The story of 'Alice'.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

The story of 'Alice'.

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Was listening to 'I Am Made Of You' earlier (which i am totally addicted to at the moment) and it got me thinking about what/who is 'Alice Cooper', as the song seems to be about the birth of Alice or atleast the birth of Alice's/Vince's beliefs.

Alice always talks about him as a 'character', so i was wondering if he has ever tried to create a 'back story' for him? If he were to do an album about 'Alice' in the 3rd person, what kind of story do you think it would be? Where did he come from and why did he end up the way he is? Is Steven simply a creation in Alice's mind or are they separate people?

Sorry if it sounds like i'm talking nonsense and apologies if this has been discussed before (i couldn't find anything with a quick search). Just thought it could make an interesting concept.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: The story of 'Alice'.

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 pm

I've only heard the sample, but I noticed that the lyrics seemed like a metaphor for birth/creation. Your point stands to reason.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 pm

There used to be an Ouija board story way back didn't there?

Isn't Steven the alter ego of Alice (or vice-versa)?

Having said that, he did tell me that it is me.

:alice:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:02 pm

The creative process type thing rather seems to be the direction I see it going in. Especially with this lyric, "And forever you're the singer, I'm the song."
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 am

The story of Alice goes like this, 5 teens started a band in high school, they tried many different names and finally decided to go with something people weren't expecting like Alice Cooper, they decided that maybe the singer should take the name as well. They made up a story that a ouiji board spelled out that Vince was Alice, The band became very popular and the singer became the star, the others got pushed aside and Alice took all the glory...but then again no one here wants to hear that story...
Remember The Coop !!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am

tommystooge wrote:The story of Alice goes like this, 5 teens started a band in high school, they tried many different names and finally decided to go with something people weren't expecting like Alice Cooper, they decided that maybe the singer should take the name as well. They made up a story that a ouiji board spelled out that Vince was Alice, The band became very popular and the singer became the star, the others got pushed aside and Alice took all the glory...but then again no one here wants to hear that story...
And your source is?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:21 am

the others got pushed aside and Alice took all the glory
The problem with that is that during the singer's 'solo' career he has demonstrated that he made the major major major contribution to what/who Alice is and, how he thinks etc - now that is NOT 'All the glory'!!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:25 am

tommystooge wrote:The story of Alice goes like this, 5 teens started a band in high school, they tried many different names and finally decided to go with something people weren't expecting like Alice Cooper, they decided that maybe the singer should take the name as well. They made up a story that a ouiji board spelled out that Vince was Alice, The band became very popular and the singer became the star, the others got pushed aside and Alice took all the glory...but then again no one here wants to hear that story...
Please re-read my post. I was asking about the story of 'Alice' the character. What would be the fictional 'back story' of the character if someone were to write a book/album/broadway show about it?

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 am

Well done WYM for getting ithe thread back on track, I for one can't be bothered with another day of postings bickering back and forth on a mute point. As to the Alice back story. Well is Alice a character is Steven's mind? Is he the twisted Altered ego like the Green Goblin? is he the charming killer like Hannibal Lector? Alice has taken the character down so many avenues. Should we just accept that Alice IS rather than how he became? When, in Hannibal Rising, we found out how Lectors wartime experiences had turned him into what it became, it took away the mystique and enigmatic quality of the character. Having said that a musical based on Nightmare would be fantastic! Surely better than 'we will rock you.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:56 am

Ooooops I mean WHW! :blush: sorry mate.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Please re-read my post. I was asking about the story of 'Alice' the character. What would be the fictional 'back story' of the character if someone were to write a book/album/broadway show about it?
Alice was a 16th Century witch burned at the stake...as Alice commented back in the day...back on track...
Remember The Coop !!

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Is Steven simply a creation in Alice's mind or are they separate people?
In the first part of the "Welcome 2 My Nightmare : Radio Special" released today, around 10', Alice talks about Steven, saying it could everyone little boy, it could also be Alice's child, its identity remains undetermined.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm

tommystooge wrote: Alice was a 16th Century witch burned at the stake...as Alice commented back in the day...back on track...
I still don't think you've grasped the topic of this thread.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Let's see, as a beginning Alice/Steven seems to have had a bit of a troubled childhood with an abusive father who he killed (when hell comes home) throughout his life he has struggled with a split personality disorder and been plagued by terrible nightmares. As he grew older he often struggled to tell the difference between reality and dreams, or between being a boy or a man. He grew partial to a bit of the old in out in out with dead bodies and eventually became a serial killer.
Boomshanka

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 pm

>If he were to do an album about 'Alice' in the 3rd person, what kind of story do you think it would be?

That could end up being the strangest thing he's ever done.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

I would be up for that, it would be truely bizarre (which I think is a good thing)
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER