Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: W2MN - My Review - BIG SPOILER ALERT

Post by James1981 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:25 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
Awakening wrote:@While Heaven Wept: What about the featuring with Rob Zombie ? It's part of the final production or not ?
No
Whatdya mean? Rob Zombie is on this album.
I think the little spoken word bit/backing vocals on the congregation sounds like Mr Zombie. I could be wrong though.
Boomshanka

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:58 am

James1981 wrote: I think the little spoken word bit/backing vocals on the congregation sounds like Mr Zombie. I could be wrong though.
Oh good point, you might be right there.

Which version of the album did you manage to get? I'm interested to hear what the other bonus tracks are like.

Gohu
Trash
Trash

Post by Gohu » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm

According to this page here are the featurings :

1. I Am Made Of You
2. Caffeine
3. The Nightmare Returns
4. A Runaway Train (Featuring Dennis, Neal Et Mike Du Premier Groupe D’alice Cooper Et Vince Gill Guitare)
5. Last Man On Earth (Featuring David Streng,Piggy D)
6. The Congregation (Featuring Rob Zombie Et Kip Winger)
7. I’ll Bite Your Face Off (Featuring Dennis, Neal Et Mike)
8. Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever (Featuring John 5 )
9. Ghouls Gone Wild (Featuring Mark Volman De The Turtles Et Flo & Eddie)
10. Something To Remember Me By (Featuring Steve Hunter)
11. When Hell Comes Home (Featuring Mike, Dennis Et Neal, Et Steve Hunter)
12. What Baby Wants (Featuring Ke$Ha Et Steve Hunter)
13. Gotta Get Outta Here (Featuring Patterson Hood Et Vince Gill)
14. The Underture
15. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place Here (Reprise Des Animals)

http://www.amazon.fr/Welcome-My-Nightma ... 845&sr=1-2

Rob zombie on the congregation

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:40 am

Only listened to it once but I Managed to capitalise on the amazon mistake last night and I have to say its a very strong AC album. Better than the original? - no, but as creativity goes I think its great and is definately up there with his best solo work. I aint going to review every song but just an assessment of how I felt it was to listen to as an album.
I am Made of You is an outstanding opener for the album and is one of my faves which is closely followed by the energetic Caffeine. In fact the first seven tracks are all absolute belters in different ways.
Now for me you have a bit of a mad moment with Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever and Ghouls Gone Wild both fun tracks but unfortunately it is where the album takes a bit of a lull from the earlier songs IMO.
the ballads great 'something to remember me by'.
I actually quite like 'When Hell Comes Home' although I would have thought the original band would have played on a more 'classic garage rock' song, kinda like Under my wheels or NMMNG.
The duet with Kesha is okay but again doesnt really hit the mark for me.
Then you have the finale which kind of concludes the album brilliantly. I Gotta get outta here I absolutely love, reminds me of a song from the film Dumb and Dumber but I cant recall what its called. The Underture is where is all brought back to the Nightmare and then obviously you We Gotta Get outta this place.

On first listen of the album I would say its definately going to be a hit with the fans, superbly wrote, very creative and I like how Alice has gone for every possible sound to mix up the album. :rock:

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:52 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
James1981 wrote: I think the little spoken word bit/backing vocals on the congregation sounds like Mr Zombie. I could be wrong though.
Oh good point, you might be right there.

Which version of the album did you manage to get? I'm interested to hear what the other bonus tracks are like.
I got the amazon version so just we gotta get out of this place as a bonus track. Still looking very much forward to under the bed when I get my fan pack.
Boomshanka

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 am

I totally agree that this review is spot on. But sadly, WTMN 2 totally missed it for me. I had HIGH expectations for this release too. I AM REALLY BUMMED OUT .I know that I will be over run with fans (as I am one of them) telling me how off the mark I am. But after listening to the samples....I just ain't digging any of it. SO... I am off to listen to the cds that made me a Coop fan in the first place. I cant take any more of this "new " stuff.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:52 am

guilty65 wrote:I totally agree that this review is spot on. But sadly, WTMN 2 totally missed it for me. I had HIGH expectations for this release too. I AM REALLY BUMMED OUT .I know that I will be over run with fans (as I am one of them) telling me how off the mark I am. But after listening to the samples....I just ain't digging any of it. SO... I am off to listen to the cds that made me a Coop fan in the first place. I cant take any more of this "new " stuff.
Guilty65 have you formed your opinion from hearing the whole album or just from the samples? I'm not having a dig, cos my expectations of this album have gone up and down more than Gail's knickers. Having heard only IBYFO and caffeine in full I'm mixed. IBYFO, decent enough rocker but not startling, caffeine I think is an excellent song, and the samples, on the whole sound really cool but I don't get an overall feel for the album so still a bit worried.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 am

dadascot wrote:
guilty65 wrote:I totally agree that this review is spot on. But sadly, WTMN 2 totally missed it for me. I had HIGH expectations for this release too. I AM REALLY BUMMED OUT .I know that I will be over run with fans (as I am one of them) telling me how off the mark I am. But after listening to the samples....I just ain't digging any of it. SO... I am off to listen to the cds that made me a Coop fan in the first place. I cant take any more of this "new " stuff.
Guilty65 have you formed your opinion from hearing the whole album or just from the samples? I'm not having a dig, cos my expectations of this album have gone up and down more than Gail's knickers. Having heard only IBYFO and caffeine in full I'm mixed. IBYFO, decent enough rocker but not startling, caffeine I think is an excellent song, and the samples, on the whole sound really cool but I don't get an overall feel for the album so still a bit worried.
I would urge you both to hold out until you have heard the whole thing. Some of the songs can vary massively - 'The Congregation' for example has been compared to an Oasis song by s few people here, however i think thats because they've only heard a sample. The rest of the song really sounds nothing like an Oasis song.

