Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Re: W2MN - Audio samples of all songs - Big Spoiler Alert

Post by tommystooge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:48 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
tommystooge wrote:
Ya, I agree, it sounds like The Eyes 2 Alice Cooper...not like Welcome 2 My Nightmare...
Have to disagree with this, there are only a couple of tracks which are similar to anything off Eyes.
tommystooge wrote: ...Already disappointed, not impressed with the cheap trick to connect it to WTMN, by incorporating bits from Steven and Only Women Bleed.
Have you heard the entire album yet?
No, have you?

This is my opinion from the samples i heard.
Remember The Coop !!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:56 pm

If you look through the threads you will be able to see the excellent review that While Heaven Wept wrote for the album.
Boomshanka

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:59 pm

I just listened to the samples again. I think the song I'm most excited about is I Am Made of You. What a unique sound. So moving, it cuts right to my emotional core. Just that 30 second clip makes me want to cry.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Gunner wrote: Now, where is that clown that was telling me that I was setting myself up for a disappointment??
I have no doubt, no matter what, that you will declare this the greatest AC album of all time just to prove you were finally 'right' and that improved technology resulted in this album exceeding the original. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And name calling is against the TOS.
You don't know me, and I'm very difficult to please (entertainment-wise) and very analytical (you should have worked that out by now here!!!) - if I don't like something you will know about it! I don't like "I'll bite your face off" and am not keen on what I have heard of "Caffeine", BUT for samples, the album sounds very promising indeed.

It is bound to be good, bringing 'the nightmare' into 2011 with Bob Ezrin, modern technology and other major guest stars, that's all I am/was saying. I don't think it will be better than the original, but it may be IN SOME WAYS! I may be wrong, I may not like it - you will find out. I'm not petty and have no desire to be 'right' at all - whatever that is exactly! The value of a recording is subjective to an individual. I just think this new album seems to have ALL the ingredients of pleasing me as an individual, that's all I have said and judging from the samples I am correct. Please don't read any more into than that, thanks.

BTW, sorry if 'Clown' was construed as being name calling.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Gunner, having read your hopes and expectations for this album, I'm confident you will love it. Caffeine isn't one of my favourite tracks but it sounds much better in context with the album.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Quite surprised about your opinion on Caffeine cos out of the three songs that I have heard the whole way through (IBYFO and gotta get out of here) it's the one I like the most, in fact I think that it's a superb song. But that is what these forums are all about, everyone expressing their opinions. As has been said many times in the last few days, it could all change when put in the context of the whole album.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Dont know if this is the right thread to put this on but I notice that Caffeine has just been removed from youtube for copyright reasons.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm

That`s because posting it to YouTube is illegal, as we have been saying for some time. No Surprise.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Well in that case I for one am darned glad that they removed it. :clap:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Gunner wrote: It is bound to be good, bringing 'the nightmare' into 2011 with Bob Ezrin, modern technology and other major guest stars, that's all I am/was saying. I don't think it will be better than the original, but it may be IN SOME WAYS!
I agree with these sentiments, but it's not what you said before. In fact, before you said you "expected it to be better" when I said something to the effect of keeping expectations in check.

I'm looking forward to this album greatly and enjoying what I've heard so far.

It doesn't have to be better than the original for me to enjoy the heck out of it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Si wrote:That`s because posting it to YouTube is illegal, as we have been saying for some time. No Surprise.
True.

However, I think they may be better served leaving at least the single up on YouTube as it serves as a great promotional tool these days given the ease of posting embedded YouTube links to Facebook pages.

I can't tell you how many things I've discovered seeing YouTube vids my friends posted to their walls.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:50 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Gunner, having read your hopes and expectations for this album, I'm confident you will love it. Caffeine isn't one of my favourite tracks but it sounds much better in context with the album.
Caffeine is the favorite track I've heard so far along with "I Gotta Get Outta Here".

I do think the studio version of "I'll Bite Your Face Off" is terrific though. Extremely well produced and the musicianship is through the roof.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote: However, I think they may be better served leaving at least the single up on YouTube as it serves as a great promotional tool these days given the ease of posting embedded YouTube links to Facebook pages.

I can't tell you how many things I've discovered seeing YouTube vids my friends posted to their walls.
Couldn`t agree with you more.
Presumably the video will be posted officially this evening so that will serve the purpose, presenting the song as they wish rather then leaving it to a random person.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Si wrote:Presumably the video will be posted officially this evening so that will serve the purpose, presenting the song as they wish rather then leaving it to a random person.
Great move.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Gunner, having read your hopes and expectations for this album, I'm confident you will love it. Caffeine isn't one of my favourite tracks but it sounds much better in context with the album.
Caffeine is the favorite track I've heard so far along with "I Gotta Get Outta Here".

I do think the studio version of "I'll Bite Your Face Off" is terrific though. Extremely well produced and the musicianship is through the roof.
Have you heard 'under the bed' yet?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

I also Resisted ..TEMPTATION when I saw the samples posted on amazon.de. Cause I did hear the two Samples posted a couple of days ago from the IBYFO single "I'll bite Your Face Off and"Caffeine" and I loved the album version of IBYFO and loved caffeine was one of the best AC songs I have heard In a long time.I read While Heaven Wept's Review and his review was great It really described the song and what style the songs are in and what they sound like from the review it sounds like the whole album is amazing and one of Aliee's best album probably in over 30 years.Great review While Heaven Wept. After reading WHW'S review. It made me want to listen to the audio samples even more but I didn't I stuck to my guns again and Resisted and I'm glad I did and didn't ruin it for myself.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: Have you heard 'under the bed' yet?
How does one go about hearing it?

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>See above. I said 1998 and was corrected. It was 1997. He was just quoting my original error.

You had already corrected it though, so he didn't really have to repeat it. Also, I think the name of the previous tour didn't include the "For Summer" part but I would need to check some documentation.
That's because I'd quoted the original message, which I was in the process of drafting while Si corrected it

:yawn:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:15 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote: Have you heard 'under the bed' yet?
How does one go about hearing it?
Good point!

Well all ill say is....... It's epic!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:32 pm

>That's because I'd quoted the original message, which I was in the process of drafting while Si corrected it

There was eight minutes between the post from Si and your post, so if what you say is true, there was enough time for you to see his correction before you posted (and if you're really that bored as your emoticon indicated, there was no need for you to respond).