W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:48 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I didn't expect this....but, this album is being discussed in other forums....

http://www.robhalford.com/quorum/showth ... ?p=1775221
I could post links to other forums where they are discussing the album but I didn't.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 am

GailsFriend wrote:I didn't expect this....but, this album is being discussed in other forums....

http://www.robhalford.com/quorum/showth ... ?p=1775221
GailsFriend, please don't link to other boards. We have more than enough information and reviews on W2MN as it is.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:07 am

I have secretly recorded audio of two people in a Best Buy discussing an album that was displayed next to "Welcome 2 My Nightmare."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:26 am

"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

youdrivemenervous
Trash
Trash

Post by youdrivemenervous » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 am

W2MN is a poor attempt at a sequel to a seminal album. While the original had no weak tracks, this one has many.

'Bloodbath Disco Boogie Fever' is simply appalling and Alice should be ashamed for including it. 'Ghouls gone wild' is a weak Eddie Cochran rip-off (the original wasn't much better). 'Whe Hell Comes Home' is gloomy and dismal. Alice breaks his own golden rule here by providing a concept with no melody.
And the crowning turd on the pile is 'The Underture' which is the laziest piece of nonsense ever created. Include a few classic tunes with some tacky rubbish from the new album. How lazy has Ezrin become? Nothing new. Nothing inventive or creative.

AC made a big mistake in releasing this collection of mediocrity. It would have been better if he named it 'Goes 2 Hell' as that was another mixed bag.

POST EDITED TO REMOVE OFF TOPIC RUBBISH

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:00 am

Wow.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

youdrivemenervous
Trash
Trash

Post by youdrivemenervous » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:07 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Wow.
Please don't get me wrong, I live and breathe Alice. But this album is not worthy of the moniker and I will exercise my right to say so. Sacrilege though it may be to some.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:24 am

youdrivemenervous wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Wow.
Please don't get me wrong, I live and breathe Alice. But this album is not worthy of the moniker and I will exercise my right to say so. Sacrilege though it may be to some.

There are some here that agree with you. I do expect your post to disappear though.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 am

Well, you would have done okay, albeit with extremely flawed reasoning, but you had to bookend your post with an attack on the moderators and two of the people responsible for paying for and running the very site you use FREE OF CHARGE but are obviously ungrateful for.

Therefore, as a "facist pal" of his, I will exercise MY right as a forum moderator to ENFORCE the rules that you AGREED TO when you signed up. Thread will be locked so that your posts/membership can be reviewed. Not doing yourself any favors attacking moderation just 15 posts in...

A piece of advice, if you don't want your post deleted, DON'T CREATE A REASON TO HAVE IT DELETED.
There are some here that agree with you. I do expect your post to disappear though.
Taking swipes at the moderation is a good way to start, right?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:41 am

The post from 'youdrivemenervous' HAS been edited to remove irrelevent stuff. The rest is opinion which he has a right to hold.

The poster has however been banned. The poster is Antony Jones, who is well known and generally hated in UK AC circles for the racist and horendously insulting things he has posted both publically and privately in the past about fans, band members and band associates. Had I realised it was he, signing up under a new name, the membership would obviously not have been approved.

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 am

Cool.. Glad he's gone. He has been like some others overly
rude.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 am

And now we can move back on to engaging and relevant topics... like AutoTune.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 am

Devon wrote:And now we can move back on to engaging and relevant topics... like AutoTune.

:evil: :evil:

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Devon wrote:And now we can move back on to engaging and relevant topics... like AutoTune.
Or perhaps the in print equivalent of spell check. Let it be known that I will no longer be reading anyone's posts if they use spell check. The words just don't look as good.
Boomshanka

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Been listening to W2MN for nearly a month and here are my thoughts:

PRO - There are several songs I like a lot that will be favorites of mine for years to come including Caffeine, Runaway Train, Last Man on Earth, The Congregation, When Hell Comes Home, and What Baby Wants. I'm hoping What Baby Wants is released soon as a single and gets some mainstream attention. Love the dream/nightmare sequence that starts with Runaway Train but unfortunately goes off the rails with the disco song.

CON - The album cover is terrible and conveys the wrong message in every possible way. I skip the following songs when I listen: I am Made of You, Disco blah blah, Ghouls Gone Wild, Something to Remember Me By. If instead there were four songs more clearly related to the nightmare and more in the "mood" like Steven this could have been a fantastic album.

OVERALL - I like it. I tried to think back at other albums and how many songs I still like a lot and this one will hold up. It makes me want a whole album with Alice, Ezrin, and the original band as their songs were among the strongest on the album and I think Dennis etc would curb Alice and Ezrin's tendency to go off in musical and lyrical directions that undermine the power of what Alice does.

Very good album here, especially the first half.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:24 pm

"Well, you would have done okay, albeit with extremely flawed reasoning" - Devon
"[Reasoning]is the means by which rational beings understand themselves to think about cause and effect, truth and falsehood, and what is good or bad."

In this case, the poster, "youdrivemenervous" was using abductive reasoning. I think you, Devon, are using the term 'reasoning' when you meant opinion. While the forms and outcomes of reasoning can be debated....you would have to show where this person's reasoning is wrong. IMO, the poster used a form of intuitive/abductive reasoning to detail what he felt was good or bad about the album. But since he stated it more as an opinion, it would be hard to debate his reasoning skills...since he did not stick to a reasoned type of discussion.

Thus...I think you find his opinion flawed, which is fine, but his reasoning skills were not presented correctly or were done poorly. i.e.: The song is poor, so Ezrin is lazy. Poor reasoning skills...that you could point out. But saying his reasoning skills are poor because he personally dislikes an album are not open to a reasoning-type debate.

As a further note, I find it upsetting that any posts that have the appearance of being negative towards "Alice" are attacked very quickly and repeatedly. May I point out the "debate" around the poster Parish, who took to the defensive in a comical way and was slapped for even doing that. The on going theme of "Alice is never wrong, so anything he produces has to be right", is a good example of poor reasoning. I know gaining "brownie points" for supporting all things Alice is essential to many here, but I think it blocks or at least defers any forms of reasonable debate. If this board's goal is to simple rubber stamp all that is Alice, perhaps it should be so stated. If not, I think you will find increased reluctance of people to speak their true thoughts for fear of ridicule and censorship. I know this site is for fans...but try to allow some open debate without yelling, "You are wrong...and here is why." by dozens of loyal (and one crazy) fans, anytime someone dares question the "truth".

(Please don't respond if you are going to basically say..."But he insulted Si!" That was not my point.)

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 pm

GNDM wrote:I think you, Devon, are using the term 'reasoning' when you meant opinion. While the forms and outcomes of reasoning can be debated....you would have to show where this person's reasoning is wrong.
Saying that Ezrin has become "lazy" for the "Underture" after he co-wrote something like a dozen brand new songs for the album is flawed reasoning. It's also clear that he didn't understand that an "Underture" is a joke on an "Overture," which is SUPPOSED to include a suite of the songs of the story.
IMO, the poster used a form of intuitive/abductive reasoning to detail what he felt was good or bad about the album.
If you had seen the whole post, he didn't.
But saying his reasoning skills are poor because he personally dislikes an album are not open to a reasoning-type debate.
No, his reasoning skills were flawed in this case because they were flawed. I have pointed things out like this to people who like the new album.
As a further note, I find it upsetting that any posts that have the appearance of being negative towards "Alice" are attacked very quickly and repeatedly.
That will happen on a fan forum.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 pm

No, his reasoning skills were flawed in this case because they were flawed. I have pointed things out like this to people who like the new album.
To expect someone to "reason" just like you is no more correct than expecting all opinions to be just like yours.
As a further note, I find it upsetting that any posts that have the appearance of being negative towards "Alice" are attacked very quickly and repeatedly.

That will happen on a fan forum.
It does not have to be that way, especially if you want to further your understanding of a subject by being open to different ideas.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:53 am

GNDM said.."I know this site is for fans...but try to allow some open debate without yelling, "You are wrong...and here is why." by dozens of loyal (and one crazy) fans, anytime someone dares question the "truth"."

Awww....why, GNDM, I am touched that you were thinking of me. But, I won't tell you where you touched me.....heeheee.

Just for you...

http://mog.com/Alien8n/blog/3440127

http://www.beat.com.au/music/alice-coop ... -nightmare

http://www.metalreview.com/reviews/6442 ... -nightmare
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 am

Hey GailsFriend, how do you find the time to search for all these reviews? It's very very... err, amazing.