it's the first performance with a new guitarist.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey I loved the performance and think Orianthi will definitely fit in with the Coop...I loved the performance and thought it was full of energy...loved seeing Jay hold the vinyl and give the brief intro of the album...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Must say I wasn`t bowled over by it. The sound didn`t seem that great (as with most rock on TV) and I'm not sure they have settled in yet, but then it's only been one song so plenty of time yet.
They seemed to be trying to do the single edit of the song as well which is a shame although understandable.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Makes me wonder how many knew it was the Vinyl and how many thought it was just a place card.

I thought they did well. Orianthi seemed to catch on to the song well. I think after a a show or two you'll see more movement. song may have just been learned a few days ago. i recorded it and have watched a few times now

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 pm

homerx wrote:I think after a a show or two you'll see more movement.
Also with a bigger stage. They don't get much room on Leno. I could see Tommy trying to hop around, but there was only so much he could do. Usually, he's all over.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:34 pm

I thougt the vocals were a little rough around the edges but the one and done TV performances are usually not the best way to judge a band. I like Orianthi. She has serious chops and will be a great addition to the live show. I too miss Keri but I also miss Ryan. Heck, I miss Mike Pinera too but that is a fact of life since the breakup of the origonal band. At least Alice always finds top shelf players that fit. And that includes Tommy. And after seeing Alice a couple of weeks back, I found the opposite to be true of what the poster said about the show being schick and posing. I thought it was one of the better ones I have seen and I have seen him since the mid 70's. This new show was very tight and aggressive. The third guitarist idea has really beefed up the live performance.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm sold. I thought everyone looked and sounded just great! As far as being critical of the man's voice, count your blessings! Not many performers are able to sell it like that at age 63.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Keri was replaced by Steve Hunter a legendary guitarist so what are you talking about with your jump the shark nonsense? talk about jumping the gun. Tommy primarily a rhythm player as part of a 3 guitar line up gives the band a solid base and having played and written on Alice's best album in decades is hardly a jump the shark moment!

Think Alice, Bob and co know what they are doing don't you?!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Lose the gum, little lady.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:02 pm

GNDM wrote:Lose the gum, little lady.
My thoughts, too. Eric Singer tends to chew gum when playing with KISS (I don't remember him doing it with Alice), and it's really annoying.

Hunter

Pennypacker
Trash
Trash

Post by Pennypacker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Alice sounded horrible. He should've took a day or so off to let his voice get back to normal. Though with his touring schedule that might be hard. :grin: Otherwise it was okay. Yes I know he's 63 but I know also that he can sound so much better live.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:05 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>For this song to be the Stone's tribute that Alice say's it is his vocal needs to be a bit smoother.

He was referring to the song itself and the guitar sound, not the "vocal".
No he wasn't, he was referring to the entire song!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Although I wasn't bowled over by the performance there was definately plenty of energy in it. Perhaps that was part of the problem that such an energetic performance was constrained by such a small space. I'm sure that on a big stage and with a few more performances Orianthi will find her stage persona within the band. Maybe she is going for the Bill Wyman approach.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:21 pm

I couldnt view link provided by James 9first time i have had problem)..could see earlier Orianthi backstage vid..any tips(jay leno site says I am out of region)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:59 pm

I still cant find the stream of the performance....
grrrrrr. Damn you region restrictions. In you tube I've found this creppy guy who shows at least few seconds of it... nothing else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDBxtp0g5o
But it's awful to watch...

Could someone provide a nice good link to watch it?

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:03 pm

recoop wrote:I couldnt view link provided by James 9first time i have had problem)..could see earlier Orianthi backstage vid..any tips(jay leno site says I am out of region)
Just tried my link again and it still works ok for me. Did you try going directly to blabbermouth.net?
Boomshanka