W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2751
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:59 pm

GailsFriend wrote:again, you need to listen to it, without distraction. Not in the car....not at work....just you and the album need some time together.
You need to accept that someone doesn't like the album and move on with your life.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:10 pm

"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GNDM

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GNDM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:18 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I do this only out of pity....

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... index.html

If that post was meant for me....you did not address my questions?

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm

GNDM wrote:One of the W2MN reviews left out by Gailsfriend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq2g0NUj_Mo

Gailsfriend, a question for you. You found dozens and dozens of positive reviews (so you say, I didn't read them) of W2MN....yet the album will, very likely, be off the Billboard charts next week. Have you come to the same conclusion that I have....that all those reviews are not even read, and/or totally ignored. One would think with all the positive reviews you found, that this album would have gone in the opposite direction from #22, than it has? As someone said before about their worth...those reviews and $4 will get you a tall latte at Starbucks.
Again, you are proven wrong....you see, GNDM and Parish, you are both part of a very small group of people who dislike the album. Most find the album "wonderful", "amazing", "fantastic", "brilliant", "superb", "awesome"....and a myriad of other descriptives in the positive. How long do you wish to live in delusion that the album "sucks"?

Here is another positive album review:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... index.html
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GNDM

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GNDM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm

GailsFriend wrote:
GNDM wrote:One of the W2MN reviews left out by Gailsfriend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq2g0NUj_Mo

Gailsfriend, a question for you. You found dozens and dozens of positive reviews (so you say, I didn't read them) of W2MN....yet the album will, very likely, be off the Billboard charts next week. Have you come to the same conclusion that I have....that all those reviews are not even read, and/or totally ignored. One would think with all the positive reviews you found, that this album would have gone in the opposite direction from #22, than it has? As someone said before about their worth...those reviews and $4 will get you a tall latte at Starbucks.



Again, you are proven wrong....you see, GNDM and Parish, you are both part of a very small group of people who dislike the album. Most find the album "wonderful", "amazing", "fantastic", "brilliant", "superb", "awesome"....and a myriad of other descriptives in the positive. How long do you wish to live in delusion that the album "sucks"?
My question was not about if I liked or disliked the album. My question was related to sales. With the "overwhelming" number of positive reviews you have found....why aren't sales soaring? In addition, my question also concerned THE WORTH of these reviews you found.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Actually, it is sad that you come off as nearly glad to see Alice sell less albums....that is not what a true Alice fan would do. You really need to re-evaluate what type of fan you are. Most fans try to encourage others to listen to their favorite artist....I see you are on the opposite team.

Really, it is pitiful. ::((: :(

Maybe you and the other anti-W2MN people can call your bowling team "W2MN H8TRZ" There is about 5 of you....
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Parish » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:29 pm

GNDM wrote:
My question was not about if I liked or disliked the album. My question was related to sales. With the "overwhelming" number of positive reviews you have found....why aren't sales soaring? In addition, my question also concerned THE WORTH of these reviews you found.
And BINGO was his name oh....

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Parish » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Maybe you and the other anti-W2MN people can call your bowling team "W2MN H8TRZ" There is about 5 of you....
That would be a basketball team then...

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2751
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Actually, it is sad that you come off as nearly glad to see Alice sell less albums....that is not what a true Alice fan would do. You really need to re-evaluate what type of fan you are. Most fans try to encourage others to listen to their favorite artist....I see you are on the opposite team.

Really, it is pitiful. ::((: :(

Maybe you and the other anti-W2MN people can call your bowling team "W2MN H8TRZ" There is about 5 of you....
Dude, they have medication for this.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Parish » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:37 pm

My kids are huuuuuuuuuuuge Cooper fans with WTMN being a particular favorite. I played the record for them just to get their reactions with no mention of my take on the CD or predisposal of any kind. They didn't hate it but they didn't really like it either. They were kinda indifferent to it and thats pretty much how I feel about it.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Bowling is more pitiful....which is appropriate.....You could have satin jackets with neat lettering on the back and everything. It would be your own little club...all talking about how "awful" the new album is, and how few albums Alice sells, because his albums are not as good as in 1974....with the ACG.

Real fans would understand and promote their favorite artist. I would like to see Alice sell more records, but...it's not gonna happen with this attitude. In today's society, current bands have a hard time promoting themselves, that is why "street teams" are encouraged, to hand out flyers and call radio stations. How much more difficult is it for Alice Cooper?

Yesterday, I told a customer at work...."go buy the new Alice Cooper album, Welcome 2 My Nightmare, it's fantastic! You will love it..."

and for the last month, my co-workers have all been listening to my iPod....and learning the words to W2MN....oh, did I mention? They are only 20 year olds who don't know anything about Alice. They do now....and they love "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever".

W2MN could be the very first Alice Cooper record for a new fan. Remember your first Alice Cooper album? Remember how fascinated you were?

Try sharing your music with others...watch them get excited about cool characters and visions of hell and monsters...Alice Cooper is more than "I'm Eighteen" and "School's Out"......

Re-evaluate what kind of fan you are....because that effects what success Alice has.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Parish » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 pm

GailsFriend wrote:....oh, did I mention? They are only 20 year olds who don't know anything about Alice.
And there ya have it folks...game, set and match...

GNDM

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GNDM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:05 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Actually, it is sad that you come off as nearly glad to see Alice sell less albums....that is not what a true Alice fan would do. You really need to re-evaluate what type of fan you are. Most fans try to encourage others to listen to their favorite artist....I see you are on the opposite team.

Really, it is pitiful. ::((: :(

Maybe you and the other anti-W2MN people can call your bowling team "W2MN H8TRZ" There is about 5 of you....
You are STILL ignoring my questions about the value of all these reviews you post...and in turn their effect on sales. All you have done is tried to indite the questioner (me) as being anti-Alice. YOU are the one posting all these reviews. Tell us of what value they are. Posting them here, amongst Alice Cooper fans, seems a waste of time and energy....so tell us HOW they effect the sales of W2MN to the outside world. Are those positive reviews working as intended...or are they largely ignored?

GNDM

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GNDM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Gailsfriend...one more question.

I am understanding by your remarks that anyone who does not think like you, concerning W2MN, is a "hater". True?

If so, then those fans here who prefer Alice solo, must be a form of "haters" in that they dislike early Alice Cooper material.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:35 pm

I am not ignoring you, my darling. I wouldn't dream of it...

The value of these reviews...both positive and negative if you paid attention...was to stop the bickering among the brethren here....which worked until I ran out of reviews. Now, do you really want to go back to bickering? Because talking positives about Alice is a lot more fun....

The other value of reviews...is that for every non-fan that reads a positive review and goes out and buys a copy...(or more likely, downloads), there will be more sales in the future of both present and past releases....and "they told 2 friends and so on..." Why do you think re-issues are made? for just the same fans from 1974?...no. New fans are made every day....or maybe every month...but, only if we talk positives to non-fans. What about the new fans that join STUK?...would they want to be part of a group of "W2MN H8RZ?....no, because their first AC album was W2MN. For example: The Elder is the "worst selling" Kiss album of all time...but, there are people who became fans of Kiss because of the album, therefore they love Kiss and The Elder is their favorite album of all. Now, does the album "suck" or "rule"?

Have you told a non-fan to listen to the new Alice album? Probably not, because you were too busy saying it sucks....that doesn't help Alice today. It's great to promote Billion Dollar Babies, but that album came out a long time ago.

Now, the positive reviews have ripple effect....I would think that the Worldwide sales will be higher for W2MN than for previous releases...already is. Have you looked up that information, GNDM?

Here is your homework: what are the current worldwide sales of W2MN? Are they higher or lower than previous releases? How does that make you feel considering you do not like W2MN? What changes can you make to encourage others (non-fans) to listen to W2MN despite how you feel about the album?
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:46 pm

GNDM....my mailbox is open if you would like to continue our debate....I don't know if it is appropriate for new fans to see older fans bickering. It doesn't send a good message.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GNDM

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GNDM » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:57 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I am not ignoring you, my darling. I wouldn't dream of it...

The value of these reviews...both positive and negative if you paid attention...was to stop the bickering among the brethren here....which worked until I ran out of reviews. Now, do you really want to go back to bickering? Because talking positives about Alice is a lot more fun....

The other value of reviews...is that for every non-fan that reads a positive review and goes out and buys a copy...(or more likely, downloads), there will be more sales in the future of both present and past releases....and "they told 2 friends and so on..." Why do you think re-issues are made? for just the same fans from 1974?...no. New fans are made every day....or maybe every month...but, only if we talk positives to non-fans. What about the new fans that join STUK?...would they want to be part of a group of "W2MN H8RZ?....no, because their first AC album was W2MN. For example: The Elder is the "worst selling" Kiss album of all time...but, there are people who became fans of Kiss because of the album, therefore they love Kiss and The Elder is their favorite album of all. Now, does the album "suck" or "rule"?

Have you told a non-fan to listen to the new Alice album? Probably not, because you were too busy saying it sucks....that doesn't help Alice today. It's great to promote Billion Dollar Babies, but that album came out a long time ago.

Now, the positive reviews have ripple effect....I would think that the Worldwide sales will be higher for W2MN than for previous releases...already is. Have you looked up that information, GNDM?

Here is your homework: what are the current worldwide sales of W2MN? Are they higher or lower than previous releases? How does that make you feel considering you do not like W2MN? What changes can you make to encourage others (non-fans) to listen to W2MN despite how you feel about the album?
Why is this post about what I should feel or do? Again my question was about the value of posting all those reviews. It seems to me all you did was fill up space. Do you think you changed the minds of those 5 "haters"(YOUR count/YOUR name) by you wallpapering this thread with cut and paste posts? As for the effect of all those reviews on W2MN sales....why don't you check? If these reviews can be linked to increased sales....then why has the ranking of the album fallen? Perhaps a more important reason for W2MN doing better than AC's previous albums is the bands induction into the HOF, and the release of box set? The Alice camp has done a FAR BETTER job pushing this album that they have done in a long time.

As far as reducing the bickering (LOL) do you really think your tedious posts had any effect on that? I feel for you if the opinion of some basically anonymous reviewer is so important to you, or anyone else. Personally,, I don't need to read 'reasons' why I should or shouldn't like something.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: holland

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by mestreech » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Dear Gailsfriend,
As I first liked your postings with all the reviews of the new album I now get the impression that you are on a mission.
I don't understand your reasening that every fan should promote all Cooperalbums even if they don't like it.
I never liked ACAS but I would loved it if it sold millions. However I would never promote it to my friends as I don' t like!!!! Makes me that a bad or worse fan??? NO !!!!!!!!!!!
And if you think that I am that 's your problem.
This is a forum for the Alice Cooperfan and nobody needs any dictate or judgement how to love his favorite artist.
Get a life!!!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Again, my mailbox is open. Let's not fight, hunnybunny.....at least not in public. It's rude.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:45 pm

>that all those reviews are not even read, and/or totally ignored.

Exactly. They are meaningless and whether they are positive or not is irrelevant.

Post Reply