W2MN - Audio samples of all songs - Big Spoiler Alert

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN - Audio samples of all songs - Big Spoiler Alert

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: Have you heard 'under the bed' yet?
We get it, you've heard the album. Congratulations.

Of course I've not heard it as the vast majority of us haven't since it's not being released until next month. No need to keep asking everyone who comments if we've heard things that haven't been released. Others have heard the album and are not doing that.

At some point, you start coming off like a braggart.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:
How does one go about hearing it?
Good luck with that. He's just interested in letting us all know he's heard it time and time again.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
We get it, you've heard the album. Congratulations.

Of course I've not heard it as the vast majority of us haven't since it's not being released until next month. No need to keep asking everyone who comments if we've heard things that haven't been released. Others have heard the album and are not doing that.

At some point, you start coming off like a braggart.
Whooooahh!! Chill out! I think you're reading too much into what i said! I forgot that 'Under The Bed' was a bonus track so was a little surprised that it hadn't been mentioned in others comments as for me it's one of the best songs on the album.

And i wouldn't call myself a 'braggart' as i only heard the thing once, i don't own it yet.

Apologies though if it sounded like i was being a show-off, i just wanted to join in and escalate the excitement around the album.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: Apologies though if it sounded like i was being a show-off, i just wanted to join in and escalate the excitement around the album.
Sure, no problem at all. Sorry if I bit your face off.

I am looking forward to hearing the bonus tracks... all of 'em!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:43 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote: Apologies though if it sounded like i was being a show-off, i just wanted to join in and escalate the excitement around the album.
Sure, no problem at all. Sorry if I bit your face off.

I am looking forward to hearing the bonus tracks... all of 'em!
Haha no worries! Glad we can still be friends, i like reading and appreciate all your posts.

We've been really spoilt with all these bonus tracks.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>That's because I'd quoted the original message, which I was in the process of drafting while Si corrected it

There was eight minutes between the post from Si and your post, so if what you say is true, there was enough time for you to see his correction before you posted (and if you're really that bored as your emoticon indicated, there was no need for you to respond).
What do you mean 'if what you say is true'? You calling me a liar NetCop?

Anyhoo... back on topic chaps. Sorry Si.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 pm

>You calling me a liar NetCop?

I believe you are "busted", as our American friends might say.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Not so. I had the text area up and was typing away, then nipped off to do something with my son (who I wanted to call Vincent... or Edgar. My wife liked neither, so we settled on Jake).

:)

When I returned I hit the submit key, got an alert saying the thread had new posts, just hit submit instead of scanning what had been posted.

Simple as that. No busts here you crazy fool (as our American friends might also say).

Anyway, really liking these samples. Looking forward to getting my Classic Rock pack even more now. What, with this and the new Tom Waits album what a way to end a year!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:33 pm

> I had the text area up and was typing away, then nipped off to do something with my son (who I wanted to call Vincent... or Edgar. My wife liked neither, so we settled on Jake).

I think that's a bit too much information.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 pm

The samples are interesting to say the least. One way to describe my feelings would be that for ex. Muscle of Love Album, one of the stand out tracks for me personally was "Crazy Little Child" because it was something unexpected and outside of his usual norm of how he sounds. (and the whole band for that matter). It seems the whole album is made up of "Crazy Little Childs" or "Children" if you prefer)

From what it looks like so far, and I haven't heard it all yet but so far it looks like I will appreciate this record on a bit of a different level. It won't be the norm of what we might expect from Alice but, I think it is a creative step in different directions. Which does give Alice the chance to show off his diversity. So far, little of what I have heard sounds "normal" to me. And, at this point I'm kind of happy about that. But after a while however, after the initial humour wears off, I'm not sure how many times I will be listening to Disco bloodbath. Yes, it is funny, and different and we have to give him credit for surprising even the sick things.

We'll see I guess. At least it isn't predictable and you gotta love that!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 am

Darren wrote:The samples are interesting to say the least. One way to describe my feelings would be that for ex. Muscle of Love Album, one of the stand out tracks for me personally was "Crazy Little Child" because it was something unexpected and outside of his usual norm of how he sounds. (and the whole band for that matter). It seems the whole album is made up of "Crazy Little Childs" or "Children" if you prefer)

From what it looks like so far, and I haven't heard it all yet but so far it looks like I will appreciate this record on a bit of a different level. It won't be the norm of what we might expect from Alice but, I think it is a creative step in different directions. Which does give Alice the chance to show off his diversity. So far, little of what I have heard sounds "normal" to me. And, at this point I'm kind of happy about that. But after a while however, after the initial humour wears off, I'm not sure how many times I will be listening to Disco bloodbath. Yes, it is funny, and different and we have to give him credit for surprising even the sick things.

We'll see I guess. At least it isn't predictable and you gotta love that!
Very well said, I agree with much of that, it's the diversity on this album that i really respect. More than anything, this album is GREAT fun, something that can be in short supply in the world these days.

MovieDemon
Trash
Trash

Post by MovieDemon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:50 pm

I've listened to the iTunes samples and my first reaction is one of disappointment. I was hoping for something more in line with the first Welcome To My Nightmare. Hopefully, the full length album grows on me.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

I know what you mean. I'm afraid that my reaction when I first heard about it was one of dread. I read a bunch of stuff and then got excited. Then listened to the samples and liked them.

However, I think it is starting to sound more like a 'Goes 2 Hell' than a 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare' (yeah, I've listened to the samples a lot). Probably because I feel like Goes to Hell is a more eclectic work than Nightmare.

Who knows, once I get the album I may change my mind (again)!

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> I had the text area up and was typing away, then nipped off to do something with my son (who I wanted to call Vincent... or Edgar. My wife liked neither, so we settled on Jake).

I think that's a bit too much information.
Can't win with you!

I thought it would be funny, the Vincent bit, y'know...

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Anyone else having problems listening to the samples on i tunes. I just want to hear a bad situation but it does not want to work.
Boomshanka

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:05 pm

James1981 wrote:Anyone else having problems listening to the samples on i tunes. I just want to hear a bad situation but it does not want to work.
I have the same problem, i think it might be a problem with my iTunes account.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
James1981 wrote:Anyone else having problems listening to the samples on i tunes. I just want to hear a bad situation but it does not want to work.
Maybe its karma making us wait for that one song as we have both heard the rest of the album!!
Boomshanka

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 pm

James1981 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
Maybe its karma making us wait for that one song as we have both heard the rest of the album!!
Haha. Now that you've said that, i'm gonna wait until it's released for the tracks i'm yet to hear. Gotta leave some kind of excitement!

Having said that, i'm still really excited to get my hands on the fanpack and vinyl.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Im really excited to get the fanpack so i can hear under the bed. From what you say it sounds like a great track.
Boomshanka

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 pm

I am made of you will be my favorite, for sure. I love that kind of sound. It's not addictive, it's haunting.
And my second one so far, is caffeine.