When you first met Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Re: When you first met Alice

Post by tommystooge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:03 am

As for meeting Alice, I have met the Coop a bunch of times over the years...

The first time was in the early 80's, I was able to get on the Canadian leg of the Special Forces tour, backstage passes etc. He did a Q&A once here.

One time Brian (World's Biggest Alice Cooper Fan) introduced me to Alice as Canada's Biggest Alice Cooper Fan. I knew Brian long before he became Alice's assistant, we used to see each other at Alice concerts and record conventions.

As for the guys, they have been great. Hung out with Mike in the 1990's while he was in my city for awhile, it was kinda sad a bit, cuz he played around town with a Alice cover band. Dennis has been great, he deserves more credit than he's been given, and the world's greatest drummer, is nothing but a stand up guy...The five guys are THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND EVER!!!!!!
Remember The Coop !!

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Re: When you first met Alice

Post by Headbangers Ball » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:02 am

I have met Alice at a 'Meet and Greet' concert a few years ago - but I'll tell you my older sister's story as its more interesting.

Alice was hosting his annual free charity event at Cooperstown in Phoenix a good few years ago over lunch time. My sister at that time was working close by at the bank and one of her collegues happened to mention the event. My sister, knowing what a huge fan I was, decided to see if they could get in and get a photo for me.

One of her friends had a polaroid camera, so a few of them went over to Cooperstown to find a notice on the door saying it was closed that day due to a private charity lunch (I think it was for homeless people). The doors were not locked so they went in anyway - to find Alice dishing up food to a line of people!

My sister went straight up to him and said 'Alice, my sister in England is your biggest fan. Would you mind posing with me for a photo that I can take to England for her'. Alice graciously obliged and said it was not problem and he was happy to do so. I keep my polaroid picture safely in my purse to this day!
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!