But ofcourse, everyone will have a different opinion on this album and Alice can't please everyone all the time. No-one here will get angry at you if you just don't like it!

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:56 am

dadascot wrote:

No I understand you are not having a go at me :grin: But I just didn't get it. I heard all of the 30 second samples and I know that I should wait til I hear the whole thing in its entirety. Some tunes were cool (Maybe 2) But for the rest of what I heard, I feel let down. I still am a Coop fan have been since 1972...Always will be. I Just had higher hopes for something different.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am

Why don't you try the samples that are 1:30 long each (except Nightmare returns 30 sec) You might feel different about the songs. Do a search on here for iTunes Pre-Orders w/ longer samples thread.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

grim fact
Trash
Trash

Post by grim fact » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

steven15322 wrote:Why don't you try the samples that are 1:30 long each (except Nightmare returns 30 sec) You might feel different about the songs. Do a search on here for iTunes Pre-Orders w/ longer samples thread.

Good suggestion.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/wel ... 457045979#

Click on 'View in iTunes' and away you go!

Will be pressing the skip button when Ghouls Gone Wild is due to come on. If I want a Wiggles song...

There's a lot of things I'll remember Alice for, but Something To Remember Me By' won't be one of them.

grim fact
Trash
Trash

Post by grim fact » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 pm

What Baby Wants sure ain't what I want.

I'll Bite Your Face Off might be one of the better tracks, but I didn't think it came across as well live.

Bad Situation seems ok.

Overall feel so far that's it all a bit too polished and happy sounding...and too much of that horrible modern edge on some of the tracks.

If I only listened to samples of Dada, I might have my doubts with that album, but as a whole it goes down just fine.

So, still hoping the full versions do the trick here!

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 pm

I had high hopes that this album would be a total winner but i have a bad feeling i was way off the mark .

Some of the longer sample tunes sound like they should be on a scooby doo Tv show or a childs halloween album .

( my daughers Comment was sounds like scooby doo music )

Tunes like , I am made of you , Last man on earth , Congregation , gotta get out of here , bad situation exemplifies that the coop still has talent and skill .

A best album is at one end of the spectrum and worst is at the other end... but average would have to be in the middle of the two ends, making it harder to measure . i guess ill have to wait for the full album before i pass final judgement
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

criss wrote:i guess ill have to wait for the full album before i pass final judgement
I HOPE you'll wait to hear the entire album before judging. Isn't your comment kind of like judging a movie based on the trailer? ;)

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:
criss wrote:i guess ill have to wait for the full album before i pass final judgement
I HOPE you'll wait to hear the entire album before judging. Isn't your comment kind of like judging a movie based on the trailer? ;)
Just my preliminary assessment and random thoughts based on the longer demos .

When i watch a movie trailer i go wow that looks cool or that is nt my cuppa tea . But no , one can not judge a entire movie based on just the trailer .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

HeyAlice
Trash
Trash

Post by HeyAlice » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

awesome Ive been loving the clips Ive heard so far one of Alice best albums
http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

✌ Click my listings for the best in Horror! ✌

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm not going to pass judgement on the 3 songs i have heard from W2MN until i hear in its entirety.To be honest,i was expecting a Welcome to My Nightmare meets Brutal Planet type of album.A creepy,darker albeit heavy sort of album,with few surprises thrown into the mix.It does not mean i won't like it....just not what i was expecting.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Exactly...Shock Rock, That was what I was expecting as well. A darker heavier record. This one seem too happy.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I could very well be wrong, but I think many of us were expecting/hoping a darker heavier record with acas as well. Instead we got a very upbeat rock n roll record. It seems Nightmare 2 is built the same way.

I personally love the dark heavier Alice, (Brutal Planet & 1/4 of Dragontown.) But I can understand why Alice went the way he did with the 2 records. The dark and heavy thing would be a very predictable/cliched format/(I'm not dissing)and I think most critics would have dismissed these albums if they were made in that way, because that's what they expect from Alice. So when he delivers the absolute opposite of what is expected, it really surprises them. (not us so much as we know Alice's talents)

So, while I personally would have preferred the dark heavier Alice, I certainly understand why he is doing things the way he is.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Darren wrote:I could very well be wrong, but I think many of us were expecting/hoping a darker heavier record with acas as well. Instead we got a very upbeat rock n roll record. It seems Nightmare 2 is built the same way.
I was expecting W2MN to be diverse, well produced and slick. My expectations were exceeded on all counts.