W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 am

Alice Cooper has made a magnificent album front to back...every song will take you on a imaginary journey! Listen to it...
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:24 am

AGREE 110% GF...love it! so many cool things going on style wise. It just keeps you interested from beginning to end IMO.

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:53 am

Oh WOW! :clap:
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Alice Cooper has made a magnificent album front to back...every song will take you on a imaginary journey! Listen to it...
THIS!

Oooh the album arrived here today :clap:

I love it SO SO SOOO much!!
The sanest days are mad.

ConstrictorRules
Trash
Trash

Post by ConstrictorRules » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:40 pm

For me...best album since The Last Temptation. And might replace TLT as my favourite eventually. Way beyond my expectations! Awesome.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Just got my copy today and I am stunned. Every track is a masterpiece from start to finish. Most of all I'm just thrilled that Alice is BACK on a major label where he rightfully belongs.

I haven't heard Under The Bed or Flatline yet and to be honest I really don't care if I ever hear them anyhow. I'm probably in the minority on this but I don't believe that Stephen is dead and that everything that's happened on the album was just in fact a nightmare.

On a slightly morbid note, I kind of thought about Heath Ledger while the album was playing. I know the circumstances are polar opposites but in some ways they're slightly similar.

All in all 10/10. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You Alice. You've won me back. lol

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 pm

[quote="MacQueen"]I'm probably in the minority on this but I don't believe that Stephen is dead and that everything that's happened on the album was just in fact a nightmare./quote]

Stephen isn't dead he shot his dad between the eyes. Listen very carefully to background voices right before "Daddy's gonna get a big suprise" there is a voice that screams "Stephen!" am I the only one that hears it? This is the only place on the album Stephen is mentioned...right?
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 am

He may have died on the train though.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:08 am

I wish that dialogue in "when hell comes home" was a bit louder. even with headphones on,it sounded muddled to me. tiny criticism there. I'm in love with this album! cool to see andy with a mention in the liners btw!

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:59 am

I can hear what's being said in the background vocals, although i agree they could be slightly louder.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:09 am

Alicehunter2000 wrote:
MacQueen wrote:I'm probably in the minority on this but I don't believe that Stephen is dead and that everything that's happened on the album was just in fact a nightmare./quote]

Stephen isn't dead he shot his dad between the eyes. Listen very carefully to background voices right before "Daddy's gonna get a big suprise" there is a voice that screams "Stephen!" am I the only one that hears it? This is the only place on the album Stephen is mentioned...right?
"What part of dead don `t you get?" ;)
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 am

At times some of the songs had a krueger sound to them. So even if Steven is dead and in Hell he can always come back.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Alicehunter2000 wrote: background voices right before "Daddy's gonna get a big suprise" there is a voice that screams "Stephen!" am I the only one that hears it?
As it's been mentioned here and the lyrics including taht are in the lyrics section, I would suggest not.
Alicehunter2000 wrote:This is the only place on the album Stephen is mentioned...right?
It's "Steven" not stephen. And the name is mentioned one other place on one of the bonus tracks.

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:31 pm

While it's going to put Alice back in the spotlight - which I'm VERY happy about, I'm really let down by the new album.. It's just too silly and cartoonish.. I really miss the old intellegent Alice - he seems to be long gone.. This album is much more like Constrictor then the original Nightmare, which was really a creepy album.. I've heard several Weird Al remarks and that's honestly the first thing I thought of when I heard the auto-tuned opening track.. Alice's voice does sound shockingly similar to Weird Al (Trapped in the Drive-Thru)..

I don't know.. I really wanted to like this, but it's not even in the same league as Dada or From the Inside.. The cover art is even absurd.. Baby, Ghouls, and Disco Birdbath are just about the worst things he's ever written.. LOVE Runaway Train and Bite! The rest just makes me kind of sad he's traded in the leather boots for clown shoes...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm Pain wrote:Alice's voice does sound shockingly similar to Weird Al
Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Since when has being dead ever stopped anyone from making a comeback in the entertainment business ? I thought for sure they killed that damn shark the first time around in Jaws but with about 3 more movies about him, I may have been wrong and the last time I looked Jimi Hendrix was still dead but that has not stopped him coming out with new releases. If they can do it, Steven sure as hell can. :alice:

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:43 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
I was refering to the auto-tuned Alice...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm Pain wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
I was refering to the auto-tuned Alice...
Despite the fact it has been pointed out several times that it is NOT an auto-tune....

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Oh geez, here we go again...."Serious" Alice fans vs. "Cartoon-ey" Alice Fans...

in this case...Alice is "too silly and cartoonish" and just not "intellegent" enough for this person, named I'm Pain.

Let's see what silly and cartoonish songs Alice has released all along...

What about Beautiful Flyaway, Hitchhike, Nobody Likes Me, Crazy Little Child, Man With a Golden Gun, Some Folks, I'm Always Chasing Rainbows, Damned If You Do, Ubangi Stomp, King of the Silver Screen, No More Love at Your Convenience, For Veronica's Sake, Leather Boots, Aspirin Damage, Nuclear Infected, Prettiest Cop on the Block, Make That Money, I'm Alive, This Maniac's In Love With You, I'm Your Gun, Hey Stoopid, Bad Place Alone, Look At You Over There, Ripping The Sawdust From My Teddybear, Clowns Will Eat Me, I'm So Angry, Step On You, The Saga of Jesse Jane, and...Keepin' Halloween Alive?

These songs don't have deep meanings or clever concepts, but they are fun to listen to....this is ROCK AND ROLL...not rocket science. Stop trying to make Alice Cooper some intelligent professor....he is a vaudeville broadway rock and roll clown...and a brilliant one at that.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.[/quote]

I was refering to the auto-tuned Alice...[/quote]

Despite the fact it has been pointed out several times that it is NOT an auto-tune....[/quote]

I'm sorry.. I'll use the correct term if you give it to me - since you didn't understand.. I can talk slower as well if you like..