W2MN - Audio samples of all songs - Big Spoiler Alert

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN - Audio samples of all songs - Big Spoiler Alert

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Man...reading these comments is really making me excited to hear the songs! (No, I have not listened to the samples. I'm waiting.)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:47 pm

>but the 'School's Out For Summer 1998' had the '1998' bit on the end possibly making it a 're-imagining'

There was no such thing. That was the "Rock N' Roll Carnival Tour".

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 pm

See above. I said 1998 and was corrected. It was 1997. He was just quoting my original error.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:22 pm

>See above. I said 1998 and was corrected. It was 1997. He was just quoting my original error.

You had already corrected it though, so he didn't really have to repeat it. Also, I think the name of the previous tour didn't include the "For Summer" part but I would need to check some documentation.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:46 pm

heard

caffeine, runaway train, i gotta get outta here, ill bite your face off in full

really good stuff, this album could be his best in a very long time.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:01 pm

I have heard and watched IBYFO, but only because that is now part of the set list, as for the album itself, not really bothering with it until it is officially released, have you lot no patience?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

MacGyver
Trash
Trash

Post by MacGyver » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:27 pm

No patience whatsoever! :)

I've been looking forward to this album for a very long time. I have very high hopes. Admittingly, IBYFO and Caffeine have let me down a bit, but I still have high hopes for the rest of the album! :alice:

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm not sure what everyone's beef is. I played the 4 tracks from the radio show for 3 of my friends - two are converts to casual fandom since I talked them into seeing Alice live with me. The other straightup dislikes Alice. Runaway Train blew them all away, especially the Alice-hater. Caffeine did the same, as did IBYFO.

As for me, I think all 3 are fantastic. And as far as the samples, everything sounds awesome except for "ghouls gone wild" which sounds like Monster mash-style schlock.

I love the second half of "Gotta get outta here", but I dislike the abrupt transition from verse to chorus. Regardless, these 4 tracks, plus the samples, it's obvious this album is at least as good and most likely better than his last 5 albums (not even including ACAS - ugh!) and that's good enough for me!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Gunner wrote: Now, where is that clown that was telling me that I was setting myself up for a disappointment??
I have no doubt, no matter what, that you will declare this the greatest AC album of all time just to prove you were finally 'right' and that improved technology resulted in this album exceeding the original. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And name calling is against the TOS.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:53 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:Stoked. Sounds awesome. I'd say in terms of production, sounds quite a bit like Eyes of Alice. Not complaining ;)
Ya, I agree, it sounds like The Eyes 2 Alice Cooper...not like Welcome 2 My Nightmare...

...Already disappointed, not impressed with the cheap trick to connect it to WTMN, by incorporating bits from Steven and Only Women Bleed.

Alice should just do the album he promised the Original band after the break up, but never did...but that's another thread for another day.
Remember The Coop !!

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 pm

tommystooge wrote:
TeresofBlood wrote:Stoked. Sounds awesome. I'd say in terms of production, sounds quite a bit like Eyes of Alice. Not complaining ;)
Ya, I agree, it sounds like The Eyes 2 Alice Cooper...not like Welcome 2 My Nightmare...

...Already disappointed, not impressed with the cheap trick to connect it to WTMN, by incorporating bits from Steven and Only Women Bleed.

Alice should just do the album he promised the Original band after the break up, but never did...but that's another thread for another day.
1.) He was talking production wise, not song-writing wise.
2.) Since you feel "When Hell Comes Home," "Runaway Train" and "I'll Bite Your Face Off," songs contributed by the original band apparently sound like "The Eyes of Alice Cooper" songs then what good would that do?

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 am

Devon wrote:
tommystooge wrote:

1.) He was talking production wise, not song-writing wise.
2.) Since you feel "When Hell Comes Home," "Runaway Train" and "I'll Bite Your Face Off," songs contributed by the original band apparently sound like "The Eyes of Alice Cooper" songs then what good would that do?
???
Remember The Coop !!

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 am

I recorded the 4 songs that were played the other night on nights as well as recorded the sound clips for the album. I burned it onto CD and went out of town today and played them in my car. Even though the sound is not up to par of a CD It sounded awesome going down the road listening to them. I like it all..even with only the sound clips of the other songs I can tell at least for me this is the best album Alice has done since maybe the 70s. I am very pleased and cannot wait until it arrives in my mail..then I need to work on the other versions so I can get all the bonus tracks :alice:
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 am

Im not placing very high expectations on this album after a listen to the short samples .

To my ear I Am made of you , Last man on earth , Congergation are the stand outs by a long mile .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:28 am

From the samples every song seems 'out there' which is good. The Congregation does sound like an Oasis track (which I dont mind) because never heard Alice sing like that. Ghouls Gone Wild sounds the weak track IMO and one that I am going to dislike very quickly sounds blink 182esque :/ .

phiit
Trash
Trash

Post by phiit » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:40 am

I listened Caffeine and Bite Your Head last week and desided not to listen anything more. I wanna hear the new album as a whole :nono:

Model Citizen
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Model Citizen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 am

Finally heard I Gotta Get Out Of Here in it's entirety. Gotta say I'm getting more stoked about the new album. The call response section at the end took me back to '76 & gave me one huge shit eating grin. I love that Alice has returned to using his clean voice more frequently instead of relying on his trademark sneer too often. The songs I've heard all have distinct character & the storytelling is more convincing because of it. Can't wait to hear Under The Bed & Flatline when they become available. I'm digging everything else I've heard for the most part.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:19 pm

tommystooge wrote:
Have to disagree with this, there are only a couple of tracks which are similar to anything off Eyes.
tommystooge wrote: ...Already disappointed, not impressed with the cheap trick to connect it to WTMN, by incorporating bits from Steven and Only Women Bleed.
Have you heard the entire album yet?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Model Citizen wrote: Can't wait to hear Under The Bed & Flatline when they become available.
You're in for a treat with 'Under The Bed', it's probably my favourite, a real classic Alice track!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Pennypacker wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:even from the samples it's the best Alice album since From The Inside
That is your opinion.
everything I say is my opinion and a lot of it is true!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV