Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by ThePainAddict » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 am

Toronto Bob: "I suppose you're not familiar with Rush an how they work."

Neil Peart: " “It should be remembered that a three-piece band cannot be a democracy. It’s no good having two winning members and one who feels like a loser."

I do agree with your general point that everyone does not need to have equal parts. But even various Rush lps were more the result of one member over the other, as is true with almost all bands. With many it is always the same member(s), with others it may fluctuate.

Robert Plant: Me and Jimmy decided...
Reporter: Do you and Page make all the decisions?
Plant: No, sometimes Pagey makes them all by himself.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:49 am

ThePainAddict wrote:Toronto Bob: "I suppose you're not familiar with Rush an how they work."

Neil Peart: " “It should be remembered that a three-piece band cannot be a democracy. It’s no good having two winning members and one who feels like a loser."

I do agree with your general point that everyone does not need to have equal parts. But even various Rush lps were more the result of one member over the other, as is true with almost all bands. With many it is always the same member(s), with others it may fluctuate.

Robert Plant: Me and Jimmy decided...
Reporter: Do you and Page make all the decisions?
Plant: No, sometimes Pagey makes them all by himself.
Who knows what Nel meant by that but as far as creating the musc. Alex and Geddy write the music and Neil does the lyrics. Has been that way since Neil joined the band. Ony a few exceptions.

Neil does allow Geddy the right to ask for a rewrite of any line in a lyric - no resistance.

Alex and Geddy do almost all the promo interviews and the meet and greets. So they themselves have worked out where the division of duties lie - I'd say that's a good example of democracy. Perhaps Neil's referring to the fact that any 1 member can say no to any idea and the band simply does not do it. Every member has veto power. So they operate on mutual consensus not popular vote. I still consider that a democracy of sorts but whatever.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:56 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>From someone who's defending an artist who just released a sequal to a 1975 album and who has toured consistently playing a setlist 50% made of songs from 1975 and earlier.

That's hardly fair nor the same thing. I'm not against the idea of any kind of reunion but I find it interesting that certain people here are just a tiny distance away from INSISTING that Alice calls for a reunion and I'm sure we can imagine how much he would just LOVE being FORCED to do something.
>That's hardly fair nor the same thing.

Perhaps not. But the analogy is good - and funny

>I'm not against the idea of any kind of reunion

I know. You are waiting on Alice to make the decision. As are Neal, Dennis, and Mike

>but I find it interesting that certain people here are just a tiny distance away from INSISTING that Alice calls for a reunion

Some people have been INSISTING about that for a long time. But, sadly, you can INSIST until the cows come home, and it means nothing if the mutual desire by one party isn’t there. (And I really doubt Alice gives a **** about what I insist on anyhow.)

>and I'm sure we can imagine how much he would just LOVE being FORCED to do something.

Sadly...that may be very, very true.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:18 am

Just a reminder....go over to the Polls section and vote on a scale of 1-10 on how you feel about Welcome 2 My Nightmare! Your opinion matters!!
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 am

FINALLY Ive been able to findthe argentine version of the album!
It contains as bonus track I gotta get out of this place only. At least something extra! he he
The booklet has just the lyrics in regular font without any art on it.

youdrivemenervous
Trash
Trash

Post by youdrivemenervous » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:02 am

It's not worthy of the Welcome moniker. Maybe they should have called it 'Goes 2 Hell'. Ezrin should be ashamed, he's lost his touch

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:07 am

youdrivemenervous wrote:It's not worthy of the Welcome moniker. Maybe they should have called it 'Goes 2 Hell'. Ezrin should be ashamed, he's lost his touch
You remind me of another forum member who found it appropriate to tell us their negative views on every thread possible.

But I'm sure you're not the same person posting under a different name, as that would be childish and pathetic.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:38 am

>Perhaps not. But the analogy is good

Well, think about it. By that logic, no artist ever should be performing songs that are more than thirty years old or something.

>You are waiting on Alice to make the decision. As are Neal, Dennis, and Mike

Actually, I'm not. I don't really care too much whether it happens or not. If it does, that would be great. If it doesn't, that would also be fine. I like the "two sticks" analogy Dennis gave.

>Some people have been INSISTING about that for a long time.

Yes and doing that makes them sound desperate and needy and we all know how attractive that is.

>But, sadly, you can INSIST until the cows come home, and it means nothing if the mutual desire by one party isn’t there.

Exactly. That's my point.

>Sadly...that may be very, very true.

Exacty.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:41 am

>But I'm sure you're not the same person posting under a different name, as that would be childish and pathetic.

It's also probably a coincidence that this person joined at around the same time as one other person was banned by the moderators of this board.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:55 am

It strange that the people who like the album are happy to say so and move on with their lives but the ones that don't have to tell us so again and again. I don't get it? Certain people seem to be very angry that the album is not what they expected and they have to tell us so over and over. They like to think what they say is fact and want to show the rest of us the error of our ways? I find it all very strange.
Boomshanka

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 am

Frustration can be a very strong force.l

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 am

James1981 wrote:It strange that the people who like the album are happy to say so and move on with their lives but the ones that don't have to tell us so again and again. I don't get it? Certain people seem to be very angry that the album is not what they expected and they have to tell us so over and over. They like to think what they say is fact and want to show the rest of us the error of our ways? I find it all very strange.
What he said.

But to be fair, in reverse when you love something you expect people to agree with you and can`t understand why they don`t. No different here, including how annoying it is to go on and on to everyone else, expecting them to suddenly see it your way haha
Unlike facts (where you can often easily be proven wrong) taste isn`t a science and it's all personal.

They ARE wrong though :rotfl:

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Si wrote:
James1981 wrote:It strange that the people who like the album are happy to say so and move on with their lives but the ones that don't have to tell us so again and again. I don't get it? Certain people seem to be very angry that the album is not what they expected and they have to tell us so over and over. They like to think what they say is fact and want to show the rest of us the error of our ways? I find it all very strange.
What he said.

But to be fair, in reverse when you love something you expect people to agree with you and can`t understand why they don`t. No different here, including how annoying it is to go on and on to everyone else, expecting them to suddenly see it your way haha
Unlike facts (where you can often easily be proven wrong) taste isn`t a science and it's all personal.

They ARE wrong though :rotfl:
:clap: :clap:

Absolutely! I'm actually gald that a good amount of us Alice fans are enjoying the new album - I wish I was one of them. As far as not moving on James1981 - I moved on right away. I just d/l a fantastic upgrade to the 1973 10 26 Austin TX Zappa show. It's an 80 minute slab of aural heaven, I have a DSOTM Immersion edition to sink into and a new synclavier album from the ZFT. I "moved on" immediately.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 pm

>I'm actually gald that a good amount of us Alice fans are enjoying the new album

You already said that but you also already said: "I
suspect your enjoyment is derived mostly from you self-identifying as a dedicated "true" AC fan rather than the music itself, but whatever." There's just a bit of a contradiction there but there's no reason not to give you the benefit of the doubt or anything.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:17 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I'm actually gald that a good amount of us Alice fans are enjoying the new album

You already said that but you also already said: "I
suspect your enjoyment is derived mostly from you self-identifying as a dedicated "true" AC fan rather than the music itself, but whatever." There's just a bit of a contradiction there but there's no reason not to give you the benefit of the doubt or anything.
Yeah - that comment about self-identifying was directed at one person specifically - nice try. I'm starting to enjoy how you try and play the role of the "gotcha reporter", you're rather comical.

And I'm being absolutely sincere when I say I'm glad some people are enjoying the new album. I want everyone (including you) to enjoy life - as long as they are not inflicting cruelty on anyone else. And someone liking W2MN does not impinge on me in anyway.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:57 pm

>Yeah - that comment about self-identifying was directed at one person specifically - nice try.

Really?! Just "at one person specifically"?! Is that why your statement began "For those of you who love the album?" You're referring to more than one person, I don't think you could have been referring to "one person specifically".

>I'm starting to enjoy how you try and play the role of the "gotcha reporter", you're rather comical.

I already "enjoy" your "comical" posts where you seem to absolutely forget what you previously wrote and then contradict yourself (as has been previously pointed out).

>as long as they are not inflicting cruelty on anyone else.

What "cruelty"?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:18 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: >as long as they are not inflicting cruelty on anyone else.

What "cruelty"?
That's meant as a general statement in life - do what you want, enjoy yourself, just don't harm others in your pursuit of happiness.

amuk - you fancy yourself as some sort of final word here. Parsing other people's posts and bogging down the conversation. Too bad you don't put forth more opinions and ideas but rather, choose to sit in your sniper tower and try to pick off other people. Have you ever started a topic? Have you ever posed what if questions, engaged in interesting speculation? Have you ever done anything here except "correct" people?

Don't bother replying - we all know the answer.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:48 pm

I am so jealous of you people that can make those red boxes when you quote someone....I can't do that.

Oh, and make sure you participate in the Polls section....How do you rate 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare on a scale of 1-10?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:55 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I am so jealous of you people that can make those red boxes when you quote someone....I can't do that.
Um....look at the bottom right of a person's post. See the "quote" button? Ta-da! Red box made.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:59 pm

that's why you're a "Dada God" and I am just a "Fashion Flusher"....I bow down!