Orianthi as new guitarist

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Orianthi as new guitarist

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:34 am

her name is too hard to pronounce. paging mike bruce.

seriously-very cool idea! :rock:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 am

The most important thing is she can play. Have followed her career for a while she jammed with Carlos Santana who is one of her influences (from her Dads record collection) so as well as having Steve Vai (another influence) guitar chops, she has a strong sense of melody. A mixture of the old and new and a PR master stroke from the Cooper camp.

Anyone who saw the film of her rehearsing for the Michael Jackson tour before he died could not have failed to be impressed by her playing, just like when he used Jennifer Batten in his band (I saw her play on the Bad tour and she was hot) Alice Cooper has signed a new superstar of the guitar world and she is going to blow people away, great news!

:rock:
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 am

http://youtu.be/XKHthNMoMzA

PR masterstroke and great guitarist as Steven and others have said..some evidence above
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:04 am

Hope this is true shes a great player. Take a look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDl5iur ... re=related
Boomshanka

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 am

She can play !! :rock:

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:10 am

she's amazing,but it should be quite the task to learn alice's set list this quick! something tells me she's up to it!

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Suspiria wrote:Female guitarist in the band? That's pretty cool.
Oh! He's copying Michael... in every sense of the word! :grin:

Nightmare13
Trash
Trash

Post by Nightmare13 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 pm

scotty wrote:her name is too hard to pronounce. paging mike bruce.

seriously-very cool idea! :rock:
From the interviews and etc i have seen with her, you pronounce her name or-e-aunt-he

Hope that helps ;)

I also would like to add that i think this is beyond cool. A great new and fresh dynamic change to the band (not there was anything wrong) plus this young woman can play incredibly well.

I hope they do a recording, a dvd of a live show, or something. I know she has her own thing but, this just adds to a great year for us Alice fans.
"You Trap.... You KILL.... You Eat!"

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Not that anyone asked but....I would have preferred Nancy Wilson or Lita Ford. It's an age thing.
:)

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 pm

PatrickS77 wrote:
Suspiria wrote:Female guitarist in the band? That's pretty cool.
Oh! He's copying Michael... in every sense of the word! :grin:
just like he copied Alice getting Vincent Price
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:50 pm

scotty wrote:she's amazing,but it should be quite the task to learn alice's set list this quick! something tells me she's up to it!
she's got over 3 weeks until Australia, I've tweeted her asking if she's doing the European leg, I would hope and think so but you never know in this business she has got a solo career but this is something else especially as she must have been devastated to not get to do the Jackson tour after his death.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 am

GNDM wrote:Not that anyone asked but....I would have preferred Nancy Wilson or Lita Ford. It's an age thing.
:)
Lita Ford would have been cool too, I think when she burst on the scene with Joan Jett in the Runaways and then went solo people really started to take female lead guitarists more seriously. Having played guitar in a girl band once upon a time I know what an inspiration she was for the female guitarist who was determined to be a Lita Ford clone!

Kiss Me Deadly is still a great song!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2209r ... adly_music

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 am

I think Orianthi joining the band is cool as hell. It's shows that there are no boundaries for who can play with Alice Cooper. As it should be.

While Alice has always had great players, I've felt for a while that using a lot of hair metal / metal players threatened to stereotype Alice a bit. While in reality, Alice Cooper transcends all of that.

Getting Steve Hunter back in the mix and adding Tommy Henricksen was one step away from that and this is another.

Very cool.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I think Orianthi joining the band is cool as hell. It's shows that there are no boundaries for who can play with Alice Cooper. As it should be.

While Alice has always had great players, I've felt for a while that using a lot of hair metal / metal players threatened to stereotype Alice a bit. While in reality, Alice Cooper transcends all of that.

Getting Steve Hunter back in the mix and adding Tommy Henricksen was one step away from that and this is another.

Very cool.
I agree with you. Well said.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:44 am

I'm so curious to see how this will pan out. Very cool idea to ad a woman to the band... too much testosterone up there! <- that's meant to be a joke just in case.

Goes with the trend of the band getting younger and younger, not that I mind, it's just that I realised that Orianthi was just a toddler when I became a Coop fan. So cool to see a whole new generation there!

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Personally I think she´s a very good guitar player and an excellent choice for Alice´s current band.
Along with Ryan Roxie and Keri Kelli, I think she´s the coolest guitar player that Alice has had for a long time.
I must admit however, I miss the golden years of the ACG when the Alice Cooper band actually looked dangerous!
IMO there will never be anyone who can fill Glen Buxton´s shoes when it comes to charisma and straight rock´n´roll attitude. Glen Buxton lived, drank, smoked and breathed rock´n´roll!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes, she can play of course - main thing, but it would be nice for the guys in a rock crowd to have some 'eye candy' for a change!!! :clap: :love: ;)

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 pm

DIMMA wrote:Personally I think she´s a very good guitar player and an excellent choice for Alice´s current band.
Along with Ryan Roxie and Keri Kelli, I think she´s the coolest guitar player that Alice has had for a long time.
I must admit however, I miss the golden years of the ACG when the Alice Cooper band actually looked dangerous!
IMO there will never be anyone who can fill Glen Buxton´s shoes when it comes to charisma and straight rock´n´roll attitude. Glen Buxton lived, drank, smoked and breathed rock´n´roll!
I totally agree with you.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 pm

I would love to see this become permanent, I think it would be really cool
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

cbv20
Trash
Trash